The NBA Draft Thread

I would throw in Lavine to get that deal done if I was the Wolves.

I couldn't really see Butler and Wiggins games meshing very well though....

They would be absolute idiots to trade LaVine.

LaVine, Dieng and #5 would be an overpay for Butler. But any combination of two is not enough either. Tough.

Wolves beat writer who is one of the best in the biz said that Chicago won't do a deal unless Wiggins is involved so we can just move on here

mean.gif
Hell is this?
laugh.gif
Pure, uncut robbery by the Celtics.

Billy King thinks it's a fair deal though.

Not a fan of trading young, cheap assets for a veteran player when you're a fringe playoff team at best. Wolves are better off just continuing to grow and build that core like the Warriors did and use their cap space on veterans who can supplement that growth.

Wolves trying to compete for a spot in the WCF or something :lol: Minnesota in win now mode already ?

Last edited:
Does LaVine ever become as good of a 2 way player as Butler? I can't see it happening. I'd trade LaVine and 5 for Butler in a heartbeat. 

As good a two player? No but he has the chance to be better offensively considering he's already a way better shooter.

Not to mention that his defense has fallen off the past two years and I have no doubts Wiggins will be a better defender considering his natural gifts as well as what he's already shown.

Wolves need more perimeter scoring not defense especially if they keep Rubio, I don't think Jimmy Butler fits in close to as well as LaVine does and will continue to even though he is the better player currently.

Last edited:
I know Jimmy Butler is better than Jrue Holiday, but the Wolves can't panic like the Pelicans did and try to win now when you just need to keep building and developing. Don't rush the expectations.

I know Jimmy Butler is better than Jrue Holiday, but the Wolves can't panic like the Pelicans did and try to win now when you just need to keep building and developing. Don't rush the expectations.

Pelicans coulda had so much.

They coulda moved back in the draft and took Giannis as well.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but they've continuously made horrible moves.

Keeping Eric Gordon, The Asik deal, Jrue deal and their medical staff is trash.

I'm worried about Anthony Davis career there, hopefully things turn around.

• Davis and Noel could have been something beautiful to watch. they should not have traded for a fringe allstar, injury prone player.
  • Eric Gordon made it clear that he did not want to stay here, yet they forced him to and paid premium price for a guy who is injured 40% of the time.
  • Asik did not make sense what so ever and paying premium for him was a mistake
  • I think something that is underestimated is the number of injuries this team has, it's safe to assume they underinvested in their medical staff
  • Other than Tyreke and Anderson were the only bright spots for their role players. The rest of the team is trash.

The team had good intentions, but had 0 patience, badly managed and their ceiling was a lower seed 7th 8th spot in the West.

When was the last time they had a decent draft pick? Noel doesn't count.

Not a fan of trading young, cheap assets for a veteran player when you're a fringe playoff team at best. Wolves are better off just continuing to grow and build that core like the Warriors did and use their cap space on veterans who can supplement that growth.

This right here. Their core has already shown they have tremendous upside, don't disturb it. Let them continue to build chemistry and work on their games.

Noel and Davis smfffhhhh

That rim protection and athleticism :x

Last edited:
Rim protection, running the floor, Pick and Roll with a capable point guard...the potential great.

However, the Sixers staff working tirelessly on improving Noel's offensive repertoire was probably the best for his future. Plus his knee issue, if he were in the Pelicans, he would have played the year he took off (his rookie year) and risked further injuries.

Does Thibs strike you guys as a guy that's going to wait around rebuilding? The Wolves already have their two young cornerstones of the franchise...now he's going to go out and grab the guys to put around them to make them a winner.

Their starting lineup might be Rubio-Butler-Wiggins-Towns-Noah this year. Their defense would have ridiculous potential.

While KAT and Wiggins are a championship caliber starting point, you're not winning a chip with that lineup so why waste the assets? I'd draft a guard that can shoot and sign Fournier and a stretch 4.

Does Thibs strike you guys as a guy that's going to wait around rebuilding? The Wolves already have their two young cornerstones of the franchise...now he's going to go out and grab the guys to put around them to make them a winner.

Their starting lineup might be Rubio-Butler-Wiggins-Towns-Noah this year. Their defense would have ridiculous potential.

There's no spacing at all on that team. :lol:

It wouldn't work.

I'm sure Thibs doesn't wanna rebuild but being impatient would be worse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom