The Curious Case of Benjamin Button Movie Thread

Movie was very good and like everyone said too long....cool n funny thing to me was talib kweli was in the same showing as I LOL

Originally Posted by WHPH10

Really, NT?

I thought this movie sucked. When movies claim their plot is a "life-story", you don't expect to see the whole life. With this excessive, insistent crap, however, not one single detail was missed. I would not be surprised if they showed Benjamin getting potty-trained, smh. The movie failed to adhere to a point and was extremely spread out.

Also, it got pretty hackneyed when someone would die every 10 mins. And using Katrina was pretty banal imo as well.

2 out of 5 stars; would not recommend it.

I think if they cut out all the crap from the movie and focus a little more on the point, it would've been solid. I just don't see why they would have fillers in a three hour movie
eyes.gif

The circumstances probably reminded you of hurricane Katrina, but it was never specifically stated in the movie. It was just a strong hurricane in the Gulfof Mexico. Also, with a movie spanning an entire lifetime, of course there will be instances of death. Those are pretty significant events.

You say focus "a little more on the point." What is the "point?" Indulge me.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

Better than Dark Knight IMO.
nerd.gif
Is that saying much? am I the only one who did not like TDK?
TDK was good but pretty overrated. There's a reason why it hasn't been nominated for Best Picture.

So the movie is overrated because it wasn't nominated for Best Picture?
laugh.gif

If he was an old baby in the beginning of the movie and his body grew as time went on, he should have been a giant baby at the end of the movie.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

nerd.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Is that saying much? am I the only one who did not like TDK?[/color]
TDK was good but pretty overrated. There's a reason why it hasn't been nominated for Best Picture.

laugh.gif

When imdb.com has it ranked 4th all time behind both Godfathers and Shawshank, then yes.

If he was an old baby in the beginning of the movie and his body grew as time went on, he should have been a giant baby at the end of the movie.

That would be kind of hard to display.

Really, NT?

I thought this movie sucked. When movies claim their plot is a "life-story", you don't expect to see the whole life. With this excessive, insistent crap, however, not one single detail was missed. I would not be surprised if they showed Benjamin getting potty-trained, smh. The movie failed to adhere to a point and was extremely spread out.

Also, it got pretty hackneyed when someone would die every 10 mins. And using Katrina was pretty banal imo as well.

I think if they cut out all the crap from the movie and focus a little more on the point, it would've been solid. I just don't see why they would have fillers in a three hour movie
eyes.gif

The circumstances probably reminded you of hurricane Katrina, but it was never specifically stated in the movie. It was just a strong hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico. Also, with a movie spanning an entire lifetime, of course there will be instances of death. Those are pretty significant events.

They show Hurricane Katrina on the TV within the first 20 minutes of the movie. And outside of a bunch of old people dying in a nursing home of the spanof 20 years, who else died? And don't mention the captain and those on the Chelsea during WWII.

And those "fillers" are called characterizations, to help develop the character of Benjamin Button and the rest of the cast. And to give this movie 2out of 5 stars, you are missing the brilliance of this movie and the symbolism.

I'm not trying to disect the movie or get into the math and what not. This was a great movie. A great story. I'm glad they showed him go all the wayback to a baby. I got chocked up a few times. At the end when they showed all the people he met on his journey. Pifferey!

Movie goers are such a cynical bunch nowadays, i swear they need a punch in the larynx. I guess it's human nature, no matter how beautiful or masterfulsomething is, someone will dissect it to pieces. This was a great movie, a great year for film overall.

I loved the movie. Really well done. The man who continuously was hit by lightning was funny. And the way that Brad Pitt looked when he was around early20's...Wow. Great CGI.

saw it today. great movie. the parts where the guy's like "i got struck by lightning 7 times.."
laugh.gif

what's weird is that i don't recall seeing all 7 of them. can't remember.
1. in the middle of the field
2. driving his car
3. walking his dog
4. standing along a fence
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?

Originally Posted by bohrdom

saw it today. great movie. the parts where the guy's like "i got struck by lightning 7 times.."
laugh.gif

2. driving his car
3. walking his dog
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?

Picking up his mail and a couple others. Did he even say all seven times?

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

nerd.gif
Is that saying much? am I the only one who did not like TDK?

laugh.gif
When imdb.com has it ranked 4th all time behind both Godfathers and Shawshank, then yes.

That would be kind of hard to display.

Really, NT?

eyes.gif

The circumstances probably reminded you of hurricane Katrina, but it was never specifically stated in the movie. It was just a strong hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico. Also, with a movie spanning an entire lifetime, of course there will be instances of death. Those are pretty significant events.

They show Hurricane Katrina on the TV within the first 20 minutes of the movie. And outside of a bunch of old people dying in a nursing home of the span of 20 years, who else died? And don't mention the captain and those on the Chelsea during WWII.

And those "fillers" are called characterizations, to help develop the character of Benjamin Button and the rest of the cast. And to give this movie 2 out of 5 stars, you are missing the brilliance of this movie and the symbolism.

So they did mention it specifically? I stand corrected, I forgot that detail. Co-sign on everything you said.

They never said it directly, but it's on the TV, Hurrican Katrina warning. Then like the next scene the nurse comes in and says it's passing througheverything will be ok.

Originally Posted by djaman

laugh.gif

2. driving his car
3. walking his dog
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?

The first one was on his roof

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Originally Posted by djaman

laugh.gif

2. driving his car
3. walking his dog
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?

The first one was on his roof

There was 6 in all. You guys got 5 of them. The last one was in the ending when he was reflecting over the people he met throughtout his life.

************SPOILERS**************

Movie of the year in my opinion. The movie was focusing more on Cate Blanchett's character because she's the one who's truly experiencing life,while Benjamin was the one observing it and trying to make sense of it all as he aged backwards. Here to say is that the message from the movie is to let usknow that "time" can never be stopped and life is too short, were we all should achieve true passion in life which is happiness. (Benjamin'sintro message and end message)

I enjoyed it but got antsy after the first HOUR and he was still an old man !

Good movie overall

I wanna know who played the old new born version of him..lil dude was comedy in his chair trying to be kid.

Spencer Daniels ... Benjamin - Age 12

Chandler Canterbury ... Benjamin - Age 8
Charles Henry Wyson ... Benjamin Button - Age 6

Just seen it today with my girl, it was a really good movie.

Really enjoyed it and it was really sad near the end.

They never said it directly, but it's on the TV, Hurrican Katrina warning. Then like the next scene the nurse comes in and says it's passing through everything will be ok.
They did mention it specifically on the news at the very end.... and....

some people were born to sit by a river, some get struck by lightning, some have an ear for music, some are artists, some swim, some know buttons, some knowshakespeare, some are mothers, and some people dance
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Much Respected

JohnnyRedStorm wrote:

They never said it directly, but it's on the TV, Hurrican Katrina warning. Then like the next scene the nurse comes in and says it's passing through
everything will be ok.
They did mention it specifically on the news at the very end.... and....

some people were born to sit by a river, some get struck by lightning, some have an ear for music, some are artists, some swim, some know buttons, some know
shakespeare, some are mothers, and some people dance
happy.gif

just reading it is powerful

Saw it a few days ago. Pretty good movie.

Y'all acting like it was the best movie ever, though. It was good, but damn.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom