The 2008 body transformation thread......

When I typed it out everything was separated any reason it doesn't stay like that when I post?

Ok, Internet soldiers I've seen a lot of questions lately about loosing weight and also so about gaining mass. The beginning of the year is the best timeto get started in your fitness goals. Their are a few knowledgeable NTers as far as fitness is concerned and I think that we should be able to help each other.1. You need to set a fitness goal for yourself. What do you want to accomplish? Lower body fat? a gain in lean muscle? 2. Motivation is in question as this isvery important. Do you have the motivation to stick to your fitness goals? to give up fast food, sodas, and other unhealthy foods. There are many other factorsin achieving your weight-loss goals, but lets handle 1st things 1st. There are various sites out there that will help you figure out a safe healthy diet basedon your body mass and determine exactly what foods you need to eat how much to consume and everything else. You can PM me if you are interested in paying foronline personal training. I know many people who do this and are willing to help you. All you have to do is go out and get the foods and workout.Bodybuilding.com has a lot of helpful articles on there site that can help you in getting to where you want to get. I will post various helpful articles overthe course of this thread. Depending on the topic of discussion at the time or from a question or concern raised by someone. Lets all achieve our fitness goalstogether in 08 I'll be started a carb cycle cut diet on monday until the end of March. Maybe if people post up there beginning shots that will serve asmotivation to get out and do something about it. If your having trouble figuring out which gym to joint there are articles to help you with that as well. Ifthis thread takes off I'll included a lot of helpful information as well as my week to week progress in my 40 pound weight loss goals. I'll need helpfrom other NTers as well in keeping this thread going as I don't know everything and won't act like I will. If I don't know something I will try tofind a link to a source who does or a answer from someone who does. Good luck to you all in 08 and your body transformation. Remember it's all in the mind!

I really hope this thread sticks around bc I'm always looking to learn more about working out and proper dieting. I've been going to the gym sincearound the beginning of October and I've def been losing some of my gut since alot of my jeans are alot looser than normal.
laugh.gif
My advice is to just stick with it and don't try and do too much in thebeginning or get too anxious to see results. All those bs commercials and ads you see about changing your body in 6 weeks are crap. Just remember it's alifestyle change on top of just lifting weights and doing some cardio.

I see you CJ, watup bo

Im looking to build muscle though so hopefully this stays alive, I wanna start lifting.

You gotta use the paragraph html tag. And yea, if yall wanna make it an official contest you can send me the pics and I'll upload them on my web server, Ican even password protect them if you don't want anybody to see your before until you reach the after.

word DatZ we will have to keep that in mind that could be real helpful if a lot of people want to get in an participate. Dom what's up my dude? nows thetime to put that muscle on if you bulk lean...spring is around the corner now. I'm just waiting to gage the interest and see if enough people want to beinvolved to make it worth me keeping up and updating as often as possible.

anybody got questions...holla at ya boy ill get you right (nh) exercise and nutrition minor and amatuer boxer.
i dont have anything boxing related till summer and i usually wait till 3 or 4 months out to start training but whatever im down. ill do it the right way tocuz i could drop 10 lbs in 3 days if i had to
laugh.gif

good stuff CJ,man after 3 or 4 months youll be lookin like usher forreal
laugh.gif

Good thread...I hope it sticks around

I started running 1.5 miles 4 times a week about a month ago....haven't started lifting weights yet..im trying to get my body fat down first.
I have been trying to lose weight for YEARS, I've tried everything to motivate me. This is gonna sound weird but the biggest motivation came from when Itook a picture of myself with no shirt on and put it as my desktop background
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...this helped me so much to just see how unhealthy I am...
I went from eating Burger King, Mcdonalds etc. about 3 times a week to eating a sub and soup from Subway about twice a week, I also drink a gallon of water aday.

I am 5"9 220 BTW

I started running 1.5 miles 4 times a week about a month ago....haven't started lifting weights yet..im trying to get my body fat down first.
doggy get in the weight room ASAP. when you build muscle you ...you burn fat. and lifting burns calories not only during a session but hours afteryou lift. running is great. i also say begin mixing in some sprints during those runs.

Bodybuilding is actually the reason I took a little hiatus from NT.
I've been flirting with the "Keto Diet" for the last month, and I must say my body has not responded to anything so well before. Keto requriesthe body to go into a state of Ketosis. This is done through similar means as the Atkins diet; a diet of high protein, fat and barely any carbs. Under thisdiet 5% of your diet should be carbs, roughly 20-30g (grams) depending on your goals.

The result is your body using fat as energy rather than carbs which is its preferred means of fuel. You'll have more energy and better libido (no oneminute man). Also the fat just seems to melt off, and it even melts off while urinating. I suggest people do more research if they wanna hop on the Keto train.

Bodybuilding.com also has a sweet database of work outs if you need to find one you need.

Also.

www.fitday.com or http://www.thedailyplate.com/users/myplate/ to track macronutrients

Moreover, the topic of supplements. I've been using No-Xplode (the old o.g formula, not that caffeine garbage they sell now), Gold Standard 100% Whey, amultivitamin and some fish oil gel caps.

I've actually been looking into a designer steroid to bulk up with after my cut is finished. I've been looking at Havoc and Epistane. Anyone have anyexperience with either?

What's the best supplement out there right now to help stimulate muscle growth, I'm currently taking NO-Xplode and was wondering if anyone couldrecommend anything else.

My right knee has been messed up for a while, even with surgery. I only mention this because when I get on the treadmill I feel that I'm not runningstraight and it doesnt feel comfortable, not sure if a good running shoe would help with this? I feel running on the treadmill is the best form of cardio (icould be wrong about this), what other cardio-machine in the gym would be my best option other than running on the treadmill?

My right knee has been messed up for a while, even with surgery. I only mention this because when I get on the treadmill I feel that I'm not running straight and it doesnt feel comfortable, not sure if a good running shoe would help with this? I feel running on the treadmill is the best form of cardio (i could be wrong about this), what other cardio-machine in the gym would be my best option other than running on the treadmill?
Cardio Alternatives

elliptical: soo underrated..dudes think its a girly machine but the fact is it burns calories. its all about intensity tho. if you are lethargic on thetreadmill you will accomplish nothing and same on the elliptical. and the great thing about the elliptical is that it will be easy on the knees.

power walking: get on the treadmill, put it on an incline and walk hard for 45 mins. great workout and easier on the knees.

Take a spinning class..man these are no joke

Word....I got a cruise to attend in August.....I gotta get right (pause)...

I was working out everyday, 3 days a week this from March to August, drinking nothing but water, cut out all the beer and the sodas etc., but all of a sudden Istopped going to they gym, stopped eating right etc....

Bad thing is that I was seeing results....Gotta get back on my grizzly though.....Im about to go get me a George Foreman grill.....

I got this Weight program I found on Men's Health that I am gonna start doing once I get back to the crib after the holidays...

I think the problem last time was that it got too monotonous.....But, I got it worked out now.....Got my lifting in the morning and my Cardio after I get offof work.....And I will change my routine every month......

I've actually been looking into a designer steroid to bulk up with after my cut is finished. I've been looking at Havoc and Epistane. Anyone have any experience with either?
You should at least try bulking without the use of steroids/prohormones first.

Personally I've been pretty interested in giving Havoc a run within the next year. I'm currently using Mass FX and Hyperdrol X2 both by AnabolicXtreme and have seen some prime gains from this stack, while utilizing a primarily bodybuilding style routine.

^word.

haha nah dont think i havn't bulked before. ive done a couple of muscle tech stacks during high school. gave me a nice base of muscle which is why imcutting now.

Originally Posted by haiti5

doggy get in the weight room ASAP. when you build muscle you ...you burn fat. and lifting burns calories not only during a session but hours after you lift. running is great. i also say begin mixing in some sprints during those runs.

thanks for the advice...I usually sprint within the last minute of running...is this not enough?

I do my running on a treadmill...does running on a slight incline really help that much? or is distance running better for me?

i need diet advice more than anything. i travel for work during the week, so im on the road and in hotels mon-thurs. i know im supposed to do 6 small meals aday...but that's really difficult for me during the week.

started running and lifting again. used to lift every day and run 2-3 times a week. then college killed all of that work ethic and the results. so i'mtrying to get back slimmer and more toned/cut

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Bodybuilding is actually the reason I took a little hiatus from NT.
I've been flirting with the "Keto Diet" for the last month, and I must say my body has not responded to anything so well before. Keto requries the body to go into a state of Ketosis. This is done through similar means as the Atkins diet; a diet of high protein, fat and barely any carbs. Under this diet 5% of your diet should be carbs, roughly 20-30g (grams) depending on your goals.

The result is your body using fat as energy rather than carbs which is its preferred means of fuel. You'll have more energy and better libido (no one minute man). Also the fat just seems to melt off, and it even melts off while urinating. I suggest people do more research if they wanna hop on the Keto train.

Bodybuilding.com also has a sweet database of work outs if you need to find one you need.

So basically you just eat protein only for 6 meals a day? Does it effect your energy levels during the day or during your workouts? Also, what do you eatwhen your out of the house, for example at work or school? The reason I'm asking is because when I'm at school/work I obviously cant prepare a propermeal, so usually I just rely on fruits or turkey/peanut butter/chicken sandwiches.

Glad to see this thread picked up some steam fellas. I'll drop some info in the morning for everyone. For the various situations that I've seen boughtup so far. Hopefully we can get a lil information for everyone to help you guys get started. Jason man when I finish this cut
laugh.gif
your right the similaritywill be ever more. I get it enough now.
laugh.gif

i am trying to cut fat. so far I am lifting and running 4-5 days a week. i read that you're supposed to take whey protein even if you're cutting. isthis true? if so, which brand and flavor tastes good? do you guys use a blender or just mix it using a spoon in a cup?

Back
Top Bottom