That Mysterious "S" Thing We Used to Draw

I did this a lot, I remember you could also create a version of this S with a paper clip. I always associated it with Superman and the word supreme.

This **** don't got anything to do with stussy.

:wow: if ppl were really doing this since the 60s all around the world.

Me, nor did any of my friends know wtf stussy was in the 90's, so ... nah

hell, I still dont actually know alot about stussy

Last edited:
That logo didnt look anything like the "S" in question.

Not their general logo, but there was a pretty prevalent design in the 90s with the S in question with a crown on it though. I know I've seen stussy with that S.

Me, nor did any of my friends know wtf stussy was in the 90's, so ... nah

hell, I still dont actually know alot about stussy

Ok well i'm not saying that every single person that ever drew this S saw it on a stussy shirt and copied it. Obviously it's possible for it to spread without people knowing where it came, that's kind of the point of the thread. So....yeah.

Its like everyone just knew how to draw it at some point. I dont remember ever even being taught...just sat in class and somehow did it

This is funny.

I always thought it was Stussy related, back from when PacSun was the fully titled Pacific Sunwear and they carried all that **** (no idea if they do now).

That logo didnt look anything like the "S" in question.

Not their general logo, but there was a pretty prevalent design in the 90s with the S in question with a crown on it though. I know I've seen stussy with that S.

I haven't ever seen a Stussy product with that logo and there isnt a trace of a single one anywhere on the internet. Additionally this logos origins date back at least to the 60s-70s before Stussy even existed.

This is the only Stussy S crown logo Ive seen
View media item 822213

I remember this girl telling me in 2nd grade that it was called a "Surfers S'"....So I always assumed thats what it was. :lol:

Damn you brought me back to elementary..

If I can trace it to anything, its probably graffiti

But mind blown at kids all over knowing this

Its like candyman or bloody mary..

when going through my sisters notebooks from when she was in school (80's) her book was littered with this....

I think she's illuminati....

...oh **** she heard me typing....

A portion of yall have been clearly conditioned by stussy :lol: I'm in NYC BK and I know where we were doing it had nothing to do with that.

I mean there's yet to be an image presented by stussy that even looks like the S in question.

I always knew it as the stussy S, too. I had no idea what stussy was when I learned it, I was in 2nd grade. :lol:

Its the font from the snoop doggystyle album Or so i recall. Dunno if it goes back beyond that

when going through my sisters notebooks from when she was in school (80's) her book was littered with this....

I think she's illuminati....

...oh **** she heard me typing....

:rofl:

A portion of yall have been clearly conditioned by stussy :lol: I'm in NYC BK and I know where we were doing it had nothing to do with that.

I mean there's yet to be an image presented by stussy that even looks like the S in question.

Yeah... I can see why people might remember the Stussy S as the S in question, but they are definitely different. But even then, the origins date back to before Stussy existed.

Its the font from the snoop doggystyle album Or so i recall. Dunno if it goes back beyond that

Its similar but definitely different. The S in question also goes back much further than 1993.

I'm from Michigan so everyone here always connected it to Michigan State University Spartans. I didn't know everyone else drew these too lol. I'm guessing Spartans weren't it now 
tired.gif

We were drawing them out here in Wyoming 15 years ago.

Didn't have a name. Just thought it was a stylized "S"

Back
Top Bottom