The 2015 NBA Draft Thread: Draft Day Is Here

because team measurement that you see in the record books have historically been taken with shoes on.

If you want to compare players sizes over generations, they are shoes on stats, so I imagine the NBA wants to stay cionsistent, while providing shoes off for teams scouting purposes.

Interesting. But how stupid, at the same time.

Mario is such an interesting prospect. I love internationals man

Looks like a lesser deadly Peja with Rudy Fernandez type athleticism, yes get mad I'm comparing other Euros to him

Will that Porzingis go before Mario? Looks like they're projected to right by each other

Last edited:
What was the major focus of Towns' recent workout?

"It was primarily a shooting workout and he completely shot the lights out. Those people who didn't see him in high school might not necessarily know he can shoot it like that from NBA range, given the fact that he only took eight threes at Kentucky. But he hit 71 of 100 NBA threes. We haven't released video of that workout yet, but it will be out soon. He did everything from mid-range jumpers to NBA threes, both on the move and with his feet set, and it just shows that he's going to be a dynamic player in the NBA, because not only has his back-to-the-basket game developed so much at Kentucky, but again he's going to really shock people with his ability to stretch the defense.

"He can be used as a trailing big man, and he's legitimately a pick-and-pop threat in the NBA. Everyone that comes to Kentucky, everyone knows that players make sacrifices. That was the first thing that he said to me when we were in the gym: 'Hey, Rodger, I can still shoot the ball.' He said it with a smile on his face, but just like a lot of these guys playing in Kentucky's system, sometimes there is stuff they just don't show because that's not what is best for the team. I think that speaks a lot about these guys' character when they go there, that they're willing to make those sacrifices for the betterment of the team to achieve these goals and possibly win a national title."
http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...s-harrison-twins-rozier-prepare-nba/27195503/

Welp for NBA defenses.

Last edited:
2015 NBA Combine Preview, Schedule, Teams, Groupings and Analysis

Thursday Schedule

2:00 - 3:30
• Shooting Drills
• Strength and Agility Testing
2:30 – 4:00
• GAME: Team 1 vs. Team 2
4:00 – 5:30
• Shooting Drills
4:30 – 6:00
• GAME: Team 3 vs. Team 4

Friday Schedule

2:00 - 2:30
• Shooting Drills
2:30 – 4:00:
• GAME: Team 2 vs. Team 3
3:15 – 4:30
• Shooting Drills
4:30 – 6:00
• GAME: Team 1 vs. Team 4

NBA Combine Five on Five Teams

TEAM 1
Brandon Ashley
Ryan Boatright
Anthony Brown
Rakeem Christmas
George de Paula
Olivier Hanlan
Corey Hawkins
J.P. Tokoto
Aaron White

TEAM 2
Pat Connaughton
Quinn Cook
Treveon Graham
Richaun Holmes
Mouhammadou Jaiteh
Larry Nance
Terran Petteway
Terry Rozier
Dez Wells

TEAM 3
Branden Dawson
Michael Frazier II
Aaron Harrison
Jordan Mickey
Michael Qualls
Keifer Sykes
TaShawn Thomas
Marcus Thornton
Joseph Young

TEAM 4
T.J. McConnell
Andrew Harrison
Tyler Harvey
Jonathan Holmes
Vince Hunter
Norman Powell
Chasson Randle
Chris Walker
Alan Williams

"Physicals Only"

The following players will not be participating in any competitive action. Some may conduct non-contact drills (mostly shooting and ball-handling). All players will do measurements and athletic testing (unless they elect not to).

Justin Anderson
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
Stanley Johnson
Frank Kaminsky
Cameron Payne
Myles Turner
Rashad Vaughn
Justise Winslow
Christian Wood
Sam Dekker
Jerian Grant
R.J. Hunter
Tyus Jones
Kelly Oubre
Delon Wright
Cliff Alexander
Devin Booker
Willie Cauley-Stein
Dakari Johnson
Jarell Martin
Bobby Portis
Robert Upshaw
Montrezl Harrell
Trey Lyles
Chris McCullough
D'Angelo Russell
Kevon Looney
http://www.draftexpress.com/article...ew-Schedule-Teams-Groupings-and-Analysis-4952

Interesting. But how stupid, at the same time.

I mean is it? waht are they supposed to do?

When you go on basketball reference an search players over 6-9 averaged 5+ assists a game, the 6-9 is all with shoes on, so to keep these database comparisons consistent they gotta keep measuring with shoes on.

then you have to measure with shoes off to discourage rolling out there with platform shoes like Cole Aldrich did one year.

Future teammates? 
nerd.gif

That Chris Wood body fat number surprised me because of how frail he looks. He looks like the light just isn't turning on I hope he gets on a team that pushes him.

hope he goes to LA. i have 0 confidence in him to want him as a knick. just for some reason dont trust this guy to be as good as some of the other options.

hope he goes to LA. i have 0 confidence in him to want him as a knick. just for some reason dont trust this guy to be as good as some of the other options.
From everything we've seen of Mudiay and Russell, I'd take Russell. I feel the same way you do about Mudiay (just a feeling)

I thought that video was pretty cool, it seems like Russell is intelligent and is hungry to always prove himself. I like that. He doesn't seem like his focus will be on other things, at least for a while except basketball

What are the other options you are referring to Johnny?

Im on the D'Angelo Russell bandwagon. He has every skill to be successful and now that the league is filled with combo guards it only adds to his value of his "tweener" style

Nick you spelled O-K-A-F-O-R wrong. :lol:

Last edited:
I just feel more comfortable with KAT, Okafor and Winslow than him. Haven't seen enough of Mudiay to really form an opinion. Russell seems like a good kid, but Idk man, I just feel iffy on him.

i want Towns so bad...a 7' rim protector who can step out and shoot the 3?

gonna be unfair when he puts it all together

Definitely. You can't take Russell top 2. Winslow has a high floor because he can lock up defensively, I hate to question him but I do wonder about his offense. I think overall he has little chance to not be a contributor though. I would still take Russell 3rd overall, depending on the team

The fact that Russell can play 2 helps me come to this conclusion. If he was purely a point guard it'd be a different story

yeah Winslow is interesting. to me he's that x-factor type that's great for a winning team, but he may not be the guy you go to consistently when you need a basket. i like him on the knicks since he just has to do the little things next to melo.

Back
Top Bottom