T-Mobile Project Dark- $50 Unlimited Everything Plan!? UPDATE: IT'S UP!!! T-Mobile.com!!!

pssh if u on t-mobile da best phone IS da sidekick LX 2009...da 9700 BB remains to be seen how good it will be..on paper da specs look basically identical to da 3g sidekick.

The difference is that it....isn't....a....Sidekick. Advantage 9700.

For me a phone is more than specs. Yes, the Sidekick has nice specs. Yes it has 3G. But it's still a Sidekick--the form factor was dope back in like2003/2004. I'm sure it works well for what it is designed for--as a matter of fact, I know it does. But it's still a Sidekick with that corny swivelform factor and non-pocketable brick shape.

And as far as the plan pricing, who the %$%* is paying over $100 for a Blackberry data/minutes plan?! On T-Mobile?!

I pay $160/month for my wife's BB and mine. And that includes unlimited everything--minutes, texting and data. Not too shabby.

Do BB's have tabs when it comes to web viewing? Similar to the G1 and mytouch with their tabs?

Sidekicks dont have it.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

pssh if u on t-mobile da best phone IS da sidekick LX 2009...da 9700 BB remains to be seen how good it will be..on paper da specs look basically identical to da 3g sidekick.

For me a phone is more than specs. Yes, the Sidekick has nice specs. Yes it has 3G. But it's still a Sidekick--the form factor was dope back in like 2003/2004. I'm sure it works well for what it is designed for--as a matter of fact, I know it does. But it's still a Sidekick with that corny swivel form factor and non-pocketable brick shape.

specs is da most important thing in a phone. period.

sidekick's easy interface>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>blackberry.

and blackberry have notorious slowdown issues...we'll see wass really good wit da onyx.

Regardless of people's views on Sidekicks, ninjahood is correct, it has comparable specs with a lot top smartphones out. That's pretty much impossibleto dispute, it has most of the same functions.

I never get why people always like to put down other people's choices in life. Another person's phone doesn't concern me, if it serves theirpurposes and wants, then its all gravy.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm really anxious to see what this is, an unlimited everything plan would be huge, I planned on staying with T-Mobileregardless, but this, alongside some new phones, would be great.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

For me a phone is more than specs. Yes, the Sidekick has nice specs. Yes it has 3G. But it's still a Sidekick--the form factor was dope back in like 2003/2004. I'm sure it works well for what it is designed for--as a matter of fact, I know it does. But it's still a Sidekick with that corny swivel form factor and non-pocketable brick shape.
specs is da most important thing in a phone. period.

sidekick's easy interface>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>blackberry.

and blackberry have notorious slowdown issues...we'll see wass really good wit da onyx.

I love my Sk09 but some small things I still have an issue with.

-Bing sucks.
-No tabbed web browsing
-No customizable ringtones

Small issues, but whatever. Still love my Sk09, upgrading to a 9700. Might as well wait for that to come out.

While I do disagree when people say Sk09 are for kids/teenagers, Blackberrys do have a more "grown" feel. Granted most people get Blackberrys justcause (and dont use 100% of the phone), ill be getting one just for a change. Sidekicks have been my main phone for years now.

Yeah, I've been waiting to make the jump to a BB, and I've been holding out for a 3G one to finally come to T-Mobile, where they're slacking forsure. But I've been really interested in the Motorola Cliq, I've been impressed with what I've seen. I need a keyboard though so that rules out themytouch or any other touchscreens.

Most early impressions of the 9700 have been great so that's a good sign.

But it's still a Sidekick with that corny swivel form factor and non-pocketable brick shape.
Really?

First one is BB & 2nd is Sidekick.

[table][tr][td]Dimensions[/td] [td]2.4 x 4.3 x 0.5 inches [/td] [td]5.2 x 2.4 x 0.6 inches[/td] [/tr][/table]

I've got to say.

To all you BB owners who are flicking your nose at SK users...

You DO know that BB is the new SK right?
laugh.gif

If you ain't in corporate America there's no need for you having such a phone.

Attention +@$%$*, !#$$%$+ sheep is what you dudes are
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

I've got to say.

laugh.gif

Attention @%+%#@, @@#@$%! sheep is what you dudes are
laugh.gif

:stoneface x 4000

Pssh, Iphones=new SK

I've got to say.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Basically. And I don't have neither, WinMo FTW

I've got to say.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

So let me get this straight. A Sidekick and a BB have pretty much comparable specifications, right? That said, the difference is form factor and OS, right? So because the Sidekick has a "simple" interface, it's okay to use if you aren't in corporate America, but a BB isn't? Because it has aswivel and a BB doesn't, it's cool to use even though it has better or comparable specs to the "corportate" Blackberry, right?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

By that logic, nobody should be using either device unless they're in the corporate world.

Like I said, the Sidekick is good at what it does, no doubt. I had the first two joints back in college and they were decent devices. I just don't seehow you can compare a device like the Bold to a Sidekick though. It has nothing to do with one being "grown" and the other being "kiddie",either. Meh....different strokes for different folks, I guess.

And how does owning a BB make you an attention seeker? It has to be that swivel form factor and the sound it makes when you flick it open that makes all thegirls heads turn, right?
laugh.gif

Not only am I going to wait and see if there's a catch (regional plan?), I'm waiting to see how the other carriers react.

How much more are you willing to pay to have a certain phone (iPhone - if you're not unwilling to unlock or aren't tech savvy, Pre, Hero, Imagio) orcoverage (Verizon)? I don't know what the answer is for me, but I'm hoping that we'll get to find out.

Originally Posted by King NJC

But it's still a Sidekick with that corny swivel form factor and non-pocketable brick shape.
Really?

First one is BB & 2nd is Sidekick.

[table][tr][td]Dimensions[/td] [td]2.4 x 4.3 x 0.5 inches[/td] [td]5.2 x 2.4 x 0.6 inches[/td] [/tr][/table]
Hmmm......

BB Bold (the largest BB out): 4.8 oz.
Sidekick LX: 5.78 oz.

BB Bold: 4.49" x 2.6" x 0.59"
Sidekick LX: 5.12" x 2.36" x 0.63"

In conclusion, yes, the Sk is less pocketable than the largest BB out right now.

function >>>>>>> form

I love my Sk09 but some small things I still have an issue with.

-Bing sucks.
-No tabbed web browsing
-No customizable ringtones
if ur bing isn't working get a new sidekick via customer service, they'll exchange it for free.

tabbed web browsing is a legitimate gripe i also have.

you can record your own ringtones on da sidekick lx 2009

like i said, da sidekick lx 2009 already does what da 9700 is posed to do when it drops...by that time i'll be crushin' iphones and blackberries alikewith da N900
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

I am in the business of National Intelligence and National Defense...I wish I would carry a damn Sidekick.That's like a grown %%% man with a real job driving a Honda Civic with those lawnmower sounding exhausts and those huge %%% ugly rear wings with aflourescent green paintjob and orange stripes.

Like is this even really a debate? A Sidekick versus a Blackberry? When you have the need for the ultimate communication device and still want to lookPROFESSIONAL you effs with a Berry. I remember one time I was at this notoriusly long left hand turn light...within the time I was waiting for the %@@!#* toturn green I sent out an important document...accepted a meeting invite via Exchange, BBM'ed my chick to let her know to defrost the boneless skinlessbreast, and then skimmed an email that was INSTANTLY pushed to my phone. I remember saying to myself, 'aint nothing messing with BB.

Notice the next time you take a flight, and the plane lands...you know the part when you are allowed toturn on yourphones...look and listen closely at all the new email notification sounds you hear and how many people are flipping out their Berries. Also with the Bold, thescreen is so damn clear and bright that I usually have TV series (Weeds, The Unit, etc.) on my MiniSD that I watch when flying. The included headphones arenice as all get up, but with the Beats By Dr. Dre headphones it is CRAZY.

Sidekicks are not bad specwise, actually kinda feature packed, but let's not get stupid here...it's not seeing a BB.

all that red text, and your whole defense was

When you have the need for the ultimate communication device and still want to look PROFESSIONAL you effs with a Berry.
other then that, da sidekick lx 2009 does EVERYTHING you just said your blackberry does...

i can careless how other's perceive me..what i eat don't make you crap and viceversa so "lookin professional" is completelysubjective..doctors didn't sell off their pagers because they

because they were heavily popular with drug dealers.

^yeah but... all thats a wrap now, we're all moving on.

smh, I feel bad for the tiny few that actually did try to conduct business on an sk
I've sold phones to popular djs, rappers, producers that do business via tmail. that has got to suck for them.

^^yes it does, i have my tmail on my business cards, good thing i got my hotmail on there too,
n my tmail was where i would get alot of updates from music sites and what not, oh well...

my problem with the sidekick was the closed operating system. i remember being on a sidekick forum and we weren't even allowed to bring up developer talkor the thread would be locked. people were always asking if they could hack a sidekick or install games outside of the market which you can't. i'llstick with my G1 for now which i can install custom roms and add my own ringtones and get free apps from the market

Originally Posted by ninjahood

all that red text, and your whole defense was

When you have the need for the ultimate communication device and still want to look PROFESSIONAL you effs with a Berry.
other then that, da sidekick lx 2009 does EVERYTHING you just said your blackberry does...

i can careless how other's perceive me..what i eat don't make you crap and viceversa so "lookin professional" is completely subjective..doctors didn't sell off their pagers because they

because they were heavily popular with drug dealers.

I forgot the demographics that represent a majority of NT. Is why this is even a discussion. Oh yeah, as a mention to formfactor...a BB is MUCH better for one handed usage. You can do mostly everything one handed with ease...no flippin screens and the thumboard is flush to thesurface which makes tappin out a short response easier. For a business man on the go that may have like a briefcase or roll on luggage that is indespensible. Oh and looking professional and being professional...those concepts work hand in hand my dude. It is more than just a look, it is a set of commonly practicedactions, behaviors, etc. etc. But like how some jokes are...guess you gotta be there to understand.

Have fun with your Sidekick my dude. Nice phone.

Who cares...I have a both a BB & a SK. I love both dearly. If it wasn't for the Danger outage I wouldn't be looking for another 2nd phone.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

^yeah but... all thats a wrap now, we're all moving on.

smh, I feel bad for the tiny few that actually did try to conduct business on an sk
I've sold phones to popular djs, rappers, producers that do business via tmail. that has got to suck for them.
if anything this outtage is what kills da sidekick, not da performance....thanks to microsoft...
indifferent.gif

[h2]October 2009 Data Loss Episode[/h2]
In early October 2009, a server malfunction or technician error at Danger's datacenters resulted in the loss of all Sidekick-user data. As Sidekicksstore users' data on Danger's servers-as opposed to using local storage-users lost contact directories, calendars, photos, and all other media notlocally backed up. In an October 10 letter to subscribers, Microsoft expressed its doubt that any data would be recovered.[sup][1][/sup]

The customer's data that was lost was being hosted in Microsoft's data centres at the time.[sup][2][/sup] Some media reports have suggested thatMicrosoft hired Hitachi to perform an upgrade to its storage area network (SAN), when something went wrong, resulting in datadestruction.[sup][3][/sup]Microsoft held no working backup of the data.[sup][4][/sup]

bottomline is microsoft bought out danger because it knew windows mobile is TERRIBLE and it needed to:

A. cut da competition ( Rim's black berry was killing da corporate world, apple & google's android was killin da consumer sector)

B. intergrate da no-nonsense userface of da sidekick into its (now apparently failed) successor Pink project.

da sidekick lx 2009 is probably gonna be da last sidekick to ever come out..and its a shame because microsoft put a big bullet into da consumer confidence intoa already "stigmatized"

phone.

soon as da N900 im coppin that....but i'll always be proud of my long tenure under da sidekick umbrella.

Originally Posted by Bowzer Blitz

Who cares...I have a both a BB & a SK. I love both dearly. If it wasn't for the Danger outage I wouldn't be looking for another 2nd phone.
same here, but my bb does not have the data because its too expensive, plus i got the bb as a gift

but instead of having 2 phones, hopefully i get the new bb for tmobile, or ill be spending that extra $$ for cingular

Back
Top Bottom