The Get Down: Netflix Original

Son that church was filmed right on Burnside and Jerome....lmaoooooo show made me feel proud of my **** borough....I was born in the 80's but I still remember a time when the BX was still SLUMS.

pass by that street occasionally on my way to fordham to shop, it definitely hearkens back to when i was a lil tike visiting my uncle in da South Bronx, and his building being da only 1 standing on da whole block.

good series thus far...i love da weaving of OG footage with da shot scenes... they even "age it" in montage scenes so it can mesh well.

Last edited:
also i wanna point how how da series highlights da scarcity of early hiphop music back in da days, when i was young Hot 97 didn't play hiphop music other than Friday nights and it was for maybe a hour or so.

those street tapes were definitely a commodity.

this era also highlights da world before Sony invented da walkman. so people didn't just sit aimlessly around in their bubble with headphones on. boom boxes were king.

The fact that my boy Shaolin Fantastic was a d boy, boy toy, graffiti artist & DJ all at same time is funny.

I feel like somewhere down the line he is going to end up dead. The way the main character is rapping in the future towards the beginning of every episode makes it seem like most of the crew will end up having something negative happen to them.   

I'm ready to see my wifey Mylene 
pimp.gif

How's everybody liking it so far?
I have 2eps left of The Missing then I'll watch pt2 of S1 of this.

It's only 6eps, I might finish by morning. Other than lawn work and replacing some fence posts, my whole day is clear.

Just finished the season.

Mylene my butterscotch queen

Trying to take it all in. Any word if there will be 2?

Back
Top Bottom