The NBA Draft Thread

Doesn't make sense to do it this year in a weak draft but next year though :nerd:

Heard Lakers trying to trade DAngelo Russell to get back into top 5 or 6 pick

Lakers are not trying to trade Russell.

Chad Ford is saying that because they have worked out Bender, Hield and Brown. That they want another top 5 pick. And if they wanted one, most likely trade Russell.

But there's no damn reason or indication that Russell is on the block. Nor is there any rationality that trading him makes sense when anybody outside of Simmons or Ingram doesn't even have near his ceiling.

The only scenario I see the Lakers trading Russell is in a package deal to obtain a proven veteran all-star such as Paul George or Jimmy Butler

im hearing PGeorge for DRuss and no. 2 pick of the Lakers
mean.gif
,,i think its too much of a loss for the Lakers
I would do it only under these two conditions:

- If they found a way to orchestrate another trade that would land them a top 7 pick in the draft that can land them either Jamal Murray or Buddy Hield for outside shooting purposes. Randle for the # 4-7 pick?

- If they somehow knew they would also sign big time FA's such as Whiteside, Conley, AND Harrison Barnes

I would take this lineup anyday of the week:

PG: Conley

SG: Hield/Murray

SF: George

PF: H. Barnes

C: Whiteside

with Clarkson, Nance, Black, and maybe even a Festus Ezeli off the bench

Last edited:
awwsome swears everyone in the league is gonna flourish :lol:

wish we all had that kind of optimism

The Ringer NBA draft pod is trash especially Jonothan Tjarks, dude called Sabonis a fantastic athlete and a way better athlete than Poetl?? wut :stoneface:

I would do it only under these two conditions:

- If they found a way to orchestrate another trade that would land them a top 7 pick in the draft that can land them either Jamal Murray or Buddy Hield for outside shooting purposes. Randle for the # 4-7 pick?
- If they somehow knew they would also sign big time FA's such as Whiteside, Conley, AND Harrison Barnes

I would take this lineup anyday of the week:

PG: Conley
SG: Hield/Murray
SF: George
PF: H. Barnes
C: Whiteside

with Clarkson, Nance, Black, and maybe even a Festus Ezeli off the bench

This sounds like typical Lakers/Knicks offseason projections :lol:

I never understood the logic ...id trade russ and that pick for paul george ANY day of the week . Like why wouldnt you take the gauranteed allstar probably top 10 player in the league?

The Ringer NBA draft pod is trash especially Jonothan Tjarks, dude called Sabonis a fantastic athlete and a way better athlete than Poetl?? wut :stoneface:

Yea, surprising how bad the content and guys they've featured on the NBA show, it's as if they not even scouting these guys.

Been ******* with Hardwood Paroxysm, Nylon Calculus and my guy Nate Duncan, very solid and smart analysis of all aspects of the game and the business of the NBA.

Last edited:
awwsome swears everyone in the league is gonna flourish :lol:

wish we all had that kind of optimism

Idk man, I be getting excited about prospects man, the future is tantalizing. :lol:

It doesn't always work out but most guys I've rocked with early have all done well.

Shouts to my guys Anthony Bennett and Noah Vonleh though. :smh:

But real talk besides all the immature snap chat **** boy ****, D'angelo is a player.

All he needs is time on the court and the weight room and keep putting talent around him.

He shot it really well from 3 post AS break, he's also just a natural playmaker running the offense.

Ingram and signing Whiteside would be amazing for him, he would flourish immediately under Walton.

I never understood the logic ...id trade russ and that pick for paul george ANY day of the week . Like why wouldnt you take the gauranteed allstar probably top 10 player in the league?

I mean if it's there, obviously you do it but the smarter move is to just let the team build and develop without an outside superstar and sign PG in 2018.

I say the Lakers keep the pick and draft Ingram. Trade Randle to the Celtics for #3 pick and draft Buddy Hield. Re-sign Clarkson, sign Whiteside, sign Horford, sign Harrison Barnes, draft a big with your second round pick and call it a day. You get a competitive team good enough to battle for the last 3 playoff seeds in the West and if Russell don't work out, you can sign Westbrook in 2017.

PG: Russell

SG: Hield

SG: Ingram

PF: Horford

C:  Whiteside

Bench:

Clarkson

Barnes

Nance

Huertas

Black

Draft Pick

Horford is 30 years old man, this is as good as he gets and will only decline going forward.

Randle is 21 and is a double double machine who shows promise as a secondary ball handler and passer, you're tripping, you keep him.

Lakers ain't getting Westbrook, it's silly to bet on that type of ****.

Harrison Barnes is an average player if that , wouldn't sign him at all for what he's going to get in the market.

They have a legit shot at Whiteside because of Riley's ego issues but that's it.

You talking about the Lakers fighting for the last 3 seeds in the West. :lol:

That's a championship franchise, they only tryna get back to that, trading your best young players isn't a path in any way.

Last edited:
You sign Horford short-term (2-yr deal with player opt out). With Horford, Whiteside, and Ingram you have length in your frontcourt, something which bothered the Warriors against Durant, Ibaka, and Adams.

Yes, Randle is a double double machine but Hield is a 25 ppg scorer deluxe who can create for himself and lights it up beyond 24 feet, something the Lakers sorely need with the departure of Kobe. Randle's double-doubles will easily be replaced by Whiteside. If Hield ends up averaging 20 ppg in the pros and is among the league's best shooters, the Lakers will regret not taking him if they had the chance to. Plus Hield's work ethic and dedication to his craft while being a tremendous student of the game is a rare trait. There's a reason Kobe endorses him.

If Randle's ceiling is Lamar Odom, and Hield's is Ray Allen, I'll take Hield all day.

Last edited:
The Celtics have picks 3, 16, and 23 in the first round. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those is traded for an asset. The Celtics don't need any more young players because they're loaded with them.

Last edited:
Do you even salary cap bro?
$92 million in 2016.

Probably about $108 million in 2017.

Lakers will have almost $70 million in cap space this summer.

They can sign at least two max free agents, and will most likely still have over $11 million to add one or two more impact players.

I've done the homework bro.

Rumor going around that Lakers shopping DRuss for another top-5 pick.

I can totally see the Suns and Celtics playing. If Lakers end up with Ingram and Hield, boy they're gonna be fun to watch!

Been listening to the last couple of Sixers Beat podcasts.

Kevin O'Connor of SB Nation:

Kevin Pelton of ESPN:

Back
Top Bottom