THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@erupt107th, this will really get you then :lol:

Garnett will join Robert Parish and Kevin Willis as the only player to play 21 NBA seasons.

While Garnett's offense and durability have been noticeably deteriorating (he's 38 about to play in his 21st season, what do you expect) he still was a force on the defensive glass the last two seasons. Small Sample Size Hall of Fame, but still. Look at that [COLOR=#red]DRB%[/COLOR] the last two seasons (percentage of available defensive rebounds a player grabbed while he was on the floor).

View media item 1617665

Last edited:
IS KG a top 5 PF All-Time?

Dirk, Barkley, Garnett, Malone, Duncan... from 5 to 1.

Honorable mentions: Dolph Schayes, Bob Pettit, Bobby Jones, Tom Heinsohn, Jerry Lucas, Elvin Hayes, Kevin McHale. I just don't know, for some of those guys (not McHale, etc.) how you can factor in the size advantage some of them had over their competition, which is why I favor most guys who begin their careers in the 1980s.

Yahoo's Kelly Dwyer wrote this in 2009 about K.G., calling him the best defender of the last decade -

KG stands alone because he pitches nearly as many perfect games, while combining Tim Duncan's length and frame with a guard's ability to move his feet. Garnett has become a bit more showy about things after getting traded to the Boston Celtics, but his time spent toiling for those awful Minnesota teams prior to that -- and his years spent dominating on some solid-to-great Timberwolves teams prior to that -- were the work of a defensive genius. He just guarded everyone, every play, every feint, every drive, everything. And then he'd get the rebound. Pity that nobody seemed to be paying attention.

nerd.gif

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=okvujv6

Going back to his Lowe Post guest spot, I like how candid Redick is.
If you're referring to the one he did with Zach during AS weekend, then yeah I agree. That was dope. 

JJ one of the most underrated and valued players in the league to me. Love him. 

These pics are :smokin :smokin bro, got me all in my nostalgic feels tho :frown:

IS KG a top 5 PF All-Time?

Definitely :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom