STREET FIGHTER

Im starting off with e.honda since i already know all his moves and then ill move on to other characters.

Wanna play bad but I just had a newborn. Decided to wait on a sale since I wont have time to grind. :ohwell:

That's funny you say that. I was watching this podcast last week with 3 dads and 1 soon-to-be dad. The dads all talk about how they did a **** ton of gaming when their kids were newborns because newborns don't really do much. Granted, these guys cover video games for a living, so YMMV.

Last edited:
ken is pretty good…i dont think hes as fast as sf5, his rushdown isnt as good either, but he has range and can poke from further out and has some nice combos.

i still need to get better at defending the drive impact (hp+hk) thing (people seem to spam that alot)

The more you play online the easier it becomes to react to it. People get pretty predictable, especially when they have you in the corner. Keep your fingers near the buttons when on defense then as soon as you see the animation do your drive impact to counter.

the game is gonna be fun…

i got through about 2/3 of kens combo trials last night…i feel like the trials really try to make you get away from past street fighter controls…the muscle memory is hard to break out of…

cancelling out of a move with a dash is gonna be legit tho!

I finished Ryu’s trials this morning. The ones I hate are the drive rush off of a special move (which means you have to parry >> immediately after the special). The timing is tiiiiiight. Then you have to do whatever other nonsense.

But none of the combos are as crazy as the combo videos that dropped online after the beta.

Played the arcade with Ryu. Anyone know if there are any rewards for playing on the easiest or hardest.

Hardest is ridiculous. They went to OD. There are lil things you can do but it’s like the CPU can read your inputs and does ToD combos.

That's funny you say that. I was watching this podcast last week with 3 dads and 1 soon-to-be dad. The dads all talk about how they did a **** ton of gaming when their kids were newborns because newborns don't really do much. Granted, these guys cover video games for a living, so YMMV.

True but I also have a 2 yo amd he does alot. Mommy busy with the little one and that means I have the other one all day

JP the only character thats giving me problems. Ive only ran into like 5 since i started playing yesterday so the inexperience against him is real.

I used to be the same way, I was a huge Ryu/Ken player. Later shifted to Akuma.
Down the line in SSFIV AE I moved over to Bison, it was a hell of a transition but you get used to it quick. Charge characters taught me a lot about spacing and defense.
While it’s not really “practical” Balrog turn punch is crazy if you can land it.

ken had been my main since sf2 came out on super nintendo…

i started out with ryu when sf2 was in the arcades. i realized kens shoryuken was better once i got the game on console and ive never really been able to use anyone else. i cant even imagine what it would be like to use a charge character like guile/balrog

I dont think so. Now that ive played a few of them hes not as menacing as he seems. His long range offense is good but he pretty much has no wake up options. Once you get a knockdown he's at your mercy.

Platinum is grueling man 😂. Im like 700 points from Diamond but this **** is TOUGH. Pretty much playing against nothing but killers. Any whif or mistake will cost you the game quick. Once i hit Diamond with Ryu im picking up somebody new.

Yerp. I’m in platinum with gief. Running into nothing but JP and guile’s tonight. It’s not fun 😂

IMG_7665.png

Finally can put Ryu to bed 😂. Bout to switch to Manon and run through the World Tour.

Back
Top Bottom