The Fishing Thread, ANY ANGLERS ON NT ?!

we were collecting moss for a school project when my son spotted a nice bass in a small section of a river. went back with the pole and some lures but no bite. so….we went back with a net and after some running around we caught it for a pic and released it. not really fishing fishing but still a really fun time 😂

IMG_8816.jpeg

That’s a tank, I can’t believe he netted that.

You guys should go up there with some light tackle, in line spinners and Ned rigs will do the trick.

Creek fishing is a lot of fun, especially with ones that size. That’s huge for a creek.

I been seeing saltwater fly fishing videos lately and I wanna try it.

These old guys around the area fly fish for reds and trout and even flounder and always post crazy numbers on FB.

I looks like fun, it looks more appealing than fly fishing for trout to me.

Speaking of my boy went to Texas and only had trout gear and got a ton of reds. So many he was giving them away to the locals and they were like who tf fishes for them like this? :lol:

He was tossing tiny in line spinners and micro rapalas. :lol:

I went to for trout today but the conditions sucked. 40mph winds and a bring *** sun caught nothing.
IMG_1403.jpeg

Last edited:
My trout fishing spot is snowed in and iced over and will be for a few more months I think

But I got my license and wanna make it a point to get out there this year.

Tried to go on my first ever steelhead outing last weekend. We just had a huge rainstorm so I guess the rivers were flood warning level. Apparently that’s not good conditions so we’ll try again this weekend probably.

Steelhead are just big trout right? Just need bigger gear but similar tactics im assuming? Gonna be fishing off the banks, not in a boat.

They’re rainbow trout that go in the ocean or Great Lakes.

I’ve gone a bunch and never got one. They like to use bigger gear for them but I wouldn’t blow a bunch of money for one outing.

I know they like spinners and spawn sacs. My buddy catches them on rapalas.

Good luck! Must frustrating thing I’ve ever fished for. :lol:

Steelhead is cheap salmon to me when at the grocery store :lol:

Spoke to a butcher once who said most don’t buy steelhead because they don’t recognize the name.. so prices are usually pretty reasonable and low. Love it.

Steelhead fishery is trash in superior by me. Lake Michigan is way better but I’m 5 hours from it.

Look up addicted fishing on YouTube. Dude is from pnw and has lots of info

Good luck bredda.

I feel the air changing round here and inshore fishing gonna be picking up nice real soon.

Just had a son so I know I won’t be able to be out like I used to yet. But wild excited to take him out and teach him the water when he’s older.

I was just hoping not to get skunked cold water temps and all for bass.

I was stoked once I heard the drag peeling. :pimp:

That’s how it goes. :lol:

Then sometimes you find some spots that look whatever holding big fish.

IMG_1457.jpeg

was burning out on my drag like a hemi.
What’d ya catch him on

The only LMB I’ve caught was on a top water frog :pimp:

It was so awesome seeing that top water bite but I never was able to dial down a consistent way to catch em

Have heard of many different ways but never get anything on the line when I tried em.

Back
Top Bottom