The College Basketball Post

READY FOR TONIGHT!!

Tried to get a last min flight down to KY to watch the game with a couple of the homies but couldn't get today or tomorrow off :smh:

Win or lose I'm happy Cal and this squad found a way to pull it all together when it counted the most. No one should question his coaching ability at this point, miss me with the tier 2 and Bo Ryan is better BS :smh: :lol:

Shout out to KOllie & UConn, nothing but respect for those guys and what they've been able to accomplish as well. Amazing run by both teams and hopefully tonight's game is another classic :smokin

READY FOR TONIGHT!!

Tried to get a last min flight down to KY to watch the game with a couple of the homies but couldn't get today or tomorrow off :smh:

Win or lose I'm happy Cal and this squad found a way to pull it all together when it counted the most. No one should question his coaching ability at this point, miss me with the tier 2 and Bo Ryan is better BS :smh: :lol:

Shout out to KOllie & UConn, nothing but respect for those guys and what they've been able to accomplish as well. Amazing run by both teams and hopefully tonight's game is another classic :smokin

Bo Ryan > Cal.

Still sticking with that argument, especially after Team Hoosiers aka Team White Bread aka the Arby's All-Americans were 1 lucky 3pt shot away from beating the Burger Boys. The only thing Cal has over Bo Ryan is his recruiting and the bags of money behind his machine.

Bo Ryan > Cal.

Still sticking with that argument, especially after Team Hoosiers aka Team White Bread aka the Arby's All-Americans were 1 lucky 3pt shot away from beating the Burger Boys. The only thing Cal has over Bo Ryan is his recruiting and the bags of money behind his machine.

heh.

Bo couldn't get the ball in his best players hands.

That's what happens when you are a conservative coach wedded to a system.

Bo system will always emphasize consistency over ceiling, and that puts him firmly in tier two.

Cal will suffer inconsistency to maximize the ceiling of his talent, this is why I'll take Cal over Bo 100 times out of 100 and as long as the Twins don't **** this up he's going to pick up a second title.

Last edited:
READY FOR TONIGHT!!

Bo Ryan > Cal.

Bo Ryan needs to start showing up to these Elite 8s, Final 4s, and National Championship games more often before I say he's a better coach than Cal. Bo couldn't even get Kaminsky the ball when it counted. His system is questionable, this isn't D3 ball. Yes, they won by 1 point but didn't Wisky just beat Zona by 1 pt? So does the score really matter?

I respect him, good coach but he isn't Cal.

Also, I love how you guys like to mention "bags of money" when it comes to Cal :lol: same ol' tired *** arguments.

Last edited:
^wisconsin did their thing. bo did a great coaching job this season and vs kentucky. harrison just hit a big time shot for the W.
it was obvious that everytime frank white kaminsky caught the ball there were multiple defenders with size and length on him and his teammates did their jobs by scoring. it wasnt frank's gm to take over because cal decided from the beginning to have others beat him.

Bo Ryan needs to start showing up to these Elite 8s, Final 4s, and National Championship games more often before I say he's a better coach than Cal. Bo couldn't even Kaminsky the ball when it counted. His system is questionable, this isn't D3 ball. Yes, they won by 1 point but didn't Wisky just beat Zona by 1 pt? So does the score really matter?

I respect him, good coach but he isn't Cal.

Also, I love how you guys like to mention "bags of money" when it comes to Cal :lol: same ol' tired *** arguments.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Where's there's smoke there's...

His track record speaks for himself tho. Both schools prior to his stop at Kentucky, there was funny business going on and sanctions brought down. He just happened to bolt from the scene before @#$% hit the fan.

Good coach but you have to be naive if you think he's leaving UK unscathed. Most coaches out there are probably guilty of some illegal @#$%, I just think it goes without saying that Cal is on some Queen Latifah in Set It Off type @#$% :lol:

Also

I should have know Sam Dekkar was from Wisconsin, the whole damn state runs this ridiculous Bo Ryan offense apparently, explains why with all that athleticism he's got no shake at all one on one.

Bronson Koenig AAu team is called the Wisconsin "Swing". after Bo Ryans swing offence, its like a cult of personality.

Last edited:
Cal don't even need to pay these kids which is the funny part, his position speaks for itself.

- Undefeated in the tournament since 2012
- By far the most lottery picks/first rounders since 2010, had guys go 1-2 in 2012
- wins over 70% of his games
- UK has the best facilities/fanbase in CBB

Why wouldn't you sign up for that as an elite prospect?

Cal don't even need to pay these kids which is the funny part, his position speaks for itself.

- By far the most lottery picks/first rounders since 2010, had guys go 1-2 in 2012

Exactly. So when he throws the racks on top of that it's a no brainer

dont eem have to take the SATs/ACTs :nerd:

Bo Ryan > Cal.

Wait, what? ...

Rooting for Kentucky tonight b/c my best friend is from there and I find John Calipari haters hilarious.

vince-calipari.gif

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Where's there's smoke there's...

His track record speaks for himself tho. Both schools prior to his stop at Kentucky, there was funny business going on and sanctions brought down. He just happened to bolt from the scene before @#$% hit the fan.

Good coach but you have to be naive if you think he's leaving UK unscathed. Most coaches out there are probably guilty of some illegal @#$%, I just think it goes without saying that Cal is on some Queen Latifah in Set It Off type @#$% :lol:
Cal is not afforded the protection that other coaches have been, namely Coach K, UNC academics, etc. Media and governing organizations pick and choose who they want to vilify. Simple as that. We all know players from our favorite programs have taken money just like Camby did. Let's not even get started on scholastic aptitude...:lol:. These guys are not brainiacs.

When you are the best people will hate. When you are the best and let others know they will want to bring you down. Comes with the territory.

I can remember playing on a team where we were shutting out our opponents and had almost finished the game with them not scoring a single point. In the last few second someone heaved the ball up and it rattled around and went in. The gymnasium went nuts. Did a shot by some player whose team is getting drubbed deserve to be cheered for wildly? Nope. They were cheering because we didn't get the shutout. Haters gonna hate.

heh.

Bo couldn't get the ball in his best players hands.

That's what happens when you are a conservative coach wedded to a system.

Bo system will always emphasize consistency over ceiling, and that puts him firmly in tier two.

Cal will suffer inconsistency to maximize the ceiling of his talent, this is why I'll take Cal over Bo 100 times out of 100 and as long as the Twins don't **** this up he's going to pick up a second title.
Anybody thats watched Wisconsin basketball for more than the past 3 weeks knows that Trae gets the ball when the game is on the line...hes hit big shots before, they got exactly what they wanted on that play..he got the shot off, he just missed it

Has absolutely nothing to do with a coach being wedded to a system, thats just slander...they werent TRYING to get the ball to Frankie...Trae hit the exact same shot against Michigan St at the buzzer with Gary Harris draped all over him

Coach did exactly what every one of yall said he couldnt do at Wisconsin with the system he runs..and they were a buzzer beater away from the national championship game for crying out loud...yet the same tired **** continues

Last edited:
Let's just say Marcus Lee came off the bench and looked like a ******* lottery pick after not playing all year. Kentucky's talent level is so much higher than everyone else. I think Cal is a great coach but he also has the luxury of **** like that. But on the college level recruiting is part of coaching and there has never been anybody better than him. So props.

But UCONN has two fringe NBA players while Kentucky has 6 or 7 definite league guys. Huge difference.

He played 2nd fiddle to Brandon throughout their recruitment, UK didn't even recruit him hard until the summer prior to his senior year too busy following BK around... The Bag wasn't worth his integrity... So he came to play for the GREATEST. :pimp:

Well BK was a priority because we needed his GPA...lol.

Too bad Kyrie was/is made of glass, coulda had a dominant freshman campaign.

Son was getting 17 and 4 on 50/40/90 in 27 mins per. :x

Back
Top Bottom