TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

I didn't make a single ID this year, and the IDs I'm planning to make are AM1s, actually. A big part of that is the price point.
See, I really don't mind the high price point as long as the quality is on point. IS $190 high? Yes, but if I'm only making 3-4 in a year it isnt too big of a deal. Air max 1s are only $135 but I cant mess with that horrible felt material they seem to call suede. If they put good quality on the air maxes id be making a bunch. 

See, I really don't mind the high price point as long as the quality is on point. IS $190 high? Yes, but if I'm only making 3-4 in a year it isnt too big of a deal. Air max 1s are only $135 but I cant mess with that horrible felt material they seem to call suede. If they put good quality on the air maxes id be making a bunch. 

To me, the issue isn't the price itself so much as the mark-up relative to the standard GR. The price above standard pricing for AF1s is way higher than the relative price increase of any other model.

I hear you on the suede. I'm planning on using denim on a batch of AM1 IDs. Is the denim terrible too?

The denim itself is similar to what they used on the Pattas as far as I understand, but the problem with the AM1 - especially with the denim - is going to be the shape. It will look like a pair of duck beaks. Or, what some of us AM fans call "cliff toe". Toe box levels off and then makes a sharp drop at a 90 degree angle at the front of the shoe like a cliff. Like this:

http://vagrantsneaker.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/nike-air-max-1-id-fall-2011-1.jpg

If that and the shape of the mudguard don't bother you, you'll probably be happy with them. To me, they are an abomination.

Sorry to get off topic... Had a cheap pickup come in the other day. Waiting on one more before I post. Apparently, on ISS it's cool to sell a pair of shoes, wait a week until the paypal money gets into your bank account, and then try to get around to shipping the shoes the next weekend. SMH.

Gotcha, Good info, man.

It's a shame because the price point on the AM1 and the options combine to make it the most attractive model to ID. We'll see... I'll probably cave one night when I'm on the computer after having one too many.

Inis and Gunn variety pack for football today, BTW.

#beerforce1

^damn @ those am1s...they look horrible! sad that nike actually lets them go out lookin like that

and about iss...that marketplace system is so assbackwards it aint even funny

Aight. Good you guys talked me into saving some money... but, not really, because now I have to buy green and purple pattas instead of ID-ing replicas.

Still might do one another colorway anyway, for the hell of it.

The denim itself is similar to what they used on the Pattas as far as I understand, but the problem with the AM1 - especially with the denim - is going to be the shape. It will look like a pair of duck beaks. Or, what some of us AM fans call "cliff toe". Toe box levels off and then makes a sharp drop at a 90 degree angle at the front of the shoe like a cliff. Like this:
http://vagrantsneaker.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/nike-air-max-1-id-fall-2011-1.jpg
If that and the shape of the mudguard don't bother you, you'll probably be happy with them. To me, they are an abomination.
Sorry to get off topic... Had a cheap pickup come in the other day. Waiting on one more before I post. Apparently, on ISS it's cool to sell a pair of shoes, wait a week until the paypal money gets into your bank account, and then try to get around to shipping the shoes the next weekend. SMH.
ehhhhh.... Its similar to the Pattas, but its not the same. I have the chlorophylls and an AM1 iD that uses denim and the iD is a slightly thinner and softer material than the Pattas, but theyre close. As for the shape, ive gotten used to it. Its the same thing with air forces- Of course id prefer the older shapes but that isn't a deal breaker for me (thats why im not really too big into the vintage stuff- a lot of limited/hyperstrike newer forces/air maxes have just as good of quality as the pre-2002 stuff (only difference is the shape). To each their own I guess. But to answer your question bipster.. no the denim is not terrible. (Sidenote- if you use denim on the toebox it will crease super easily. I made that mistake) 

does anyone have a photo of what an am1 id looks like after it's been worn a good amount of times? i've found that am1's can lose their cliff toe as they get broken in...

well this thread sure seems to have gone off topic. i blame the duckboot.

Thanks once again for the info, y'all. Even if we sort of sidetracked, it's all still valuable info, so that's cool.

Shawn - I freakin love that pair. Have come across a few pairs in my day, but they were all in pretty worn condition. Like I said a while back, I love pretty much all the first round of mids that say "AF-1 Mid" on the strap.

Here's another one. Shawn is this your pic too, untagged?

I had these in high school as well.

Last edited:
mannnn do you guys think any shops out there still have these

i'm still kicking myself for not grabbing them when i could..

Back
Top Bottom