The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised that Brook running that play for Bassy in the final seconds haven't gotten too much criticism in here? Does everybody accept that he isn't the brightest coach? How do you have player, who's having a career night, not touch the ball in the last minute? You have a 6'11 walking mismatch, who scored in a variety of ways, throughout the night and you run a clear out for a non-scoring, horrible finishing 6 feet point guard, who was shooting 2-8 before that point.
mean.gif
Brooks receives plenty of criticism.

Frankly, I'm surprised he nearly led the OKC Blue to victory of the mighty Clippers at the Staples center.

Especially after losing his All-Star point guard.

Last edited:
o rly....

LeBron James’ childhood friend, Rich Paul, runs Klutch Sports, a Cleveland-based agency.

Paul was instrumental in LeBron returning to the Cavaliers, and a lot of people believe they’ll reward the agent for it.

Could that mean another Paul client, Tristan Thompson, gets a big contract extension? Or does it go further? Can Paul get anyone a favorable deal with the Cavaliers now?

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:

Most agents and business associates of key Cavaliers players are on full alert to keep clients out of the tentacles of Klutch. The Klutch sales pitch has been predictable: Come with us, get paid with the Cavaliers.

As the season unfolds, the Klutch Sports client most are watching closest is deposed Golden State coach Mark Jackson. He has bounced agent to agent in his brief coaching career, but landing with Paul raised the suspicions of Jackson’s motives: Does Jackson think Paul can simply wedge him into the Cavaliers’ job?

Most believe that James is too smart to ever want a coach who spends far more time retweeting Twitter praise for himself than preparing his basketball team, but Jackson shouldn’t be underestimated as one of the sport’s great self-promoters. And make no mistake: If the Cavaliers struggle, it won’t be James and Kevin Love taking the blame. It’ll be coach David Blatt, who understands – even embraces – the burden.

LeBron has immense power in Cleveland, and he’s bestowed some of that upon Paul. If LeBron wants Jackson to coach the Cavaliers, Jackson will probably coach the Cavaliers. Whether it’s LeBron or Paul handling the maneuvering doesn’t really matter.

Does LeBron prefer Jackson — who was linked to the Cavaliers before they hired David Blatt — to Blatt?

Jackson implemented an extremely successful defense in Golden State, helping the Warriors get back on track. But he also ran an unimaginative offense, had curious substitution patterns and contributed to an organizational culture of distrust.

It can be difficult to assign blame from afar, but Jackson, fired by Golden State after last season, is hardly an ideal candidate to coach a championship contender.

That said, Jackson is in ideal position to get LeBron’s attention. If he ever sours on Blatt, LeBron likely won’t automatically endorse Jackson. But it only makes sense a client of an agency LeBron supposedly considers family would at least have his case heard.

By the way, how is Blatt feeling now? One game into his NBA career – a loss, which he admitted he handled poorly – and rumors are already swirling about his replacement.

Saw that and was thinking this is only the second game of the season. And it's a broken bone in his hand. It's not like he's injured 'caused he's exhausted for carrying the load. 

I watch OKC all the time but those first two games he was in the paint a lot more than usual. That wasn't any shade on him at all, my point was I didn't think he could carry most of the scoring load and keep getting banged up like in the Portland game and make it all 20-25 games healthy.

Oh wow, Westbrook out at least a month. That team is gonna score like 70 points a game. Imagine them being a 7th or 8th seed with West and Durant back 100%.

Last edited:
If Knicks handled the Cavs, the Bullies are gonna crush em

If Lebron show's up it will actually be a good game. Doesn't even have to be great just don't commit almost half of the teams turnovers.

Whether Butler plays or not will have an impact though

Last edited:
I've been one of Brooks' biggest critics, but if he can muster up some wins and keep the Thunder competitive until his main guys return, he'll earn my respect.

He had a hard enough time with two of the game's best players, lord help him now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom