The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

I agree with you

But he still deserved his shot

It was Justin’s choice and probably got paid well but I feel like they forced him in there because of how they schedule their events

I’m done with the old guard at 155. Tired of seeing them in title fight tbh so the sooner they’re out of the picture the better

Keep in mind justin and islam share the same manager. It was the UFC fault fight never happened, honestly sucks for Justin now seeing Dustin get the shot.

Ehh if Islam beats Dustin then Arman I wouldn't count Justin out of getting a shot. He could still beat a Charles or another top lw and find himself back in the picture.

I'm all for the young guys getting shots, i.e. Arman but am also saying if you think Justin is finished I wouldn't go that far. We were saying same things about Dustin prior to the BSD fight.

Hey how yall been ?

My mom is having health problems so been away for a few weeks

300 was absolutely insane
I had gaitje going in there and koing max in 1
Max surprised the **** out of me -
Ilia got some major problems coming his way

As for 302
I got
IMG_3214.gif

Hope all yall are doing well!

Hey how yall been ?

300 was absolutely insane
I had gaitje going in there and koing max in 1
Max surprised the **** out of me -
Ilia got some major problems coming his way

As for 302
I got
IMG_3214.gif

Hope all yall are doing well!
Best wishes to your Mom.

I really hope they make the Ilia-Max fight for late summer/fall but still have Ilia in that one as he just seems to be on another level at this point compared to the other FWs.

I've given up trying to figure out if the UFC uses any discernible criteria for deciding who gets title shots.

Dustin Poirier is 2-2 in his last four fights. His most recent win was against a guy who's not even ranked in the top ten and the fight before that he was knocked out cold.

More often than not, it seems to be based on name recognition and/or a desperation move to find whatever fighter isn't coming off of a loss.

At least half of the time it does not appear to be based on any form of merit.

I've given up trying to figure out if the UFC uses any discernible criteria for deciding who gets title shots.

Dustin Poirier is 2-2 in his last four fights. His most recent win was against a guy who's not even ranked in the top ten and the fight before that he was knocked out cold.

More often than not, it seems to be based on name recognition and/or a desperation move to find whatever fighter isn't coming off of a loss.

Not sure if you're trollin... Look at guys like Sean Strickland, he beat two guys I'm not even sure were top 15 at the time and walked his way into a shot with Izzy. Like has been said, sometimes your best ability is availability. That plus being a name could find yourself getting the fight.

I'm just happy it appears guys like Merab and Arman will be (hope Im not jinxing it) getting their shots this year. A man whose name I can't remember might actually get his shot this year too.

Not sure if you're trollin... Look at guys like Sean Strickland, he beat two guys I'm not even sure were top 15 at the time and walked his way into a shot with Izzy. Like has been said, sometimes your best ability is availability. That plus being a name could find yourself getting the fight.

I'm just happy it appears guys like Merab and Arman will be (hope Im not jinxing it) getting their shots this year. A man whose name I can't remember might actually get his shot this year too.
So the way to get a title shot in the UFC is to talk **** and/or have a name and not be coming off of a loss?

...that's sad.

So the way to get a title shot in the UFC is to talk **** and/or have a name and not be coming off of a loss?

...that's sad.
Most here (if not all) have our qualms about the UFC and how they grant title shots. At the end of the day they are a business and aim to put on the most exciting fights even if that means guys don't exactly deserve it.

Max just had a huge moment at 300 and it seems the world is his oyster with potential shots at 55, 45 and a possible Conor fight being on the table.

Just look at an org like PFL with the tournament format. It doesn't always make for exciting matchups and that model doesn't seem sustainable long term. Plus they keep talking about trying to make some big name fights with guys like Ngannou, Jake Paul, etc.

Hey how yall been ?

I lost my mom in my 20s. Life ain’t the same without your biggest fan. I hope your mom gets better. And ya have more and more beautiful memories together.

Time. Timing is everything in the Just Some Fights era. It’s whoever they can get on a card. And they have to have a “title” fight, hence why the BMF has returned from the we’ll only do this gimmick once bag. Chucky Olives just lost. Justin might not be the same. Arman can’t turn around on seven weeks notice. Who else was going to fight Islam? Dustin hardly ever turns around that quick…but it’s for a title.

1000 percent. DDP couldn’t fight so Strickland stepped in his place.

And if we’re talking about meritocracy lol. Why didn’t the UFC approach Belal to headline 300? Instead offering it to Khamzat, Islam, etc.

Jorge Masvidal could’ve unnretired and they probably would’ve thrown the bag at him to headline 300 instead of Belal. But he already announced that boxing fight with Diaz.

Khamzat’s visa issues have led to blatant disrespect.

Someone posted a comparison of Alex versus Khamzat’s record since 2020. Alex joined the UFC a year after Chimaev. Alex has fought more and won two titles.

IMG_4513.jpeg

Last edited:

...that's sad.
UFC make fights the FANS want to see a priority over rankings...

like mentioned before, if the UFC followed a ranking only system...we would have never got alot of classics and would have had ALOT MORE non favorable match ups/snoozers/boring cards

eventually doods who don't talk ****/play the entertainment side of the game DO GET THEIR shots based off their rankings...

But the UFC will let guys jump the line if its a FAN FRIENDLY fight.

As a fan, I got no qualms with that.

They ALWAYS deliver.

Back
Top Bottom