The College Basketball Post

Roy benefits from getting top recruits to return to school for more than one season year in and year out.

I read this like 5 times and I still don't get what your point was. I guess Duke didn't benefit from Nolan Smith, Scheyer and Singler coming back to school in 2010?

What average roster did K win a title with? :lol: This thread really has gone to ****.

The number 1 rated team on kenpom has won the chip, 9 out of 12 years.

That "average" duke roster was top 10 in both offense and defense, no team can boast that this year. If that squad was average what does it make this field of teams?

The number 1 rated team on kenpom has won the chip, 9 out of 12 years.

That "average" duke roster was top 10 in both offense and defense, no team can boast that this year. If that squad was average what does it make this field of teams?
I already said I meant average in terms of Duke/UNC talent level.

None of the main contributors on that team had a prayer in the league.

I can't see Roy winning a National Title without certified pros.

The rule of thumb is usually that a title team has 3 pros, no? 2010 surpasses that, regardless of what pro success they sustained.

I read this like 5 times and I still don't get what your point was. I guess Duke didn't benefit from Nolan Smith, Scheyer and Singler coming back to school in 2010?

You're pointing out 1 season. None of those guys were considered lottery-mid 1st round picks. Scheyer-undrafted, Singler-2nd round, Smith-First round pick only because of his senior season. Roy does a good job of talking guys into coming back. Barnes and Henson had no reason to come back. **** i remember him telling Barnes his feedback was that he wasn't even a guaranteed lottery pick after his freshman year which is
laugh.gif

Since '04

Barnes

Zeller

Henson

Hairston(returned,dismissed)

Hansbrough

Ellington

Lawson

Davis

McAdoo

All came back for 2-3 seasons(hansbrough graduating)

This tourney is anyone's game right now. Florida, Zona, L'Ville, MSU, Iowa State, scUM might could pull it off. DAMN!

Doubt he told Barnes that and I'm sure Barnes didn't believe it

But seeing duke being this mighty underdog that you're trying to make them is funny

Doubt he told Barnes that and I'm sure Barnes didn't believe it

But seeing duke being this mighty underdog that you're trying to make them is funny
Okay.

None of my statements have even touched on Duke aside from Smith, Scheyer, Singler not being guranteed first round picks/drafted so I'm just gonna assume that is directed at someone else

You're pointing out 1 season. None of those guys were considered lottery-mid 1st round picks. Scheyer-undrafted, Singler-2nd round, Smith-First round pick only because of his senior season. Roy does a good job of talking guys into coming back. Barnes and Henson had no reason to come back. **** i remember him telling Barnes his feedback was that he wasn't even a guaranteed lottery pick after his freshman year which is :lol:

Since '04

Barnes
Zeller
Henson
Hairston(returned,dismissed)
Hansbrough
Ellington
Lawson
Davis
McAdoo

All came back for 2-3 seasons(hansbrough graduating)

I mean, outside of Barnes and McAdoo no one came back as their stock was sky high. Don't really see your point. Henson wasn't an impact player as a frosh. Ty and Wayne had obvious limitations.

K's recruited better pro potential than Roy by far as of late and has nothing to show for it either.

That duke team was solid ...that's all I'm saying

And the coaching job Roy did with the squad this year was amazing....team only had 3 perimeter shooters and the best one didn't play one game ...

I mean, outside of Barnes and McAdoo no one came back as their stock was sky high. Don't really see your point. Henson wasn't an impact player as a frosh. Ty and Wayne had obvious limitations.

K's recruited better pro potential than Roy by far as of late and has nothing to show for it either.
Henson left as a junior, he would've been a lottery pick after his sophomore year, if i remember his stats were a little better aside from scoring.

I never said anything about recruiting/coaching. I just said that Roy has benefited from guys coming back that are first round picks.

and yes to address your point, K has landed better pro potential guys lately(hood,parker,kyrie, okafor) and hasn't had much to show for it. He did a damn good job last season getting to an elite 8 with injuries to 2 starters

I really wish we could have seen Hairston play this season, tbh.

He was entertaining as hell to watch last year.

Mannn defense would still be trash but they would have been amazing on offense. But he would have hurt Paiges development right?

..."And then there was 16."

Ain't Roy the best X and O coach in America? Or is he just a damn good recruiter/ motivator? Or does the UNC name sell itself?

Rooting for Kentucky, ISU, Wisconsin, and Michigan.

Everyone else can **** themselves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom