The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna see Dirk get another one. Or Portland making a run altough they'd prob lose to the Bulls.

Last edited:
Remember when folks were predicting New York to make the playoffs and for Melo to play his best ball

Athletic Pau Gasol

"He's a freak," Noah said after Saturday morning's shootaround, in advance of Saturday night's game between Pelicans and the Chicago Bulls. "He can shoot the ball -- there's not a lot of things he can't do on a basketball court. He affects the games in a lot of ways. Even though his stats are crazy, there's a lot of things that he does that you don't even see on a stat sheet that affect the game. He's a hell of a talent."

Last edited:
LeBron really turns 30 in three days, its crazy to think about.

Really watching the era of players I grew up on with one foot out the door basically (Timmy, Manu, Kobe, Dirk, Nash, KG, Pierce, etc etc)

Flame suit activated, but I'd seriously consider the Knicks if I were love

sure

it will be just like the twolves all over again :lol:
Yeah because he had someone as good as Melo in Minny. Because NY is a mediocre city to live in like Minny. You on a roll today man between this and the pizza :lol:

SO melo and Love gonna win all of a sudden? That roster is terrible

stop it man
It's better than what he had in Minny. Melo, Love a top 3 pick plus whoever else they sign this year is enough to win 45 games in the East. Love is perfect for the triangle.

there is no triangle in NY :rofl:

if the goal in the east with 2 stars is to win 45 games then you already failed.
There's 10'guys on the team that aren't gonna be here of course the offense isn't running smoothly yet. Team doesn't care and the season is a wash. You think the triangle really gets perfected in 3 months with a bunch of guys halfway out the door? 45 wins is modest. A+ for your trolling today.

How am i trolling?

you explanation is the team doesnt care now :lol:

umm.. i posted a valid response and opinion which most will agree. the team sucks, so then with the triangle, who will you fill out the roster out with if you sign Love for the max

Damn, Amir Johnson went to 4 high schools? Nice trivia

Did the Clips get rid of their new lighting system? It looks brighter today which is better to me

They'll have 25 mill in cap space plus 15 mil that could be freed up when they dump JR and Calderon's contracts. plenty of room to bring in talented defenders and shooters. Hardaway Jr, Larkin, Early and Acy are good cheap role players. Get lucky and draft Karl Towns and you now have a team well positioned with a solid core. Bring back STAT on the low to come off the bench. Just need to bring in a point guard that doesn't turn the ball over and could knock down shots like Fisher was for the Lakers and find a shooting guard that can be consistent. Could bring in Affalo in a sign and trade deal in exchange for Shump or someone else. It's not this complex process to rebuild the team. You guys crack me up thinking this franchise is shot.

They'll have 25 mill in cap space plus 15 mil that could be freed up when they dump JR and Calderon's contracts. plenty of room to bring in talented defenders and shooters. Hardaway Jr, Larkin, Early and Acy are good cheap role players. Get lucky and draft Karl Towns and you now have a team well positioned with a solid core. Bring back STAT on the low to come off the bench. Just need to bring in a point guard that doesn't turn the ball over and could knock down shots like Fisher was for the Lakers and find a shooting guard that can be consistent. Could bring in Affalo in a sign and trade deal in exchange for Shump or someone else. It's not this complex process to rebuild the team. You guys crack me up thinking this franchise is shot.

Karl Towns will take at least 3 years to help a team win a ring, and by then Carmelo is 34.

NY is between a rock and a hard place as long as they keep Melo.

Last edited:

What if I told you Monta wasn't the first person to Have it All?

30 for 30: The Cesar Story
I read this in the 30 for 30 narrators voice with the theme music playing in the background
mean.gif
laugh.gif
I did too. Have no idea who Ceasar is so forgive me
laugh.gif
Still?

Bruh, either you don't read the thread at all, or you have too many people blocked.

Not even saying you have to catch up on 200+ posts but if you can quote and respond to the above post, you should know who Cesar is now my dude.

He'll just need to block shots and rebound in the interim if they sign another big like Love or Monroe so I think they could make it work as Towns develops. They'll need another center in addition to him though to be a force. A solid vet which could be tough to find in today's NBA.

I don't see why they need to move Melo. What are they gonna get for him? You trade him and you prolong the rebuilding process another three years. You need a go to scorer in this league you already have one why get rid of him for question marks?

Last edited:
Kyle Lowry though..

Dominating Chris Paul. Once the raps second unit gets it going this game is a wrap.

Clippers fell off

Last edited:

Not downplaying the travel but the Clippers December schedule had to be one of the friendliest in terms of actual competition. This recent stretch versus quality teams was the first time they've done that this season. After the Raps, they'll get another soft stretch of games as well
Not even trying to pull the homer card but I can see what lawdog meant when he said the schedule hasn't been cake because I'm experiencing the same fate with OKC right now.

When you are playing subpar teams like NO, Milwaukee's, Dever's and struggling with those teams but perhaps still winning or losing close, it makes it seem as though you aren't playing a cake type schedule run because you are watching you guys (some) play their hearts out for wins or close losses.

Clippers just delivered a clinic in how not to close a half. Jeez. :smh:

Last edited:
He'll just need to block shots and rebound in the interim if they sign another big like Love or Monroe so I think they could make it work as Towns develops. They'll need another center in addition to him though to be a force. A solid vet which could be tough to find in today's NBA.

those are max guys, and both poor defenders. no money left for an elite defensive c to cover mistakes. and like I said rookies almost ALWAYS suck, no matter what stats they put up you can't count on Towns or Okafor to fix your horrendous, d. gunna b 3 years minimum befor they start making a real impact, by that time Melo is old and hogging your cap.

not saying its impossible but you have to acknowledge they are in a difficult spot.

those are max guys, and both poor defenders. no money left for an elite defensive c to cover mistakes. and like I said rookies almost ALWAYS suck, no matter what stats they put up you can't count on Towns or Okafor to fix your horrendous, d. gunna b 3 years minimum befor they start making a real impact, by that time Melo is old and hogging your cap.

not saying its impossible but you have to acknowledge they are in a difficult spot.
I agree with you there it'll be tough finding solid consistent rim protection. Can't dispute that. Aside from that however I think they'll be good enough to win games. A ring, who knows. A lot of teams never get that chance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom