The Fishing Thread, ANY ANGLERS ON NT ?!

Bro they really don’t fight worth a damn. :lol:

I got some buck hair jigs coming. I need to grab some of the grub style plastics too.

The river is only like 9ft where I fish but there’s good slack water all over. I’m gonna see if I can find a depth chart and find a hole.

leave work because it’s too cold and go fish 🤫

IMG_1055.jpeg
IMG_1053.jpeg

Yeah I’ve heard of it. I’ve never done it though. I never target catfish but I might start. The homie catches 50 pound beasts.

Them cats be eating whatever. Idk why they like that raw meat so much.

I stopped soaking for catfish a while ago tho forreal. Rather target specific species.

Yeah I’m bass and trout.

I wouldn’t be against grabbing a catfish setup to let soak while I’m bass fishing but the problem is I’m always on the move.

went catfishing with my dad one time when I was young

Never really went again. After getting older and finding out what they eat (basically garbage / anything) Im good lol

I will order fried catfish sometimes tho when im out

fishing for catfish seems kinda blah to me because it doesn’t seem like they fight that hard. even big ones look like hauling in heavy deadweight.

I’ve only caught channel cats but they pack a 🥊

I think they are different though. They’ll hit swim baits and stuff aggressive fish only it.

Decided to check out my summer spot, since my license expires in 2 days. I hate winter trout fishing man. Cold. Rainy. Can’t use bait in this part of the river. Everything is wet so you can’t just sit on a rock and chill unless you pack lots of waterproof gear.

Anyways, my spots are mostly underwater. Only bite I’ve had in this rainbow. Might go hit up the lake if I have time.

IMG_3101.jpeg

IMG_3104.jpeg

Man I’d like to get out to these parts of nature some day.

I don’t think it’d be as exciting as inshore fishing but seems challenging and relaxing. The views alone would do it.

We’ll see if the hookup ratio changes. Ditched all the belly hooks since all they do is snag and went single on the tail for less snags.

I’ve never caught a trout with the belly hook and treble is a pita

IMG_1344.jpeg

We’ll see if the hookup ratio changes. Ditched all the belly hooks since all they do is snag and went single on the tail for less snags.

I’ve never caught a trout with the belly hook and treble is a pita

IMG_1344.jpeg

Man let us know how it goes for sure. I’ve always felt that a treble belly hook and tail hook were waaaaay OD but just chalked it up to me being inexperienced. Lost about 50-leven of them thangs in 2023!

Man let us know how it goes for sure. I’ve always felt that a treble belly hook and tail hook were waaaaay OD but just chalked it up to me being inexperienced. Lost about 50-leven of them thangs in 2023!

I’ll let you know.

Yeah they suck, nothing worse than seeing a fish in a log pile and hooking the log and blowing the whole spot first cast.

I got the idea from seeing guys in Japan run a similar setup

IMG_1351.jpeg
IMG_1357.jpeg
@calibeebee id say go for it. I got 5 fish today vs 1 last time. They were more active though.

I didn’t lose a single fish once I was actually hooked up. Also more confidence to cast by logs and stuff since you won’t snag.

You also will never convince me a single with a micro barb does more damage than a barbless treble after using both.

All 12+ except one today. Not so bad for where I fish.

less than 2 months away from opening day of trout here in NEPA. Need to order a new vest and waders, Sliced my waders last year during the fall. They were 5+ yo so Its all good. Vest was only 2, dicks sporting goods having junk out. I gave my girl my childhood one and it still holds up. Any links to a decent one?

I’m thinking about upgrading my waders this year too. Got a tiny leak at the boot line. Just leave my pant leg wet after a day out.

Looking for some with some more comfortable boots too.

this is my setup, it's the cheapest they make but I'm on 4 or 5 years and still going strong. if they leak I'm just getting the same ones. I'm not dropping a grand on waders. I go through all sorts of nasty stuff too like buckthorn and climb down trees.

waders

boots

the boots are good, if I upgrade I'll get some boa ones though because I'm sick of laces coming undone.

Back
Top Bottom