The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
come on P, you smart enough to know the difference between somebody out there playing scared...and somebody out there going at peoples heads.
I was kidding.

But take into account MCW was 21-22 his last year at Cuse and rookie season versus Exum who's 19 and comnig from playing Australian HS.

no way Vic. MCW was first team big east and proved himself vs very good comp.

2 things you knew

he was a playmaker on D and O

and he has heart.

Exum get out there that first game with the lights on and turn into Evan Turner.

I mean MCW is 23/Exum is 18.

MCW was in prep school and was like skinner than Exum is right now how do you think he would have looked at 18?

Last edited:
Excellent. :lol:

I'm not even going to address Scott's latest gem; benching Nash in favor of Lin through the media instead of talking about it with Nash first.

Why does every coach do this? I swear - I've never heard of a coach talk with a player and tell him he's being benched or why he's being benched or what the long term plan is. Every single time the coach just benches the guy. This convo would maybe take 3-4 minutes after or before a practice. Is it really that big of a deal? Do coaches not really talk to players in the NBA? Are they scared? Do they think the player should just deal with it? Wouldn't the player be 20x happier if he knew he was being benched temporarily just to experiment with new lineups or something?

I don't understand it. I can name a million examples of coaches doing this.
I think coaches just don't want to deal with a star player face to face with it. Like D'Antoni, he avoided conflict with players like the plague. :lol:

analytics aren't going anywhere. ignore them if you want, just know that the GMs of the teams you root for aren't.
Hell, coaches too. Spo relies heavily on analytics. Brad Stevens does too. "Eye test"  isn't the only approach in this day and age. There's nothing wrong with reconciling both to justify/explain what you're seeing. Both are inexact sciences that you combine for an optimal result.
great cant wait to see Marcus Smart.
1+1= Potato?

Dennis Rodman: "JR Smith is the new Dennis Rodman."

Dennis is disrespecting himself by making that comparison. In his prime, Dennis could be an off-the-court knucklehead and still come to the arena the next day and contribute. Can't say the same for JR.

Kobe's quote on FirstTake is as real as it gets..if you don't respect him, it's because if his off the court court case and his ego. Dude keeps it real though.

"Listen: business is business. I think people get that confused very easily in understanding that players should take substantially leas than their market value in order to win championships."

Kobe OBVIOUSLY deserves every penny he's making....however, when guys like Tim Duncan and Dirk take less than their market value to improve their team roster flexibility, then I just don't know what to tell ya.

They're suckers.

A player shouldn't have to worry about a team's roster flexibility. If the owners wanted more flexible rosters, then they should have significantly raised the cap. I'm tired of hearing this narrative of where "if you want to win, then you have to take less."

Why is the inverse not true? If owners want to win, shouldn't they have to pay more? Guys that take pay cuts are not only doing themselves a disservice, but they're also ruining it for the guys in the middle and lower ends.

I'm in this video :lol:

You can't see me that well, but I am in a red Indians hat with a long sleeve Maroon Cavs shirt on.

I stand up after Love gets the And-1 3 ball :lol:

I'm behind where Blatt is standing and a little over to the right

Let me know if you see me :lol:

Theres a older dude in like a lime green shirt and I am directly above him and one seat over to the left.

Last edited:
I'm in this video :lol:

You can't see me that well, but I am in a red Indians hat with a long sleeve Maroon Cavs shirt on.

I stand up after Love gets the And-1 3 ball :lol:

I'm behind where Blatt is standing and a little over to the right

Let me know if you see me :lol:

Theres a older dude in like a lime green shirt and I am directly above him and one seat over to the left.

Couldn't find you, man. I tried.

Anyone think sixers can win more than 15.5 games this season ? I see them winning about 16-19 games most likely going to lay money down on this prop bet.

Kobe OBVIOUSLY deserves every penny he's making....however, when guys like Tim Duncan and Dirk take less than their market value to improve their team roster flexibility, then I just don't know what to tell ya.

They live in Texas though.

So them taking less money won't impact them as much as if they did that in Cali

Anyone think sixers can win more than 15.5 games this season ? I see them winning about 16-19 games most likely going to lay money down on this prop bet.

I honestly can't see them winning even 15 games. The East is better overall and they're probably worse than they were last season. I'm thinking 10-12 Ws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom