The NBA Draft Thread

2000 Draft truly was in a class of its own. You can't get worse than that. Jamal Crawford had the best career of that draft :lol:....with Mike Miller a close second. Draft had 2 combined All Stars games from the whole draft (Redd & Kmart).

"Using the WARP (wins above replacement player) metric, the 2000 NBA draft class collectively produced at a rate of 17.3 wins worse than a group of "average replacement players", effectively making 2000 the only draft class in NBA history to leave the NBA talent pool worse off than it had been prior to the given year's rookie draft.[3]"

:x

2000 Draft truly was in a class of its own. You can't get worse than that. Jamal Crawford had the best career of that draft :lol:....with Mike Miller a close second. Draft had 2 combined All Stars games from the whole draft (Redd & Kmart).

"Using the WARP (wins above replacement player) metric, the 2000 NBA draft class collectively produced at a rate of 17.3 wins worse than a group of "average replacement players", effectively making 2000 the only draft class in NBA history to leave the NBA talent pool worse off than it had been prior to the given year's rookie draft.[3]"

:x
I knew that draft was bad, but that bad. :x :x :x

Again, his stroke looks fine. Mechanics and all. It should improve with coaching and once he gets accustomed to using it off the dribble

The jumpshot red flag doesn't scare me as much as it scares some other folks

It's not just the shot but the lack of confidence in game.

I don't care about any of these workouts, I need to see it in a game.

Do you expect this lack of confidence in taking an outside shot will last for the majority of his career? 

Once he gets under some professional coaching, it will come. His stroke is far from broken which should accelerate the process

In college, in his situation, taking jumpers wasn't a part of the game plan. That didn't help his confidence and neither did the incompetent coaching

I am interested to see his jump shot statistics throughout his prep career

When I watch the finals it's always in the back of my mind how lebron's performance, specifically the broken jumper, changes the perception/stock of simmons

Lebron James is the greatest physical specimen to play basketball since Wilt Chamberlin, you can have no jumper and dominate when you are that.

Simmons will have to learn to shoot to be a superstar.

Last edited:
Just looking at Simmons stroke he has potential to be a good shooter if he keeps working at it to make it a part of his game. LeBron has had that hitch in his shot basically his whole life. Way harder for him to be a good shooter when he's never wanted to try and improve his form.

This...
Its great Ingram can hit 3s with no defense. Who cares [emoji]128517[/emoji] we know he has a nice stroke. I want to see it in a game with a defender draped on him.

Ben's jumper has the potential to be average at best, as in average nba big man jumper. He has the highest ceiling, but the class as a whole is :x

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom