Taxi 12's - December '13

My B homie I didnt mean to come off a certain i was just saying in general. That ish just pisses me off that people act like that. That and black friday smh..
Oh no you're fine bro, i get what you're saying and i agree wholeheartedly. Makes people who enjoy sneakers look bad as a whole. 
mean.gif

Pulled my OG Taxis out of retirement this morning. Still strong about 16yrs later haha.
I probably shouldn't have worn the 96s right before the 2013s show up -- The OGs have that plush collar/ankle.
It is what it is. Body Ready for a fresh pair to stomp around in.
Still can't believe how difficult the online copp was Saturday.
It's amazing how many more buyers jump online in December when they have xmas money to peel.
:nerd:

i dunno but you better watch out for them north east latinos.

very shady people like the south west asians and mid east blacks

Regardless of how dumb it sounded, it is pretty obvious he means latinos living in the northeast portion of the U.S.

These most definitely aren't real leather. You should see the difference between the 2013 Taxis vs the 2004 12s...

These 2013 Taxis don't seem to have any ankle foam either. They almost feel like a pair of 1s at the ankle.

I'm probably just bitter tho. I love 12s and these are pretty bad quality wise. I haven't hated a pair of 12s this much since those velvet Flu Games.
You're spot on about the ankle padding, noticed that they skimped there too. The refreshingly  redeeming characteristic of the XII's is the tumbled leather quality. As Jordan Brand re-retros these shoes you can see them taking suttle steps back in terms of staying true to the original shoe materials. Don't "jip" the public 

The plastic lace loops instead of steel I can suck up and stomach..... but don't be playing around with the type of leather you use as that's a STRONG characteristic with the look of the shoe overall. The ankle padding is a PERFORMANCE item that provides comfort to the customer, to me that is also an area where you CAN NOT try to cut production costs by cutting back. Jordan Brand thinks they're slick...... but these things didn't get by me and I'm sure many others.

I will say that I'm happy to be able to once again purchase a classic shoe...... but a well paying customer deserves the same build specs staying as close as possible to the original.

Last edited:
Anyone else still waiting for Champs to send shipping info? My order still says it is waiting for approval.

Man I can't wait for a restock on these. I thought I was over it but then I waited for Gamma tickets and saw some people wearing them and these are real dope in person.

Still salty from getting a connection error over and over and over again on saturday

I just checked my tracking info and its coming early Thursday instead of Friday. SMH what I hate about UPS over here is they come so late in the day (6 or 7 at night) and I am stuck sitting home waiting for the packages all day.

Got my tracking. I can officially retire from buying Js. I have the OGs, but they are beat to death and on a shelf in my garage. My father got them for me as a gift when I brought home my first high school report card....Telling that story to my children now gives me the chills.

I have a very very very tiny collection of shoes left. But they all bring back a memory for me.

Back
Top Bottom