TAY Challenege: April Yambition... 30 (yambs) for 30 - maddog, where you at to make the list?

Today: 1-1
Overall: 1-2

Saw this girl I've been eyeing every morning at the train station, decided to introduce myself.

Told her I've been seeing her around, and wanted to say hi. Just a quick convo, talked about where she worked (we get off at the same stop). The train was coming, so I told her to give me her number, got it. Didn't want to keep talking to her though, so I said I gotta take a nap on this train, got home late last night (which I did). That nap got me through the day though.

I'm going to start calling these at-bats instead of shots, because a .250 average is much better than 25% from the field.

Thursday summary: still 0-0 at the plate, no official at-bats.... but today could be called a walk as I was IN some yambs.

Got the fresh cut working in my favor, swagger is on 10, had another recruit pumping my head up earlier.... Friday is gonna be a good day

Not even gonna lie Yambily, In 4 days nothing has been attempted, 1/2 cuz i forgot (
mean.gif
) half cuz when I do remember I **** out. (
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
)

Tomorrow I got a few classes and I'm on my way to a student conference, you already know hotel is gonna be packed with yambs attending said conference.

Any one got tips on how to spit at Filipinas? I'm the lone black guy on my school's FSA.

For reals though, this thread and TAY gives me motivation.  The successes are splendid, but even the failures encourage me.  I think the failures give me insight on what to NOT to do.

Last edited:
What a great day yesterday! I went 2/3 at school.

First at-bat:

After advising, I was walking to my first class and had about 15 minutes to kill before my first class. Since it is finally getting nice, I decided to just sit outside for a little bit before class. As I was people watching and eyeing the women on campus, I see an Asian girl with her white friend sitting on some kind of platform. The Asian girl was smoking a cigarette. Mind you, I don't really like women smoking cigarettes but I smoke cigarettes from time-to-time so I'm not trying to be a hypocrite and she was cute. So, I took a deep breath and thought of happy thoughts and got the balls and got up and approached her.

Her is the conversation between me and her:

Me: Excuse me, what kind of cigarette are you smoking?
Girl: Ummmmmm, a Marlboro No. 27 cigarette.
Me: Oh cool, I've never had that cigarette before. Is it good?
Girl: I like it since I smoke it.
Me: Do you like hookah?
Girl: No, I don't like hookah.

Here is something important. As you can tell, she was giving me one-line crappy answers. This my fellow brethren is when you have to be quick on your toes and think of something witty to say.

Me: Ok, that's not a problem. Maybe we can hang out sometime, smoke some Marlboro 27's and chat a little and smile. :D
Girl: *Laughing* Yeah sure, as long as she comes along with us (she's pointing to her friend who doesn't even care because she was on her phone)
Me: Oh, come on! I'm a normal guy and I'm a student here.
Girl: :tongue: and starts giggling.
Me: What are you majoring in?
Girl: Biology
Me: Damn! Staying true to your Asian roots!
Girl: Yes! :lol:
Me: Not me! I'm a sociology major and mama knows I will never be the typical Asian working in a lab. You're science and I'm social science cutie. :wink:
Me: Listen, I am about to head to class but we should do something sometime.
Girl: Sure
Me: Bagged

By then, my swag was on some stock market steez when it just goes up and up. I saw this dope white chick eating some kind of granola bar and here we go:

Second at-bat:

Me: Excuse me, I am just curious. What is it that you are eating?
Girl: Ummmmmmmmmmm, it's a kind bar.
Me: Oh. Did you get at Whole Foods?
Girl: No, I bought it at the lounge.
Me: Oh ok. Are you a healthy eater?
Girl: I'm just starting to pick it up.

By this time, I could tell that she had her riot gear on and wasn't having it. Plus, we were about to get to our classes.

Me: Well, have a good class.
Girl: Bye

Third at-bat:

This was by far my favorite one. I was in the middle of class and I had to make a call to a doctor's office for my job. I know. Bringing work outside of the office. I hate it too. :smh: Anyways, I went outside to the lounge area and I saw this girl sitting there on her computer. At first, I paid her no mind but I sat next to her, took a look at my notes and then glanced over to see what she was doing. She was doing a paper and texting at the same time and this is when I came up to the batters box. Here we go:

Me: Wow! I see that you are multi-tasking. Damn! You are really good at it.
Girl: :lol: Thanks!
Me: Are you trying to do a paper? I see that you have a few sentences down on word.
Girl: Oh my god! I am trying to do this paper and it's due in a few hours.
Me: At least you have a few sentences down which is better than nothing.
Girl: I know. It's just one page but I don't know what else to write anymore.
Me: Writers block huh? You know, I always found it harder to do one page papers than five page papers. With one pagers, you feel you're not getting enough content in your paper.
Girl: *giggling*
Me: Hold on, we will continue this conversation as soon as I am done making this call. Work related stuff. UGH!
Girl: I understand. :wink:
Me: *Just got off the phone* Yuck! I hate sounding all professional on the phone when I have to call doctor's offices. I feel so weird.
Girl: :lol: I'm just the same thing when I have to talk to the kids parents at work.
Me: What do you major in?
Girl: Early Childhood Education. I work for Jumpstart *she points finger to her shirt* (Massive breasts as well)
Me: Oh, I get it now. So, that's why you have such a snazzy Jumpstart shirt on. And I love kids! :D
Girl: Me too!
Me: Listen, I am actually in class but had to make a call. I'd love to chat with you a little more sometime and you can tell me about the cutest things your kids do at work. :tongue:
Girl: Sure. *She writes her number on my notes*
Me: I'm sorry. I didn't even introduce myself. I'm Kevin. *I extend my hand to shake her hand*
Girl: *Shakes hand* I'm Colleen. It was nice talking to you.
Me: It was nice talking to you too Colleen. Good luck on your paper. You'll do awesome!
Girl: Thanks. Bye!
Proof:
View media item 348989
Guys, everybody has their own way of approaching women and I'm no expert. But, I've been watching some videos lately and what Johnny Berba is saying is true. You need to be in the mood and you need to be happy to do this. Girls can tell if you are happy or not and they don't want to talk to you if you are in a pissy mood. That is such a turn-off to them. Also, make eye contact. Make her know that even though some DB is probably laughing at you. Deep down inside, he is jelly because he got no balls to go up to a girl and talk to her. Let it be known that she is the only one that is important right now and that the only person you see in this great big world is her. Everybody has their good and bad days. Don't force yourself. When you know the time is right, you will know when.

Also, just be yourself and let the pitch come to you. As you can tell, all the three girls I approached were doing something and I took whatever they were doing and turned it into a conversation. It can be the most trivial thing but she is doing something and you go from there. Come on guys, I know we all have some kind of wittiness to our game and we all like to laugh. Girls like that you can keep them on their toes and that you can spark a conversation with a complete stranger. Yes, some will give you the Mutombo finger wag but the majority of women are really cool and don't mind speaking to you. There is a sense of excitement for both parties. You will feel it. I'm telling you.

Here is the video I watched:

Last edited:
:rofl: Creative thread. Just broke up with my gf so I have been signed to the Yambs on a 1-year, incentive-laden contract

Dunno if this counts but went to the strip club last night and bagged a bunch of the waitresses and two strippers. Guess it also helps i know a handful of girls personally there but MAAAAAANNNN and there was this new skrippa up there that was lookin like Drea, lost count but she at least gave me 3-4 dances for the price of one. Just gotta talk to em man and show them that u know what u want and know how to take charge. left there with 5 numbers and now them bad bishes all know my name lol. Feelsgoodman. Fun night cuz i brought 2 first timers, so our table was gettin mad love

[COLOR=#red]I'll probably get stonefaced for what I'm about to say, but f*** it, it's the truth and maybe somebody will take heed. I speak from experience after being on both sides of the fence...

If mofos put as much time, energy, and thought, into bettering themselves (educationally, financially, mentally) as they do chasing broads imagine where you could be in life...which incidentally attracts more women.

An old saying says it best... "You lose money chasing women, never lose women chasing money"

I'm saying, I used to be that dude...done f***ed broads all over the U.S. and overseas, done smashed most of the ethnicities/nationalities, yet I still never received my Golden D**k Award in the mail...that's because there is no such thing. Once a brother started concentrating on the important stuff, huge opportunities started popping off like no other. In the end that's what matters.

I'll catch flak for these statements, but whatever it is what it is...wish somebody would have schooled me on this earlier.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]I'll probably get stonefaced for what I'm about to say, but f*** it, it's the truth and maybe somebody will take heed. I speak from experience after being on both sides of the fence...

If mofos put as much time, energy, and thought, into bettering themselves (educationally, financially, mentally) as they do chasing broads imagine where you could be in life...which incidentally attracts more women.

An old saying says it best... "You lose money chasing women, never lose women chasing money"[/COLOR]
very very true...

But I think confidence is directly correlated with success...

I know that money, hard work, and ambition brings yambs...

But you GOTTA have some sense of game brah.... you know money is cool... and game is cool...

However ... money + game = wrecking the scene...

Also, you have to admit that success with women rolls over into other endeavours and vice versa... but you have to KNOW how to do it...

Last edited:

An old saying says it best... "You lose money chasing women, never lose women chasing money"

I'm saying, I used to be that dude...done f***ed broads all over the U.S. and overseas, done smashed most of the ethnicities/nationalities, yet I still never received my Golden D**k Award in the mail...that's because there is no such thing. Once a brother started concentrating on the important stuff, huge opportunities started popping off like no other. In the end that's what matters.

I'll catch flak for these statements, but whatever it is what it is...wish somebody would have schooled me on this earlier.[/COLOR]

I'll have to co-sign this. My roommate has done his dirt, 100+ bodies on him, but he says he'd rather not do it at all. Focus on success and happiness. But I won't derail this thread, go for it as long as you're not neglecting other things in life.

I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I don't put an allotted amount of time into pursuing women.  I'm a 20 year old college student, so the opportunities are always there.  If I see a girl that I'm attracted to and I can afford to spend a few minutes talking to her, I'll more than likely do it. 

My priorities are in line and I've never been one to make approaching women a focal point in my life.  As with everything, balance is necessary.

Last edited:

I think this makes sense, but we're not (at least I know I'm not) going out of our way to do this. Just living or daily lives, but making more of the opportunities.

I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I don't put an allotted amount of time into pursuing women.  I'm a 20 year old college student, so the opportunities are always there.  If I see a girl that I'm attracted to and I can afford to spend a few minutes talking to her, I'll more than likely do it. 

My priorities are in line and I've never been one to make approaching women a focal point in my life.  As with everything, balance is necessary.

WAY, way easier in college, you don't even have to try. Once you start working in the real world, lot less opportunities.

4/4 last night, not including the random chick from my house that domed me up :evil:

Felt good because I just got a major haircut and didn't know how I felt about it...

Favorite pick-up of the night:
(Sexyyy blonde chick is walking from dance floor to bar)

Me: (wrap arms around her) Heyyy, you remember me right?
Her: Ummm not really, do you even know my name?
Me: Of Course! You're Brittney! (literally first name that popped in my head/common blonde name)
Her: *Smiles* Wow, you do know me! Where did we meet tho?
Me: Uhhh, that house party the other night??!!
Her: No, I don't really go to house parties
Me: Oh, it must have been one of the bars then.

chat for another minute or two and got the digits :smokin

[COLOR=#red]Ricky and fellow NT'ers, ok maybe I was a little too preachy in my post...there's ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with having fun and partaking in activities with them ladies...I guess I should have said just make sure you keep things in perspective and don't let the chasing pull you too far away from what's going to take you far in life. My bad my dudes.[/COLOR]

An old saying says it best... "You lose money chasing women, never lose women chasing money"[/COLOR]
very very true...

But I think confidence is directly correlated with success...

I know that money, hard work, and ambition brings yambs...

But you GOTTA have some sense of game brah.... you know money is cool... and game is cool...

However ... money + game = wrecking the scene...

Also, you have to admit that success with women rolls over into other endeavours and vice versa... but you have to KNOW how to do it...

Both of yall speak the truth though. It's nice to say I have a full time job, nice car, nice clothes, i'm spiritual/go to church etc but women are a part of life as well. Sure we may have a thread here about how we plan to get a girls number or 2 per week but that doesnt mean we're slacking on other areas of our lives

You would think that type of simple advice is obvious, but there's such a large number of dudes who don't take heed to it.

Both of yall speak the truth though. It's nice to say I have a full time job, nice car, nice clothes, i'm spiritual/go to church etc but women are a part of life as well. Sure we may have a thread here about how we plan to get a girls number or 2 per week but that doesnt mean we're slacking on other areas of our lives
Yea exactly. I feel like im doing pretty well for myself, and yes, the yambs have def been easier than any other point in life... but nothing wrong with working that social muscle... hence this thread

4/4 last night, not including the random chick from my house that domed me up :evil:

Felt good because I just got a major haircut and didn't know how I felt about it...

Favorite pick-up of the night:
(Sexyyy blonde chick is walking from dance floor to bar)

Me: (wrap arms around her) Heyyy, you remember me right?
Her: Ummm not really, do you even know my name?
Me: Of Course! You're Brittney! (literally first name that popped in my head/common blonde name)
Her: *Smiles* Wow, you do know me! Where did we meet tho?
Me: Uhhh, that house party the other night??!!
Her: No, I don't really go to house parties
Me: Oh, it must have been one of the bars then.

chat for another minute or two and got the digits :smokin

that luck on the name :rofl:

[COLOR=#red]No doubt my dude...You speaketh truth...But don't get it twisted though, you always have to monitor your self and stay on top of your game.

Case in point, one of my dudes was VERY succesful in the early stages...Dude had a double major in Business and Marketing from a pretty reputable university. He got a really nice job out of school, then he transferred to ATL which is still IMO the Chick Capitol of the Nation. Ultimately he engaged into too much smashing and dating and he started slipping at work, which lead to him getting fired and he started a downward slide and to this day he still hasn't recovered. Mind you this was a dude me and the crew used to look up to because he had his life in order.

My homies, smash on, just keep your head and remember what's really important...don't think you can't "get got".[/COLOR]

Last edited:
1-1

Last night i went to this hip hop battle and then to the club.

#1 Was at the hip hop freestyle battle 

me: put your number in my phone

her: is that really your line

me: yes i like to get to the point

her: hmmmmm 
laugh.gif

me: U came out here for the hip hop battle

her: na i came her after leaving the bar.

me: should have came earlier my boy just got done performing(was going to post vid but not up yet)

ya ya ya ya

long story short i didnt get the number her friend was hating and came got her

#2 was in the club start talking to this chick i seen before talk with her at the club and got her number. Was trying to smash last night but she was on that i cant f another dude my friend has already smash. 

Back
Top Bottom