TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

BIP the same thing you speak about is the reason I drifted away from AF1S. To search daily for years only to miss a pair in a 72 hour radius that you'll never see again - killed it for me.

Only to offer the guy $1000 (4x what he paid) and be told no. Yes i'm talking about those lemon twist navys - will never get over that

I'd rather be able to get the pairs I love and want badly with just a little bit more money

BIP the same thing you speak about is the reason I drifted away from AF1S. To search daily for years only to miss a pair in a 72 hour radius that you'll never see again - killed it for me.

Only to offer the guy $1000 (4x what he paid) and be told no. Yes i'm talking about those lemon twist navys - will never get over that

I'd rather be able to get the pairs I love and want badly with just a little bit more money

I hear you. And, I feel your pain.

But, at the same time, if you flip the script, there's something redeeming about that experience too, right? I mean, in a hobby that has become overrun with money over love, the person who got those gems loves them so much that you can't buy them with your money. That represents a level of purity that is absent in most every other corner of the sneaker scene. So, while I'd be mad as hell if I was in your shoes, you also have to kind of respect that dude. And, that's what kills my passion for stuff in general - not being able to respect the fellow participants in the hobby. That's not a problem with AF1s, due to the caliber of people in this thread and who pursue the history of this shoe.

I'd rather not be able to get that pair because the person who owns them won't part with them for any price, then not be able to buy the few new releases I'd like to have because you have a bunch of kids paying $150 on top of the shoe simply for access to a script that will guarantee they get added to their carts.

...You were able to track down the dude who bought them?

Last edited:
i think the guy didn't sell em more to spite mike lol than because he loves the shoe.
jk you right man. even stuff that i've held onto with an iron grip have been sold recently to do stuff for my family rather than take money out of savings. i hate being responsible. sold some toys for decent cash and even sold my htm flyknits for over a grand. the sneaker collecting hobby is still huge i see.

i think the guy didn't sell em more to spite mike lol than because he loves the shoe.
jk you right man. even stuff that i've held onto with an iron grip have been sold recently to do stuff for my family rather than take money out of savings. i hate being responsible. sold some toys for decent cash and even sold my htm flyknits for over a grand. the sneaker collecting hobby is still huge i see.

Whats the best way to sell shoes nowadays?
IG like corgi?
Big Cartel?
Here in the Buy Sell ? (which i'm not so sure I can use since my profile says I have like 7 posts)
Any suggestions?

lol @ shameless plugs.

imo choosing a venue to sell your shoes depends on what shoe you're selling and what level of risk and BS you're willing to put up with. IG and the myriad of fb groups are good. for runners, i think that ebay gives you the best chance to make money. for vintage air force 1s, that's a tough one and the dude saying shameless plug has the right idea. there are so few of us af1 collectors in comparison to other popular shoes. depending on who you connect with and their financial state at the time, a shoe could sell for $500 one day and then not garner any attention at $200 the next week.

lol @ shameless plugs.

imo choosing a venue to sell your shoes depends on what shoe you're selling and what level of risk and BS you're willing to put up with. IG and the myriad of fb groups are good. for runners, i think that ebay gives you the best chance to make money. for vintage air force 1s, that's a tough one and the dude saying shameless plug has the right idea. there are so few of us af1 collectors in comparison to other popular shoes. depending on who you connect with and their financial state at the time, a shoe could sell for $500 one day and then not garner any attention at $200 the next week.

I agree completely.

I think the things to consider are -

- exposure
- can you set your own price?
- tolerance for dealing with deadbeats and inane inquiries
- patience
- fees

For AF1s, I think the best first route to contact known collectors directly. Dudes with a proven appreciation of the product and a history of being trustworthy buyers.

Ebay is the risk reward, if you auction them. It gets a lot of exposure, but the market is small enough that it's not guaranteed. So, there can be wide variations in the price you get. I'd also not flood the market with all your stuff at once. We're dealing with a relatively small market in the first place, so if you try to sell all at once your best potential customers might have to spread themselves thin. You need bidding wars to make money on ebay.

Doesn't hurt to post them on IG. If you do, hit me up. A lot of AF1 dudes follow me (@digglahhh); I'd be happy to repost and tell at least my followers to check out what you have for sale.

I sold a pair of purple canvas highs on ebay not too long ago because one of the shoes was faded. So, it was new, but damaged. I was pleasantly surprised at how much interest they got and the final price. But, that's not to say that if I did it again, it would be the same. When I try to move AF1s, I usually try to identify potential buyers within the community and reach out directly.

If you set up a big cartel site, that gives you a lot of freedom, but it's still on you to get that link out to people.

Last edited:
the other thing to consider with ebay and paypal in general is the potential for chargebacks. had someone file a chargeback on me for a 1k item. praise wu tang that it went in my favor. i know the amfam have been dealing with the same.

I agree completely.

I think the things to consider are -

- exposure
- can you set your own price?
- tolerance for dealing with deadbeats and inane inquiries
- patience
- fees

For AF1s, I think the best first route to contact known collectors directly. Dudes with a proven appreciation of the product and a history of being trustworthy buyers.

Ebay is the risk reward, if you auction them. It gets a lot of exposure, but the market is small enough that it's not guaranteed. So, there can be wide variations in the price you get. I'd also not flood the market with all your stuff at once. We're dealing with a relatively small market in the first place, so if you try to sell all at once your best potential customers might have to spread themselves thin. You need bidding wars to make money on ebay.

Doesn't hurt to post them on IG. If you do, hit me up. A lot of AF1 dudes follow me (@digglahhh); I'd be happy to repost and tell at least my followers to check out what you have for sale.

I sold a pair of purple canvas highs on ebay not too long ago because one of the shoes was faded. So, it was new, but damaged. I was pleasantly surprised at how much interest they got and the final price. But, that's not to say that if I did it again, it would be the same. When I try to move AF1s, I usually try to identify potential buyers within the community and reach out directly.

If you set up a big cartel site, that gives you a lot of freedom, but it's still on you to get that link out to people.

Thanks for the advice guys. I think the first thing I need to do is take pics of everything. It jut feels like an overwhelming task.
Everything is stored away, I have never taken pictures of everything before and then....where is the time?
IG seems like a fun and social way. I appreciate the offer of the reposts BIP. I will take you up on that.
Ebay is really the only way I have ever sold anything stuntmanmike. I have always been honest so I hope karma is with me if I do sell there.
Any other advice would be appreciated.
I even thought about consignment.....flightclub....Mr.throwback in nyc... those type of deals.

Trap n Chop I see you and I see your link....probably the best way if I was really active on here.

Whatsup fam, long time

Im sure most have seen the new AF1 iD options "gumbo"

Well I am looking to order two pair of lows, but these pairs will use every material and color possible, I am trying to find someone who wears a 10 or 10.5 that like these iD options BUT also likes the idea of every material and wild colors. Im looking to swap left or right shoes on at least one pair I make or both would be even better

Basically to make a "what the" air force 1 in a nutshell.

Yes its a long shot and most don't like the wild colors. But I haven't bought an iD yet and I think this idea would be sick

If anyone is thinking of making a pair or two in this size and is even remotely interested, PM me please

thanks

Whatsup fam, long time

Im sure most have seen the new AF1 iD options "gumbo"
Well I am looking to order two pair of lows, but these pairs will use every material and color possible, I am trying to find someone who wears a 10 or 10.5 that like these iD options BUT also likes the idea of every material and wild colors. Im looking to swap left or right shoes on at least one pair I make or both would be even better

Basically to make a "what the" air force 1 in a nutshell.
Yes its a long shot and most don't like the wild colors. But I haven't bought an iD yet and I think this idea would be sick

If anyone is thinking of making a pair or two in this size and is even remotely interested, PM me please

thanks

Interesting idea.

I only took a cursory look at the new options. It seemed a bit overwhelming to me. My first blush reaction was that there was more quantity than quality with the options. But, I'll have to take a deeper look and decide if I want to do something.

On a side note for IDs, I'd really like to see a color palette that included a powder (could even deal with caro or columbia) and maroon/burgundy at the same time. Sacrilege of my Mets fan self aside, one of the color combos I've always wanted was essentially that of the powder/burgundy Phillies jerseys of the 70s/80s,

Last edited:
selling kicks is one big headache,i have been scammed before(reason why i only do meet ups now)

but that creates a new set of problems i cant tell you how many times i have waited in a empty mall parking lot just to get flaked on.its a waste of time and gas.

nowadays i just donate everything regardless of condition i have even donated ds kicks.

i have a problem with charities it is impossible to find one without a leaky bucket.i dont like knowing if i donate 1$ ...75 cent is being put in pockets.

so in a way it kinda works out i get to help others out. and downsize the collection if it gets too big.

Donating things leads to another issue, I worked at an Op-Shop(charity thrift store) for a while and probably 70-80% of the stuff we had come through was either thrown out or sent to be chopped up and turned into rags. Even lots of really good condition gear because there was just too much stuff donated(and this was in a small country town)

As for selling I can't really add any valuable insight, I've only ever done 99c no reserve ebay listings or sold within friends.

^ wow i never knew that,just when i thought i was doing something good,you crush me like that lol nah jk its good to get info on stuff like this.

do you know why certain pairs get trashed and others dont?

the internet is really the biggest problem of all.buying stuff online dosnet allow you to try anything on and you have to make guesses on sizing.most of the stuff i have donated was too big or too small by mistake.

It's really at the discretion of the person sorting stuff really as well as what is in stock. i.e. if there's too many jackets, boots, sneakers then they're a lot pickier with what is kept. I grabbed some clean used St Pattys day Court Force for the missus and a pair of WMNS Cross Trainer III's with cracked midsoles that would have otherwise just been thrown out.

Black/natural.

Sorry for all the grave digging; I don't get on here much anymore. Catching up a bit.
There's 2 DS pairs of these on ebay at the moment in a size 5. Actually there's huge amounts of size 5 heat at the moment, I wish I had tiny feet!

^ wow i never knew that,just when i thought i was doing something good,you crush me like that lol nah jk its good to get info on stuff like this.

do you know why certain pairs get trashed and others dont?

the internet is really the biggest problem of all.buying stuff online dosnet allow you to try anything on and you have to make guesses on sizing.most of the stuff i have donated was too big or too small by mistake.

It's really at the discretion of the person sorting stuff really as well as what is in stock. i.e. if there's too many jackets, boots, sneakers then they're a lot pickier with what is kept. I grabbed some clean used St Pattys day Court Force for the missus and a pair of WMNS Cross Trainer III's with cracked midsoles that would have otherwise just been thrown out.

And, for the bigger picture -

Amazon product ASIN 0471648493

i work in a drug rehab and i'll clean out my closets every so often and bring stuff down for the clients. one of the owners of kicks hawaii also brings his old stuff to donate. you can see an old bum wearing a supreme shirt or some old lady wearing some OTO air max 360s. i know there's some crazy lady that wears a pair of my old salazars and she keeps cigarette butts in the tongue stash pocket :lol:

V-Day choices....

BIP - you metnioned that old Phillys colorway.. so i threw out that lebron PE in the same colorway. didnt post the picture for the sake of not reposting it again lol

makes me wonder how that 2002 obsidian/carolina pair would look with blue suede/nubuck .. :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom