The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't know about all that "line of chick" stuff...dude seems whipped by LaLa...even took her *** into consideration on where to sign in the offseason...

as if her second tier acting career is an *** hair close to his life and career...

melo too beta to be in NY...after all these years hes just not built for it...and out of all the dudes in the league maybe not even .5% of dudes can handle NY...

but phil going to change all that...cuz he is built.

I don't know about all that "line of chick" stuff...dude seems whipped by LaLa...even took her *** into consideration on where to sign in the offseason...

as if her second tier acting career is an *** hair close to his life and career...

melo too beta to be in NY...after all these years hes just not built for it...and out of all the dudes in the league maybe not even .5% of dudes can handle NY...

Wait, what husband isn't going to take his wife and family into consideration?

LeBron, Durant, Russ, Kobe, MJ and etc. have all said they love playing in the Garden. So if Carmelo loved it his first few seasons, why would he leave if he liked playing there?

LeBron showed up to the game on Sunday night I think? The day before they played BK. Can't remember now.

Last edited:
Most people from New York think they matter more than they really do.

The more I think about this...

It's not just that the pro team sucks, the pro team has always sucked. The Knicks have no business being mentioned as a legendary franchise when it's history of overrated star players and mediocre basketball, when people say this star palyer wants to play for the knicks and the legacy of the gawded?

what ******* legacy? The legacy is filled with failure, Knicks are the biggest market with the most money and they have only have two chips. thats pathetic.

The amount of ink spilled over Bernard King and Patrick Ewing is insane to me, even Alan Houston.

Pat Ewing while a legendary college player was a top 10 player in his time, but people act like he was constantly a top 5 force, or the best center in the league, it's CRAZY.

and don't get me started about Bernard King, people act like he invented scoring. Shareef Abdur-Rahim gets **** on mercilessly for scoring a ton and never winning but the NY media tries to convince us that Bernard King is som legendary figure in basketball history.

Last edited:

LeBron, Durant, Russ, Kobe, MJ and etc. have all said they love playing in the Garden. So if Carmelo loved it his first few seasons, why would he leave if he liked playing there?

Nah b, Melo basically made it seem like it was her decision, like she was the bred winner in the household. Taking your family into consideration is one thing but Melo out here looking like Doug Christie on these streets.

Magic thinks LA should throw in the towel?

Be bad>Be average He said.

Skip said right now they are #6 in the lottery and that won't get them anything.

In all seriousness, if the Lakeshow makes the lottery, They are getting the #1 pick, period.

It's not just that the pro team sucks, the pro team has always sucked. The Knicks have no business being mentioned as a legendary franchise when it's history of overrated star players and mediocre basketball, when people say this star palyer wants to play for the knicks and the legacy of the gawded?

what ******* legacy? The legacy is filled with failure, Knicks are the biggest market with the most money and you have only have two chips. thats pathetic.

The amount of ink spilled over Bernard King and Patrick Ewing is insane to me, even Alan Houston.

Pat Ewing while a legendary college player was a top 10 player in his time, but people act like he was constantly a top 5 force, or the best center in the league, it's CRAZY.

and don't get me started about Bernard King, people act like he invented scoring. Shareef Abdur-Rahim gets **** on mercilessly for scoring a ton and never winning but the NY media tries to convince us that Bernard King is som legendary figure in basketball history.

You know those guys that drive big trucks to compensate?

View media item 1299054
New Yorkers in a nutshell.

what ******* legacy? The legacy is filled with failure, Knicks are the biggest market with the most money and you have only have two chips. thats pathetic.

You know those guys that drive big trucks to compensate?

New Yorkers in a nutshell.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 Spot on.

what ******* legacy? The legacy is filled with failure, Knicks are the biggest market with the most money and they have only have two chips. thats pathetic.

Been saying all this for years. I don't like the Celtics or Lakers, but it infuriates me when people talk like the Knicks are in the same category of "storied" NBA franchises with those teams.

But the city of New York itself is great ... to visit ... every few years.

Last edited:

Nah b, Melo basically made it seem like it was her decision, like she was the bred winner in the household. Taking your family into consideration is one thing but Melo out here looking like Doug Christie on these streets.

I guess we interpreting it differently. Since he arrived, he's always said how much he likes playing in NY. He enjoys the toughness of playing in the Garden, the fans and the environment. He's always said it feels right and it feels like home. Before he made his decision he said he had goosebumps his first game as a Knick in NY. Said he never felt anything like that before.

Now take everything you said and think about it. 

Not saying this is a huge factor, but use everything you just said and think.

Digression for a second. The Knicks are in a good spot to rebuild. They have a new regime (Phil, etc) and the verdict is out on him especially since he's brand new to this, but he has clout. He can use that clout + the cap space + a high draft pick this year to put pieces around Melo. It doesn't necessarily have to be this summer. 2016 also has a lot of talent. They have recklessly overpaid players in the past, but it's new management and this new management has a ton of cap space to work with. However (sorry Knicks fans), what people forget is cap space means less these days with the new CBA. Players would rather sign with their old incumbent teams because of the salary difference. The CBA hinders teams specifically like the Knicks. 

Now with everything you said, not saying it's a huge factor, but imagine if a player was able to be a major part of establishing a winning franchise in NY. Imagine if that player brings them to the playoffs, gets deep in the playoffs, etc. Now imagine if that player can win a championship for NY. 

You say how all these players get overrated because they were once a Knick. Imagine if a player could get that team to win, and furthermore somehow brought a ring to that city. 

He'd get a statue next to the Statue of Liberty on his own man made island. 

It's the "mecca of basketball" yet the pro team sucks, the college teams suck, the high school teams suck and they produce overrated, shot happy point guards who also suck.

Can some explain to me why it's the mecca of basketball again?

its the mecca of basketball not the mecca of the NBA...

nobody said NYC is the mecca of the NBA....and the NBA doesn't define the mecca of basketball...

nyc is the mecca of basketball because in every corner of the city there are dudes who can SERIOUSLY HOOP...whether they make it or not, the collective skill is greater than any other city...

i've hooped in a lot of places and honestly you can go to any park in NYC and see and watch a dude who could of if he wasn't distracted by other things..

one time I was in queens hooping at kissina park, right by kissina blvd and parsons blvd...this one dude was hooping name Cesar, some spanish dude...i kid you not son would literally pull up from half court and make it 9/10...

its like son had a cheat code, nobody wanted to play against him anymore, they got pissed at him that he wasn't passing to anyone else...don't get it twisted he had handles and could get to the hoop...

literally...i asked son why he wasn't pursuing his talents, told me he had two kids and been in the drug game etc. etc...

there are some SERIOUS basketball players in New york, and their passion for the game is greater than any city OR STATE.

You have to win rings to be considered a storied franchise. Knicks get mentioned because a lot of historic

I guess we interpreting it differently. Since he arrived, he's always said how much he likes playing in NY. He enjoys the toughness of playing in the Garden, the fans and the environment. He's always said it feels right and it feels like home. Before he made his decision he said he had goosebumps his first game as a Knick in NY. Said he never felt anything like that before.

I was really only talking about the 1st part of your response, I'm aware why he stayed with the Knicks.

nobody said NYC is the mecca of the NBA....and the NBA doesn't define the mecca of basketball...

nyc is the mecca of basketball because in every corner of the city there are dudes who can SERIOUSLY HOOP...whether they make it or not, the collective skill is greater than any other city...

i've hooped in a lot of places and honestly you can go to any park in NYC and see and watch a dude who could of if he wasn't distracted by other things..

one time I was in queens hooping at kissina park, right by kissina blvd and parsons blvd...this one dude was hooping name Cesar, some spanish dude...i kid you not son would literally pull up from half court and make it 9/10...

its like son had a cheat code, nobody wanted to play against him anymore, they got pissed at him that he wasn't passing to anyone else...don't get it twisted he had handles and could get to the hoop...

literally...i asked son why he wasn't pursuing his talents, told me he had two kids and been in the drug game etc. etc...

there are some SERIOUS basketball players in New york, and their passion for the game is greater than any city OR STATE.

of basketball? :lol:

IT PRODUCES ****** NBA PLAYERS.

Dude it's arguable if NY high school talent is better than TORONTO.

Your passions is greater? How you measure that? You have largest population :lol:

People don't play basketball in chicago? DC? HOW ABOUT THE STATE OF INDIANA. Which produces more pro basketball players per capita BY A MILE.

Cmon son. :lol:

It's the "mecca of basketball" yet the pro team sucks, the college teams suck, the high school teams suck and they produce overrated, shot happy point guards who also suck.

Can some explain to me why it's the mecca of basketball again?

bruh....do you know what mecca means? use it in a sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom