** The Diadora Thread ** - Concepts "Rat Pack" N9000

Hype kills...I think Concepts knocked it out of the park with this collab. But I just don't want to deal with the limited nature of this shoe and all the hypebeasts and every d bag who thinks he's a reseller trying to profit off these. That's what sucks about the sneaker world today, everyone is in it for the money and to screw the next guy over. I'm sure these will be hard to come by and a tough release.
By the time you're done camping, you're like this

How are the Boston lineups versus the NYC popup lineups?  Anyone been to both?
Just comparing the NY release to Boston for the last two hyped releases, they did bracelts for the Tea Party's and Grails in Boston. They really need a second register in Boston but I have never had any issues with Boston releases. Not trying to throw shade but it's usually the NY people that ruin it IE Three Lies release. Having the NY pop-up shop has been the greatest thing to happen to Boston lines.

Last edited:
Wow 220 shipped is a tough one to swallow, hope that deters some folks.

Really hope i'm able to score next week..

was already expecting the price to be around $215-220 so im cool with that. passed on all releases this past weekend except the West Sauconys for these

Last edited:
These cnpts diadoras are crazy nice.  I hope all the resellers are still butthurt from the nike sb release and sit this one out.
You were at the New York popup weren't you? Damn thing was a travesty. I was a jackass to everyone for about a week after that.

Lmao threegees you're the contrarian though. I dig it, but your taste is very different than most. You and Blackirish03 and sneakergrandpa are always way out there grabbing obscure sleepers.
Nah I like the same things most people like. I don't know but I was just expecting more from them. Not saying I don't like them but just not blown away.

You were at the New York popup weren't you? Damn thing was a travesty. I was a jackass to everyone for about a week after that.

Hahaha, I wasn't there but knew a few people who were and followed along on Twitter too. I checked out online when they dropped at like noon and the Twitter resellers were so mad when they didn't immediately sell out online and were trying to cancel orders. The people I knew in line were there til like 6pm or something that evening.

I hope they have enough of these to go around like they did the SBs, I'd love for another easy concepts cop but won't hold my breath.

I think there will be more than 200. Since these are a concepts exclusive ala the tannery...then that means concepts is getting the complete allocation. My guess is closer to 1000 pairs which still isn't a lot.. Weren't there close to 1000 pairs of purple tapes at the sob pop up?
View media item 1729214

Quote:

Buying from them is a pain because they don't accept PayPal. When I bought the LCS "Rose" from them last year I had to do a wire transfer, which required physically going to the bank and paying $30 to do the transfer. They charged a lot for shipping, used crappy shipping boxes that got destroyed, and used the cheapest service they could find. I ended up paying way more than I should have for those shoes ($250). So just know that even if you are able to buy from them and if a $170 shoe costs $250, then a $200 shoe will probably cost $280 and at that point you could probably just pay resell and and not have the headache.

I am just going to keep my eyes open for the WW release but I don't have my hopes up on this one.
I kind of like how they run their store and that it is a mostly instore-only business. Whenever I'm in Barcelona, which is about once a year, I go there and you always find some release that is sold out in most other shops. I respect that they're trying to cater for their regular customers rather sell everything they get in under a minute online.

I like them but I have 3 pairs of all red or close to all red shoes (KD lifestyles...yeah i know, Ronnie Fieg Pony M110, Frank the Butcher Forum Hi's).  Might be a little too much, won't be able to rock all of them.  And I rock 100% of my shoes, try to wear them all every 2 months (while taking the fall/winter aside during the summer and the summer kicks out during the winter)
That's the only issue I have with the B.Elites. I have the NB Flying the Flag 1500s and the FP x Consortium Edberg 86s, which are fairly similar colorwise, and I don't wear either of those very often because they're so flashy. I still might try for the B.Elites rather than the Castellers or Concepts though because I already have two N9000 collabs and I rather go for different models than get ten cws of the same model. Qualitywise they look amazing in those pictures and if they're as good as my Saturday Specials they'll be worth getting.
I think there will be more than 200. Since these are a concepts exclusive ala the tannery...then that means concepts is getting the complete allocation. My guess is closer to 1000 pairs which still isn't a lot.. Weren't there close to 1000 pairs of purple tapes at the sob pop up?
I also reckon there are more than 200 pairs. Even the first Patta collab had about 250 as far as I know. But of course they might have 200 pairs at Concepts and another couple of hundreds sold at other spots that get Diadora collabs. 1000 pairs seems like a high estimate to mee, though.

Last edited:

Quote:

I kind of like how they run their store and that it is a mostly instore-only business. Whenever I'm in Barcelona, which is about once a year, I go there and you always find some release that is sold out in most other shops. I respect that they're trying to cater for their regular customers rather sell everything they get in under a minute online.

That's the only issue I have with the B.Elites. I have the NB Flying the Flag 1500s and the FP x Consortium Edberg 86s, which are fairly similar colorwise, and I don't wear either of those very often because they're so flashy. I still might try for the B.Elites rather than the Castellers or Concepts though because I already have two N9000 collabs and I rather go for different models than get ten cws of the same model. Qualitywise they look amazing in those pictures and if they're as good as my Saturday Specials they'll be worth getting.

I also reckon there are more than 200 pairs. Even the first Patta collab had about 250 as far as I know. But of course they might have 200 pairs at Concepts and another couple of hundreds sold at other spots that get Diadora collabs. 1000 pairs seems like a high estimate to mee, though.
The reason why I guess close to 1000 pairs is because they aren't being released anywhere else in the states or overseas at a later date... So Concepts will have the entire stock produced, which I would assume would be a lot more stock then the Euro/Asian shop collabs. Concepts is arguably the biggest (both exposure and money wise) shop to drop a collab...more funds = higher opportunity to produce more pairs. 

Back
Top Bottom