The Brandon Jennings Thread (Will Be Updated Regularly)

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Forreal man LOL

Damn when did this happen? I never even heard of this.

Damn that would have been my man @ Zona next year too.......

�Fairly recenley....Read about it this week actually...
Peep it:

[h1]Brandon Jennings Not Cleared By NCAA For 2008 College Play[/h1]
ShareThis

May 21, 2008 11:45 a.m. EST

[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]

Jojo Doria - AHN

Mouth of Wilson, VA (AHN) - The nation's top-ranked high school player, Brandon Jennings, is required to retake the standardized test before being cleared to play college ball.

The 6-foot-1 point guard, who is committed to Arizona, will have to retake the standardized test he took when he arrived at Oak Hill. Jennings, first took the test when he was still at Compton Dominguez (Calif.) but did not fair well. His scores in Oak Hill improved dramatically prompting the NCAA to order a retake.

In order to legitimize his score, Jennings must do well in the retake to meet the NCAA requirements to be able to play college basketball. Jennings will have at least two more opportunities to prove his score is legitimate in case he fails in his first retake.

Jennings, who was named the 2008 Naismith National High School Basketball Players of the Year, averaged 35.5 points a game registering a total of 1,312 points. He broke the existing record for most points set by Calvin Duncan 27 years ago when scored 63 points in a 123-58 win over Bonner Academy (NC) setting the single game record high for Oak Hill. Jennings has also scored 40 points or more for eight times.

"Brandon is one of the quickest point guards to ever play for me," Oak Hill head basketball coach, Steve Smith told Oakhillhoops.com. "His presence and talent will truly be missed."

The last player who failed to meet the NCAA requirements from Oak Hill was Stephen Jackson who also signed with Arizona. Jackson spent one year in the junior college ranks before joining the NBA.
Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] 2003 - 2008 AHN - All rights reserved.
[h1]Nation's top recruit still not cleared by NCAA[/h1]
[h2]by Jeff Goodman[/h2]
Jeff Goodman is a senior college basketball writer for FOXSports.com. He can be reached at GoodmanonFOX@aol.com or check out his blog, Good 'N Plenty.

[h3]Updated: May 22, 2008, 12:26 PM EST 443 comments[/h3]add this RSS blog email print

The nation's top-ranked high school player still isn't eligible to play college ball.
[table][tr][td]
8159552_36_2.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Brandon Jennings has some work to do to become eligible for college play. (Joe Murphy/NBAE / Getty Images)[/td] [/tr][/table]
Brandon Jennings, the 6-foot-1 point guard who recently moved to the top of Scout.com's Class of 2008 rankings, has achieved the necessary qualifying score on his standardized test to meet NCAA requirements, but has not been cleared to play. Jennings is committed to Arizona.

"He hasn't qualified yet," Jennings' Oak Hill Academy coach Steve Smith told FOXSports.com.

According to sources close to the situation, Jennings originally took the standardized test back when he was at Compton Dominguez (Calif.) and scored poorly on it. Since his arrival at Oak Hill, there has been a dramatic jump in his test score.

The NCAA is requiring Jennings to take the test again as a way to legitimize his score. It is unclear exactly how well Jennings will have to do on his retake to satisfy the NCAA. Sources maintain that Jennings will have two more opportunities to prove his score was legitimate.

When reached by FOXSports.com, Arizona coach Lute Olson said he is unable to comment on academic issues related to recruits.

Ironically, the last player who didn't qualify out of Oak Hill was Stephen Jackson, who signed with Arizona and wound up having to spend one year in the junior college ranks before going to the NBA.

Whoa so he still hasnt gotten his scores?
[h2]by Jeff Goodman[/h2]
Jeff Goodman is a senior college basketball writer for FOXSports.com. He can be reached at GoodmanonFOX@aol.com or check out his blog, Good 'N Plenty.

[h3]Updated: May 22, 2008, 12:26 PM EST 443 comments[/h3]

The nation's top-ranked high school player still isn't eligible to play college ball.
[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]
Brandon Jennings, the 6-foot-1 point guard who recently moved to the top of Scout.com's Class of 2008 rankings, has achieved the necessary qualifying score on his standardized test to meet NCAA requirements, but has not been cleared to play. Jennings is committed to Arizona.

"He hasn't qualified yet," Jennings' Oak Hill Academy coach Steve Smith told FOXSports.com.

According to sources close to the situation, Jennings originally took the standardized test back when he was at Compton Dominguez (Calif.) and scored poorly on it. Since his arrival at Oak Hill, there has been a dramatic jump in his test score.

The NCAA is requiring Jennings to take the test again as a way to legitimize his score. It is unclear exactly how well Jennings will have to do on his retake to satisfy the NCAA. Sources maintain that Jennings will have two more opportunities to prove his score was legitimate.

When reached by FOXSports.com, Arizona coach Lute Olson said he is unable to comment on academic issues related to recruits.

Ironically, the last player who didn't qualify out of Oak Hill was Stephen Jackson, who signed with Arizona and wound up having to spend one year in the junior college ranks before going to the NBA.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dfresh244

Damn him and Brandon play almost identical
eek.gif

Seriously.

Jennings seems like he'd be a NYC type player too like a Kenny or Starbury or Telfair (HS).

Surprised he's not.

Originally Posted by allwhitenikes

next AI?......with dunking ability

Have you seen vintage AI? The man had rise. And BJ plays nothing like AI. They're both quick, but the Kenny Anderson comparison is on point.

does he have someone to pass to in Zona? sucks if he doesnt. his game is going to be the same (scoring PG) if he doesnt have someone who can feed off thoseassists.

The Kenny Anderson comparison is dead on, can't wait to see him play at 'Zona. He's going to be king in Tucson.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

The next Johnathan Hargrett

Nah. You talking about character wise?

Cause on the court, it isn't a contest....
I know he's more talented than Hargrett but Jennings is just giving me that "I'll never reach my potential/something ain't right withme" vibe.

Son doesn't wanna go to school
Son is clown on the court with all the antics

I love his game and respect the skills but for some reason I think in 5 years he'll be on the AND1 Tour and talking to young kids about the mistakes hetook in life. I hope he does become a great player in the NBA but my crystal ball doesn't see it.

He can't be compared to Kenny Anderson outa HS...(I understand, small, shifty lefties..)

But as far as how talented and good...

THAT IS AN INSULT

No way, no how.

One of the best HS players ever, and Nor will he come close to doin what Kenny did in college.

His freshman year? 20, 8 and 5...51% from the floor
sick.gif
...and a Final 4 trip

Don't look back at his NBA days...dude was incredible way back when.

The next Johnathan Hargrett

Nah. You talking about character wise?

Cause on the court, it isn't a contest....
I know he's more talented than Hargrett but Jennings is just giving me that "I'll never reach my potential/something ain't right with me" vibe.

Son doesn't wanna go to school
Son is clown on the court with all the antics

I love his game and respect the skills but for some reason I think in 5 years he'll be on the AND1 Tour and talking to young kids about the mistakes he took in life. I hope he does become a great player in the NBA but my crystal ball doesn't see it.

Hargett would have ripped Jennings apart. You're talking about somebody who was just as explosive and athletic (if not more) and a better shooter...notto mention he was built like an OX and not a buck 160 like Jennings.

Hargett would have ripped Jennings apart. You're talking about somebody who was just as explosive and athletic (if not more) and a better shooter...not to mention he was built like an OX and not a buck 160 like Jennings.

When did I say Brandon would win 1 on 1? I agree with you on that but as far as NBA level PG skills go I feel like Jennings was more to offer. Iknow about Hargett trust and believe but he wasn't the best guy to run a team.

Forreal man LOL

Damn when did this happen? I never even heard of this.

Damn that would have been my man @ Zona next year too.......

�Fairly recenley....Read about it this week actually...
Peep it:

[h1]Brandon Jennings Not Cleared By NCAA For 2008 College Play[/h1]
ShareThis

May 21, 2008 11:45 a.m. EST

[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]

Jojo Doria - AHN

Mouth of Wilson, VA (AHN) - The nation's top-ranked high school player, Brandon Jennings, is required to retake the standardized test before being cleared to play college ball.

The 6-foot-1 point guard, who is committed to Arizona, will have to retake the standardized test he took when he arrived at Oak Hill. Jennings, first took the test when he was still at Compton Dominguez (Calif.) but did not fair well. His scores in Oak Hill improved dramatically prompting the NCAA to order a retake.

In order to legitimize his score, Jennings must do well in the retake to meet the NCAA requirements to be able to play college basketball. Jennings will have at least two more opportunities to prove his score is legitimate in case he fails in his first retake.

Jennings, who was named the 2008 Naismith National High School Basketball Players of the Year, averaged 35.5 points a game registering a total of 1,312 points. He broke the existing record for most points set by Calvin Duncan 27 years ago when scored 63 points in a 123-58 win over Bonner Academy (NC) setting the single game record high for Oak Hill. Jennings has also scored 40 points or more for eight times.

"Brandon is one of the quickest point guards to ever play for me," Oak Hill head basketball coach, Steve Smith told Oakhillhoops.com. "His presence and talent will truly be missed."

The last player who failed to meet the NCAA requirements from Oak Hill was Stephen Jackson who also signed with Arizona. Jackson spent one year in the junior college ranks before joining the NBA.
Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] 2003 - 2008 AHN - All rights reserved.
[h2]by Jeff Goodman[/h2]

[h3]Updated: May 22, 2008, 12:26 PM EST 443 comments[/h3]add this RSS blog email print

[table][tr][td]
8159552_36_2.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Brandon Jennings has some work to do to become eligible for college play. (Joe Murphy/NBAE / Getty Images)[/td] [/tr][/table]

�I always thought he was just an attention %*%@%, turns out he's just stupid.

Back
Top Bottom