THANK YOU GSWARRIORS FOR AN AMAZING YEAR...CONGRATULTIONS CLEVELAND CAVALIERS.

if we've learned anything from that kobe/shaq/malone/payton lakers team, the cavs, and the heat it's that you need a strong second unit to win a championship. it's easy to look at a lineup of steph, klay, kd, and dray and assume no bench is necessary, but how big were livingston, iggy and festus last year in the finals?
lakers stacking malone and GP didnt work bec. They were dinosaurs. The heat didnt work out really ? I guess winning 2 titles isn't working out now. I don't care what you say or anyone says KD on this team makes this team more dangerous than without.

if we've learned anything from that kobe/shaq/malone/payton lakers team, the cavs, and the heat it's that you need a strong second unit to win a championship. it's easy to look at a lineup of steph, klay, kd, and dray and assume no bench is necessary, but how big were livingston, iggy and festus last year in the finals?
lakers stacking malone and GP didnt work bec. They were dinosaurs. The heat didnt work out really ? I guess winning 2 titles isn't working out now. I don't care what you say or anyone says KD on this team makes this team more dangerous than without.

no one's saying that this team wouldn't be better with KD, no **** blud, of course KD immediately makes a team better; warriors are no exception. but the point that was apparently missed by you is that this team would potentially miss out on resigning players like Livingston, iggy, and festus whose contracts are all up after next season. unless they give the dubs some sort of "hometown" discount, which could potentially happen, who knows what kind of cap room will remain if they sign KD.

that Lakers team, even with Malone and GP at the tail ends of their careers, didnt work not because they were dinosaurs, but because they had no depth beyond their starters once the playoffs came around. During their title runs, Miami definitely benefitted from having bench players like Mike Miler and Ray Allen. A second unit isn't going to win you a championship nor do you build a team around a 2nd unit, but it has solidified some teams as title contenders. Like you said, the warriors second unit could be a starting 5 in the east, and I'm sure a handful of teams will throw money at those players come 2017.

Last edited:
the mailman was definitely past his prime, but was still a beast the season prior to joining LAL. i remember him averaging near 20 and 10 the year before and thinking to myself that the combination of Shaq and Malone in the post was going to be ******* impossible to stop.

Exactly, man. Defense wins championships. Cliche saying, but prove it wrong. Gotta get rid of too much to sign KD. Then you gotta lock in a new contract for Steph in 2017.

Their bench wouldn't be affected too much, and salary caps do go up in both of those years.

IDK if Warriors could pull it off. But with the way they are playing right now, don't fix it if it ain't broken. They don't even need KD. KD needs them. Not gonna front like he wouldn't be a good pickup though :lol:

Another year with LeBron going ringless is another great season to me.

And in regards to the warriors bench, those dudes can't even hold 20 point leads, smh. :smh: they need to beef up with some better defensive pickups imo. Offense is obviously on point.

Last edited:
I think Igoudala goes if KD were to sign with the Warriors. Whether through trade or a waive. 

Livingston can be re-signed for a decent price. Ezeli is solid, but these knew injuries have made me skeptical.

was the firing of MJax one of the reasons JO didnt return? i cant remember.

The amount of line violations that JO drew at the free throw line lol

He was a great leader. Im glad he was in the locker room to school he young fellas.

^Not sure, but I'd like to think that played a some part.

But if his focus was his family, I wouldn't blame him.

I was happy when he was with the Warriors...Just didn't like the ISOs being called for him.

What a great week coming up.

Early games, mavs/warriors, spurs/warriors...can't wait!

So close fellas, statistically, they should get the record just judging from their past patterns. Theyre not about to start losing now, here is where they turn up even more.

Tuff 2 games in the next 2 days. Should be some good b ball.

Man, it makes me so Salty to see D.Lee jumping off the bench for the Mavs...what a scrub.

i'm glad he's gettin some burn. to me he deserves it.

He did so much for the Dubs organization, he was our first all-star since sprewell and was kind of the face of the franchise before steph blew up.

he was like the bridge from the old crappy franchise we had who didn't care about winning to the current team we have that's a first class organization....

Yea I too was happy to see D Lee balling last night, Dallas seems like a great fit for him.

I will always root for guys like him, Monta, etc.

As long as we win tho

That David Lee +/-  
pimp.gif

Never change. Never change.

Loved how it wasn't discussed (From a broadcast perspective) when he was a Dub - but as soon as he left, emphasized by Dland's uncle Bob.

play SAS on the 2nd night of a back2back in SA..no real 5 to defend the post...steph shoots 1-12 from 3.

yeah that doesn't happen every night. aint worried.

Back
Top Bottom