Team USA Shin/Calf Skins worn by Durant & Gay

i'd wear one for my knee maybe but not my shin.

i'd rather invest in compression shorts with padding. charlie horses are not fun.

i'd wear one for my knee maybe but not my shin.

i'd rather invest in compression shorts with padding. charlie horses are not fun.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

ok ill wear an arm sleeve next time im at the gym because my shooting hand might be a little cold...

man if i had a rolling stone face.. 
but do you homie, im not one that wears a shooting sleeve, but do you..

and damn guys really wouldn't pick up people because they wear this? i thought this was 2010 not 1995. wear back in the days SCRUBS use to wear knee pads, but times change, people get hurt and everyone wants to stay away from

injury..

but i really can't believe this thread turned into an argument.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

ok ill wear an arm sleeve next time im at the gym because my shooting hand might be a little cold...

man if i had a rolling stone face.. 
but do you homie, im not one that wears a shooting sleeve, but do you..

and damn guys really wouldn't pick up people because they wear this? i thought this was 2010 not 1995. wear back in the days SCRUBS use to wear knee pads, but times change, people get hurt and everyone wants to stay away from

injury..

but i really can't believe this thread turned into an argument.

exactly, some people can be using this item for intramural games, city league, or AAU games where they play serious ball. Even if it was for pick up ball, there are still people that take that seriously and play hard. Just because you dont take pick up ball seriously doesnt mean the next man shouldnt. You have no idea what the person could be training for, or maybe he has a real passion/love the game.

exactly, some people can be using this item for intramural games, city league, or AAU games where they play serious ball. Even if it was for pick up ball, there are still people that take that seriously and play hard. Just because you dont take pick up ball seriously doesnt mean the next man shouldnt. You have no idea what the person could be training for, or maybe he has a real passion/love the game.

i dont have an issue with it. I don't personally wear any of it because I get too hot. Once in awhile, i'll do the 90's throwback and go with the tee shirt. Thats as much extra as I can wear.

I also coach at the high school level and those kids are always trying new stuff. The way I look at it, if the trainers says they need-they wear it. If it gives them some kind of comfort or psychological advantage-they can wear it.

I would never not run with someone because they wore it-who knows if its medical or not. I would also avoid picking your team based on looks.

i dont have an issue with it. I don't personally wear any of it because I get too hot. Once in awhile, i'll do the 90's throwback and go with the tee shirt. Thats as much extra as I can wear.

I also coach at the high school level and those kids are always trying new stuff. The way I look at it, if the trainers says they need-they wear it. If it gives them some kind of comfort or psychological advantage-they can wear it.

I would never not run with someone because they wore it-who knows if its medical or not. I would also avoid picking your team based on looks.

Originally Posted by DFABIX

is this basketball or futbol?......just curious.....
and are any of the recreational players getting hit that hard and that much to warrant needing these?
or are they only for aesthetics?....
LMFAO
roll.gif

and are any of the recreational players getting hit that hard and that much to warrant needing these?
LMFAO
roll.gif

LMFAO
roll.gif

LMFAO
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Jewelzm3

LMFAO
roll.gif
wish i could find this funny.. yo where i play at on the streets dudes is rough, so why is this a question to you? and anyone from the streets or the hood, would know that 
you try to dunk it on somone they gonna foul/hurt you, they take that as disrecptful and the older generation i play with plays very physical.  so to answer your question hell yea, dudes hit you hard

LMFAO
roll.gif
wish i could find this funny.. yo where i play at on the streets dudes is rough, so why is this a question to you? and anyone from the streets or the hood, would know that 
you try to dunk it on somone they gonna foul/hurt you, they take that as disrecptful and the older generation i play with plays very physical.  so to answer your question hell yea, dudes hit you hard

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

LMFAO
roll.gif
i couldnt said that better, and i cant see why people dont understand that.  Its the same case when youre the biggest person on the court, they feel like its their right to use all their strength to foul u since youre bigger than them, so I have to protect myself.

LMFAO
roll.gif
i couldnt said that better, and i cant see why people dont understand that.  Its the same case when youre the biggest person on the court, they feel like its their right to use all their strength to foul u since youre bigger than them, so I have to protect myself.

LMFAO
roll.gif
Why would you want to play ball with someone that's going to hurt you? People that usually play like that have no skills.

LMFAO
roll.gif
Why would you want to play ball with someone that's going to hurt you? People that usually play like that have no skills.

LMFAO
roll.gif
Well if you feel the need for all the combat equipment by all means use them.

LMFAO
roll.gif
Well if you feel the need for all the combat equipment by all means use them.

yeah _s in the hood always wanna play like it's game 7 of the Finals on that "no easy buckets" $!%%
smh.gif

Also, you gotta take into a account that sometimes you're playing with uncoordinated idiots who are liable to injure you in multiple ways.

Frankly, the guys who incessantly complain about what another man wants to wear are way worse than the guys who wear a bunch of equipment.

For what it's worth, I always thought the shooting sleeves were stupid to wear if you weren't in the league, but I got some sleeves for cheap by the register at the outlet when I was
pimp.gif
makin foolish purchases and it does serve you well when you wear it on your shooting arm. For someone who likes to drive to the basket, people are always reaching and scratching at your arm, and with the sleeve you don't have to worry about that. Also, the compression keeps your arm warm.

yeah _s in the hood always wanna play like it's game 7 of the Finals on that "no easy buckets" $!%%
smh.gif

Also, you gotta take into a account that sometimes you're playing with uncoordinated idiots who are liable to injure you in multiple ways.

Frankly, the guys who incessantly complain about what another man wants to wear are way worse than the guys who wear a bunch of equipment.

For what it's worth, I always thought the shooting sleeves were stupid to wear if you weren't in the league, but I got some sleeves for cheap by the register at the outlet when I was
pimp.gif
makin foolish purchases and it does serve you well when you wear it on your shooting arm. For someone who likes to drive to the basket, people are always reaching and scratching at your arm, and with the sleeve you don't have to worry about that. Also, the compression keeps your arm warm.

andfattoo, and P MAC ONE bring up all great points.. and 
roll.gif
 lol at game 7's of the finals.. but oh its sooooooo tru 

steve cash, it doesn't matter if your in the hood or not, how can you choose someone that looks like they dont or do foul? you cant tell or choose someone that looks like it.

so this is what im suppose to do right? step #1 move out the hood, Step #2. Don't wear protective gear so i won't get laughed at 
pimp.gif
  and step 3 have a great time playing basketball? right? 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom