TEAM MALIYAH--HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY MALI (on 4/13/13)

Nycposite, thanks bro. Just from our PM's I can tell you're a great dude, God Bless!

Last edited:
From Mali's moms facebook

Every child whom receives a Transplant on the Cancer floor gets a gift and a poster for all nurses, family, friends, staff, docs ect ect to sign and show there support!! Thank you to CHOP!! This place is amazing!! :smile:

Transplant Done! Now We wait for the next few weeks so that everything can start to work again. She slept thru the whole procedure. SO WHAT'S NEXT?: This is where things get intense.She will get sick before she gets better. Its just part of how things work. As I have always said, I'ma always be here no matter what! She's got a great mom by her side! [emoji]9829[/emoji] She will be fine! 

SN: She starts her IV Nutrition today and probably will be exhausted and resting a lot. Thats ok she needs to for healing! Gives me time to do school work and get some fresh air! ALL OF YOUR PRAYERS AND BLESSINGS ARE TRULY WORKING! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! IT BRINGS TEARS TO MY EYES TO KNOW THAT PEOPLE REALLY DO CARE!! GOD BLESS YOUR HEARTS! [emoji]9829[/emoji] :smile:

FACEBOOK STATUS UPDATE ^^^

I think its pretty interesting, because, aside from the controversy surrounding it, I dont know much about stem cells. I guess in Mali's case it allowed them to do a completely noninvasive bone marrow transplant. So as stated before, the transplant was successful, but the next few weeks will be the hardest on her

UPDATE ON MALI: 10/27/12 So Its starting to become very rough for her. She is not eating nor drinking because of the mucositis (ulcers in mouth) so she is on IV nutrition for a while. She hasn't gotten any fevers yet but she is getting close to one... It is expected for her to get some bc her counts are at zero. Little vomiting here and there and im sure because she gets nauseous.There are times during the day where she is playful and happy but overall she feel pretty crappy. Shes asleep now and seems comfortable. They haven't started her on any pain meds yet but its available whenever she needs it so thats always good. 

#Hang in there munch. I know its tough and your body is so small to endure everything going on, but your a strong lil lady and a fighter for sure! You will get better! Mommy loves you sweets! Rest up; God's healing you! [emoji]9829[/emoji]

UPDATE FOR TODAY: 10/30/12 

POOR MALI HAS BEEN SLEEPING ALL DAY. THEY HAVE HER ON MORPHINE FOR THE PAIN. SHE HAS IV FOOD. DOCS SAY SHE WILL GET PRETTY BAD THIS WEEK AND THE WEEKEND. PROJECTING HER COUNTS AND BODY STARTS TO FEEL BETTER NEXT WEEK. GATA GIVE THE MARROW TIME TO WORK AND START TO MAKE NEW CELLS. SHE IS DROOLING BECAUSE SHE HAS SUCH BAD ULCERS IN HER MOUTH AND THROAT THAT SHE CANT SWALLOW. ITS LIKE HAVING REALLY BAD STREP THROAT BUT WORSE.! I FEEL SO BAD. SHE ISNT TALKING... BUT SMILES FROM TIME TO TIME. SHE IS JUST PRETTY MISERABLE! I HATE SEEING HER THIS WAY. BREAKS MY HEART!! SHE WILL PROBABLY GET A PLATELET TRANSFUSION (AIDES IN CLOTTING AND IS HER 20TH ONE SINCE BEING DIAGNOSED IN MAY) AND A BLOOD TRANSFUSION( HER 26TH ONE SINCE BEING DIAGNOSED) TOMORROW....EVERYONES PRAYERS AND DONATIONS ARE REALLY HELPING US IN THIS TIME OF NEED! AND I THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH! ONE DAY MALI WILL BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK ON THIS THREAD AND SAY "WOW THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO REALLY CARE"!! 

I TRIED MAKING THIS MY PROFILE PIC ON HERE. BUT SOMETHING HAPPENED! IDK, WILL TRY AGAIN... BUT THIS IS ME AND MY SWEET LIL ANGEL! SHE SMILES THRU ALL OF THIS!! I JUST LOVE HER!! 

Praying that she's feeling better since the last update.

Thanks bro. The way she is feeling now was expected by the doctors apparently, and is a normal part of the recovery from her bone marrow transplant. That being said, she isnt out of the woods yet. Its so crazy, as much pain as she has been in, and as sad as her circumstances, she is still a normal 2 year old with a big smile on her face

Havent seen this till now, losing a Uncle to cancer i know the feeling. Being with him night and day for 2 years till he passed was hard. I am tearing up through the whole read and will be MORE than happy to donate, send gifts and ANYTHING else i can do to help. I will be posting this story on my fb and spread the word, link them to your page and paypal. Polamalu is a stand up guy for that visit and my respect for NT as a whole has skyrocketed. Im usually skeptical about these things due to scams, but the proof is in the pudding throughout this thread. Stay Strong, Pray Strong. With the Rain comes the Sun ALWAYS, I can promise I'm living proof of that statement. Hopefully by Mon-Tues I will make a hefty donation, and send a gift or two.

Havent seen this till now, losing a Uncle to cancer i know the feeling. Being with him night and day for 2 years till he passed was hard. I am tearing up through the whole read and will be MORE than happy to donate, send gifts and ANYTHING else i can do to help. I will be posting this story on my fb and spread the word, link them to your page and paypal. Polamalu is a stand up guy for that visit and my respect for NT as a whole has skyrocketed. Im usually skeptical about these things due to scams, but the proof is in the pudding throughout this thread. Stay Strong, Pray Strong. With the Rain comes the Sun ALWAYS, I can promise I'm living proof of that statement. Hopefully by Mon-Tues I will make a hefty donation, and send a gift or two.

Sheesh bro, I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle, but I'm glad this could touch you. I also lost my mother to ovarian cancer in 2008, but unfortunately I was too busy trying to be in the streets and chase after girls to be where I should have been...by her side. I honestly didnt expect it, but so many NT'er have come through for Maliyah. Its amazing how many people she has touched across this country. She might be too young to understand, but maybe its better that way.

Unfortunately Mali's story isnt uncommon, and childhood cancer is a reality for so many children in this country and on this planet. Thanks again brother, and God bless

Last edited:
Everything happens for a reason fam, you may have not been by your Mom's side but God has put you next to that bundle of joy.

Losing him in '07 put a whole new perspective on things. Growing up without a father, he was starting to fill that role. Just really being in my life heavy for 5 years and having cancer for 1 year was hard. But knowing he was diagnosed with 3 types of cancer and still smoking cigarettes after knowing kind of set me up mentally for the long run.

Through it all be strong fam, I cant even imagine what Maliyah is going through but seeing that bright/joyful smile after all she is going through makes me stronger.

Back
Top Bottom