THE LEBRON 13 THREAD *Elites released**Command Force 6/11/16

What is funny to me is that how come nobody thinks of where our purchase dollars go? Ok so Nike produces said shoe for it's minimal production costs, once a store purchases inventory, Nike gets paid. FTL or whoever can sell at retail, below retail, whatever they want to do in order to move units. They lose profit not Nike.

So now if these shoes also hit outlets...they are Nike OWNED outlets, so while they are still selling below retail, chances are pairs are moving very well. So now Nike is blowing through sales numbers under MSRP, but obviously well above production or wholesale costs to retailers, but now Nike is making ALL that money back, not just a portion of it.

So while the community might say the 13's are whack, Nike is always going to be making money. Sure we win with lower prices, outlet releases, etc...but don't kid yourselves...Nike is hardly flopping with anything. Less promo/marketing on a Bron model...less money SPENT on marketing...still winning for Nike.

"Flame suit on"

Last edited:
What is funny to me is that how come nobody thinks of where our purchase dollars go? Ok so Nike produces said shoe for it's minimal production costs, once a store purchases inventory, Nike gets paid. FTL or whoever can sell at retail, below retail, whatever they want to do in order to move units. They lose profit not Nike.

So now if these shoes also hit outlets...they are Nike OWNED outlets, so while they are still selling below retail, chances are pairs are moving very well. So now Nike is blowing through sales numbers under MSRP, but obviously well above production or wholesale costs to retailers, but now Nike is making ALL that money back, not just a portion of it.

So while the community might say the 13's are whack, Nike is always going to be making money. Sure we win with lower prices, outlet releases, etc...but don't kid yourselves...Nike is hardly flopping with anything. Less promo/marketing on a Bron model...less money SPENT on marketing...still winning for Nike.

"Flame suit on"

True. Also, realistically, how much money does it cost to make a pair of Lebrons? Let's say, just for whatever it's 10 bucks to make a pair of Lebrons. If that pair of shoes is heavily discounted at 100 dollars and selling......Are they flopping or "losing" money?

might be $10 to make, but thats like saying how much does a PS4 game cost to make? a few cents? its not just making it, its development, group of designers, tech etc.

Last edited:
I think what's being said is true. However the discussion wasn't about Nike flopping nor making money. It's was the design of the Lebron 13 that wasn't hitting. Sure we all know Nike is always gonna make money. Why do yall think the profit margin is set so high on signature shoes. These 10-15-20 percent discounts from Footlocker and the rest of these stores don't phase their profits. Even at outlet their still making a couple dollars...

But don't kid yourselves either. Nike and retailers don't make as much as we think. This is a review I stumbled upon several months ago. It's pretty drawn out but very detailed and informative. If yall have time read the break down of how everybody gets paid. It's discuss everything from big companies profit, to top athletes/celebrity endorsements...even outlets...

https://www.solereview.com/what-does-it-cost-to-make-a-running-shoe/

^^^ That's a l thing from someone on Instagram. I don't know if the same person on Instagram is the person that posted it, but it's interesting.

alsa2009 alsa2009

Fantastic article thank you for posting. Extra info, I know that there is more to Nike's profit than what I originally stated but it was just to get the thought juices going. However looking at $5 profit for a $100 shoe multiplied by say a 300k production run...but bills gotta get paid.

But as for the 13 design. Probably yes not very well received by US here on NT, especially based on how some of us feel about the 9's, 10's etc... But stil far from a flop. If it is among the top selling BBall shoes this year it's not all bad (visually I like but when they are on they are not to my liking and uncomfortable) and people are buying whether at retail or below...mostly below. But while the sneaker culture EXPLODED a few years ago and has since died down a little, the average consumer is more aware of the culture, pricing, etc...so even though it might not be as popular, getting a true Sneakerhead feel on things gets difficult with a more diluted base to pool info from.

alsa2009 alsa2009

Fantastic article thank you for posting. Extra info, I know that there is more to Nike's profit than what I originally stated but it was just to get the thought juices going. However looking at $5 profit for a $100 shoe multiplied by say a 300k production run...but bills gotta get paid.

But as for the 13 design. Probably yes not very well received by US here on NT, especially based on how some of us feel about the 9's, 10's etc... But stil far from a flop. If it is among the top selling BBall shoes this year it's not all bad (visually I like but when they are on they are not to my liking and uncomfortable) and people are buying whether at retail or below...mostly below. But while the sneaker culture EXPLODED a few years ago and has since died down a little, the average consumer is more aware of the culture, pricing, etc...so even though it might not be as popular, getting a true Sneakerhead feel on things gets difficult with a more diluted base to pool info from.

No prob... glad you took the time to read it. This article change my views. I guess we all thought companies made a huge profit off of a pair of shoes.

I think what's being said is true. However the discussion wasn't about Nike flopping nor making money. It's was the design of the Lebron 13 that wasn't hitting. Sure we all know Nike is always gonna make money. Why do yall think the profit margin is set so high on signature shoes. These 10-15-20 percent discounts from Footlocker and the rest of these stores don't phase their profits. Even at outlet their still making a couple dollars...
Bingo! Nike definitely gon' eat (and shareholders) but these are definitely flops in the consumers eyes, sneakerhead eyes, and anybody who got eyes...  the 13s were/are the sneaker version of the cooties

side note- in my culture we use the word "flop" liberally... 

if a party is wack, it flop ...  if the chicken not spicy enough, it flop 
laugh.gif

not worth the time to post how many cats did their homework while tossin round thier OPINIONS. FACTS on NT are as frequent as unicorns in the front yard

View media item 2152760

so since these 13's were such flop, whats that make the rest on the list ?

PERFORMANCE :smokin

hope EVERYBODY HATES the 14's so they can be gotten sub hundid !!!!

View media item 2152763

Wait.. Jordan Horizons were considered performance shoes?

Exactly. Sure the Owners, CEOs and the other white collars will get a smaller bonus they still make profit as a company but the stock owners, like me, will lose a few dollars per share as Nike won't hit their forecasted earnings and has missed their last few. Good time to jump on both Nike and adidas stock IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted those too. I meant the yellowing and dirt attraction cause me to stop at one. Those and the Easters are dope to me.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted those too. I meant the yellowing and dirt attraction cause me to stop at one. Those and the Easters are dope to me.
but that's the beauty of the F13s, even if they yellow, or more like when they do yellow, they'll look like Jason at the end of the movie
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom