Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yo, I'm very close to going to Germany and punching Muhammed Sucimez in his face.
This $*!+ is taking longer than Detox
mad.gif

But it's awesome to hear Ne Obliviscaris is finally mixing their new album so it'll be dropping soon 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^LOL.

Long drive to Tennessee and back today. Thank god for ipods.

Todays epic drive:

Parkway Drive
Opeth
Kingdom Of Giants
Terror
Asking Alexandria
Minor Threat
DIO (rip)
Iron Maiden
Led Zeppelin
Destroy Them All
Saosin
Chelsea Grin

Damn that was a long drive.

I was watching Metal: A Headbangers Journey the other day and Zeppelin came out in a scene and my pops looks over and says "Hey, I've seen those guys before!" at first I was like 
grin.gif
 and told him "Yeah, it's Led Zeppelin, they're a famous rock band" and he looks at me and says "Yeah, I know but I've seen those guys perform before", as soon as he said that I just looked at him like 
eek.gif
 and he went on to tell me back in the day his friend worked at a bar where bands played all the time and he used to get free tickets, he said he's seen KISS in their prime, Led Zeppelin, and the Rolling Stones.
At that moment I realized, even though my dad didn't know who they were at the time, he has a concert list that I will never touch.

This ride to tennessee is killing my back. Im glad its only a month of training.

Today:

Behemoth
Bathory
I See Stars
Close To Home
A Day To Remember

^that's great man, for a while I was sort of shocked you just found out about your pops cuz my dad is crazy into telling me his band history and raised me to know all those bands. My dad has kept every single concert ticket and has a fat stack of them

if I can remember it was Dio a few times, J Priest(4 or5), Maiden (4), Ozzfest (3), Zepplin, kiss, stones, santana, Deep Purple (his fav) numorous times, The who, Pink Floyd you name it he's been to it more than once.

Dad never misses a concert since he never had a chance as a kid and has a memorabilia in the garage thats crazy filled, thinking about getting pics of it too.

Originally Posted by M4rioL

^that's great man, for a while I was sort of shocked you just found out about your pops cuz my dad is crazy into telling me his band history and raised me to know all those bands. My dad has kept every single concert ticket and has a fat stack of them

if I can remember it was Dio a few times, J Priest(4 or5), Maiden (4), Ozzfest (3), Zepplin, kiss, stones, santana, Deep Purple (his fav) numorous times, The who, Pink Floyd you name it he's been to it more than once.

Dad never misses a concert since he never had a chance as a kid and has a memorabilia in the garage thats crazy filled, thinking about getting pics of it too.
I was really surprised because my dad is straight MEXICAN, when he saw them he didn't speak a lick of English and he had just got across the border about 2 or 3 years prior to that.
I wish my dad was a metalhead though, his favorite band is The Eagles.

My homeboy Leo's dad is a straight metalhead, everytime I used to go kick it at his house he was always watching a concert dvd and dude had a MEAN %@$ cd collection.

Mario def take pics of your pops stuff. I love stuff like that. Especially all the tickets and stuff. Its like going through history.

This morning:

Mastodon
Eagles of Death Metal
Steve Miller Band

Ill try to get it done ASAP, but yeah my family is straight Mexican too but he knew about those bands before he crossed over illegally. I don't know if you knew about this and you should talk to your dad to confirm but my parents said in the 50's all the way up to the late 80's early 90's, Mexico would not let any Hard rock or even slightly tame bands play or tour Mexico, or even show videos of them because the government thought that it would cause a bad influence on the people especially the kids. My mom said for the most part it obviously worked since once they come over here they stick to their music. My dad said it was hard to get tapes of bands for 1 he was poor and 2 it was hard to get, the closest he got to seeing a concert was reading magazines reviewing what Led Zepplin's setlist was and describing the venue they played at X location. Dad was mad/sad thinking he'll never see them while JPriest goes to Japan and Korea and can't even take the trip down south.

side note me and my lil bro have started our own concert ticket collection

Most concert tickets these days are cookie cutter and look the same. Unless you pay mad money for a show. Hell,, even the last Maiden ticket I had was just a stub.

While on vacation, played everything for long trips:

Mastodon
Megadeth
Iron Maiden
Coheed & Cambria
Mudvayne
Arch Enemy
Death
Testament
Queen
H.I.M.
Tristania
Nightwish
Five Finger Death Punch
more..

That's the metal/rock part at least..

Anyone as excited as I am about the new The Black Dahlia Murder album??

Another new song from Ritual was posted called "Conspiring with the damned" TBDM

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

While on vacation, played everything for long trips:

Mastodon
Megadeth
Iron Maiden
Coheed & Cambria
Mudvayne
Arch Enemy
Death
Testament
Queen
H.I.M.
Tristania
Nightwish
Five Finger Death Punch
more..

That's the metal/rock part at least..
Where did you go on vacation?

Originally Posted by bonde111

Anyone as excited as I am about the new The Black Dahlia Murder album??

Another new song from Ritual was posted called "Conspiring with the damned" TBDM

im into it. Deflorate was
eek.gif

definitely loved all the Black Dahlia albums, everything I look forward to in a band

NFG was soooo good yesterday. weather/rapture kind of cut their set a little short though.

anyone checking this tour out?

All-Star-Tour-2011.jpg

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Originally Posted by Av1r3x
Where did you go on vacation?
South to visit family & take care of stuff..I haven't been down there for a few years & it was good seeing everyone.

I missed the East dearly though..

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

NFG was soooo good yesterday. weather/rapture kind of cut their set a little short though.

anyone checking this tour out?

All-Star-Tour-2011.jpg
pimp.gif
embarassed.gif
eek.gif

I know most in here doest rock with this like I do. But Im super stoked for this. I dont care how far I have to drive. 9 or 10 bands I really want to see.

Have any of you guys given the new Arch Enemy album a listen?  I know they had the insanity to spell chaos as Khaos, but it's Arch Enemy and the single sounds good.

arch-enemy-khaos-legions-artwork.jpg

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom