Testing video games OR other side jobs??

Originally Posted by lrredsoxfan06

Originally Posted by VeEzyV

I test video games for Activision and Sony every now and then. I know that works recruiting ppl to test games so he calls me when theres a gig. But he also posts on CL so I suggest going under gigs on CL and search video game testers/testing. Good luck. Activision pays well usually at least $100 for a 3 hr session. I've done a few longer ones that paid up to $500. Sony pays $50-$100 and they both give new games also

You test from your home? Is there ANY WAY that you can remember to PM when you find some space for me to assist with a gig? If GREATLY appreciate it homie.
Nahh I go to there buildings but im in the LA area lol

I test video games for Activision and Sony every now and then. I know that works recruiting ppl to test games so he calls me when theres a gig. But he also posts on CL so I suggest going under gigs on CL and search video game testers/testing. Good luck. Activision pays well usually at least $100 for a 3 hr session. I've done a few longer ones that paid up to $500. Sony pays $50-$100 and they both give new games also

You test from your home? Is there ANY WAY that you can remember to PM when you find some space for me to assist with a gig? If GREATLY appreciate it homie.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

You can do part-time security. I don't think there are many (any?) video game testing positions in the DMV area.

Where can I capitalize on PT security?
I'm not from the Columbia area, but I'm sure there are a few contract security positions up there.  Visit greatsecurityjobs.com and securitas.com and fill out an application.  You basically can work 20-30 hours a week standing around doing nothing. 

Good looking out dude. Truly appreciate it.
No problem.  Best of luck.

You can do part-time security. I don't think there are many (any?) video game testing positions in the DMV area.

Where can I capitalize on PT security?
I'm not from the Columbia area, but I'm sure there are a few contract security positions up there.  Visit greatsecurityjobs.com and securitas.com and fill out an application.  You basically can work 20-30 hours a week standing around doing nothing. 

Good looking out dude. Truly appreciate it.
No problem.  Best of luck.

i liive in the LA area. what do you need to do to get a video game gig around here? I really wouldnt mind doing this type of gig.
smile.gif

i liive in the LA area. what do you need to do to get a video game gig around here? I really wouldnt mind doing this type of gig.
smile.gif

Damn, sucks for me.  I'll just check out CL and hope I come across something.  Thanks for your input though homie.

Damn, sucks for me.  I'll just check out CL and hope I come across something.  Thanks for your input though homie.

Originally Posted by 2sappy

smile.gif
A GED and good written skills and you can be a tester...

Originally Posted by 2sappy

smile.gif
A GED and good written skills and you can be a tester...

Game testing sucks, they give you a stupid job like jumping in corners all day to find glitches in the game so they can fix them or any other stupid error that is reported. Look for focus groups. That's what I do. Just did a focus group yesterday for 2 hours about if I would buy a Nissan Juke and why for 65 bucks. Just lie in most of the surveys they ask you for preliminary that it is what you're interested/know about, etc. and do research on it. If you have to pay for a list of focus groups, etc. then it is fake.

Game testing sucks, they give you a stupid job like jumping in corners all day to find glitches in the game so they can fix them or any other stupid error that is reported. Look for focus groups. That's what I do. Just did a focus group yesterday for 2 hours about if I would buy a Nissan Juke and why for 65 bucks. Just lie in most of the surveys they ask you for preliminary that it is what you're interested/know about, etc. and do research on it. If you have to pay for a list of focus groups, etc. then it is fake.

Good lookin'. I did a focus group before and got $80 for 2 hours talking about the military. Joint was straight.

Good lookin'. I did a focus group before and got $80 for 2 hours talking about the military. Joint was straight.

id work for capcom. i wonder if that %%%* is anything like Grandma's Boy
nerd.gif

i dont mind playing fighting games and practicing my combos for a few hours.
laugh.gif

id work for capcom. i wonder if that %%%* is anything like Grandma's Boy
nerd.gif

i dont mind playing fighting games and practicing my combos for a few hours.
laugh.gif

I'm getting paid to play Call of Duty 4

had to share this...

i get a call the other day from a woman who works for Riley Children's Hospital here in indy, asking me if i would still be interested in participating in a research study on the effects of violent video game play on memory. i said of course. basically, they are giving me a laptop to take home and i can't play any other games for the next five weeks other than Call of Duty 4 for 1-2 hrs a day. i have to record my feelings in a diary and bring them to each appointment. at the appointments, i'll undergo an fMRI scan and be given basic memory challenges, where they will monitor my brain waves. basically they are trying to reverse any adverse effects of violent video game play by training the brain using memory exercises.

i am also being paid $750 to do this.

i feel extremely fortunate for this to have happened to me and thought i would share. i'll keep you guys posted on what happens next!

http://www.racketboy.com/...pic.php?f=44&t=23850

I'm getting paid to play Call of Duty 4

had to share this...

i get a call the other day from a woman who works for Riley Children's Hospital here in indy, asking me if i would still be interested in participating in a research study on the effects of violent video game play on memory. i said of course. basically, they are giving me a laptop to take home and i can't play any other games for the next five weeks other than Call of Duty 4 for 1-2 hrs a day. i have to record my feelings in a diary and bring them to each appointment. at the appointments, i'll undergo an fMRI scan and be given basic memory challenges, where they will monitor my brain waves. basically they are trying to reverse any adverse effects of violent video game play by training the brain using memory exercises.

i am also being paid $750 to do this.

i feel extremely fortunate for this to have happened to me and thought i would share. i'll keep you guys posted on what happens next!

http://www.racketboy.com/...pic.php?f=44&t=23850

Back
Top Bottom