The Graphic Design Thread UPDATE: 1st post filled with info. 2nd with NTer's portfolios.

Can anyone tell me the best way or tutorial to learn graphic design and how to use photoshop basics?

I know that feel calypso chanta calypso chanta I just finished studying and I've been slacking too. So hard to find a job during the holiday period down here. I'm gonna try to be more active in this thread from now on

I'll start posting up some more work. Gotta snap out of that mindset. Some of my proffessors were brutal with the feedback, so that kind of threw me off.

Peeped your site, good stuff! The Allergy Book and that Senior Show Poster are :smokin
Identity assignment. Had to re-create a logo for the city of my choice.

View media item 691965
View media item 691967

@saNTI0321 Thanks for the kind words bruh, I preciate cha. Yeah crits are tough when you get fisted :smh: :lol: It makes you stronger tho so just keep trucking.

Your tokyo identity mark is pretty cool, I could easily tell the building that you referenced in Tokyo.

The horizontal rule that separates the english from the japanese is rounded at the ends. Every other line in the mark is a hard edge, so I would consider making it square instead of rounded for consistency.

Also I'm curious about the type choice and the reasoning for the different font weights for the japanese, english and the icon. To clarify, the stroke on the line in the circle is different from the stroke weight in the english type, which is different from the rule, which is different from the japanese.

I'm not sure how much room you'll have for kerning, the word Tokyo is pretty hard to do with all caps unless you widen it up. But maybe play with it, i'm probably wrong. lol

TOKYO - T O K Y O

Keep up the good work!

I know that feel calypso chanta calypso chanta I just finished studying and I've been slacking too. So hard to find a job during the holiday period down here. I'm gonna try to be more active in this thread from now on

@Mitchellicious I know man, it's a struggle. :smh:

Last edited:
@saNTI0321 Thanks for the kind words bruh, I preciate cha. Yeah crits are tough when you get fisted :smh: :lol: It makes you stronger tho so just keep trucking.

Your tokyo identity mark is pretty cool, I could easily tell the building that you referenced in Tokyo.

The horizontal rule that separates the english from the japanese is rounded at the ends. Every other line in the mark is a hard edge, so I would consider making it square instead of rounded for consistency.

Also I'm curious about the type choice and the reasoning for the different font weights for the japanese, english and the icon. To clarify, the stroke on the line in the circle is different from the stroke weight in the english type, which is different from the rule, which is different from the japanese.

I'm not sure how much room you'll have for kerning, the word Tokyo is pretty hard to do with all caps unless you widen it up. But maybe play with it, i'm probably wrong. lol

TOKYO - T O K Y O

Keep up the good work!

pretty much...

good work @Santi

Posting for later.

I'm a photographer, I get a lot of clients requesting design work, whether it be flyers, logo design, etc. I have both Ps and Ai on my computer. I gotta learn the basics and try to put some things together.

Also, if anyone here can help redesign my site www.theopticool.com, PM me. Wouldn't mind throwing out some bread on good work, and getting a nice port section.

Anyone have any experience with ordering a screwpost bound portfolio book?

I really wanna get one of these joints
http://www.pinazangaro.com/product/...on-books.html?product_type=presentation-books

Yea. I got mine off of Blick's Art Supplies. The black one though. They're solid. Just make sure you order enough sleeves/extension for what you need. I bought the one where I can just print out and slip in an 11" x 17" sheet of paper.

They're nice and convenient and can bring them anywhere.

I say get a flat color and then get the cover laser etched with your logo/name/face

Can anyone tell me what the official "style" of this kind of photo manipulation is?? I forgot...

View media item 729151

It's a layering effect. I am sure you can just photoshop it but you can also achieve it with a DLSR that has that feature. Usually you shoot the portrait in direct light and then shoot some sort of landscape in normal light.

These are examples of it:

nature1_mini.jpg
double-exposure-7.jpg
double-exposure-239.jpg

Can anyone tell me what the official "style" of this kind of photo manipulation is?? I forgot...

View media item 729151

It's a layering effect. I am sure you can just photoshop it but you can also achieve it with a DLSR that has that feature. Usually you shoot the portrait in direct light and then shoot some sort of landscape in normal light.

These are examples of it:

nature1_mini.jpg
double-exposure-7.jpg
double-exposure-239.jpg

These are awesome!

I'm gonna have to try that out

Thank you my good man. The "Double Exposure" effect is what exactly i was trying to remember....

Love when the NT homies come through in the clutch. 
nthat.gif

Here's some random stuff i made playing around with adobe illustrator. Obviously not as pro as all of you.

i saw someone post a similar photoshop on a sports blog, but it did not show Curry's whole body. I wanted Curry's whole body in it so i attempted this on illustrator. I'm hoping to put it on a black tee.

View media item 761634

This is a quick logo i came up for a highschool Polynesian club my sister is a part of. Hopefully they put in on the club's hoodies and shirts.

View media item 761635

Back
Top Bottom