The NBA Draft Thread

With Fultz I just see another player who needs the ball in his hands. He's younger and much bigger. Maybe he can guard someone.

Keeping IT just keeps you competitive with the middle of the pack in the east. Which at his current salary is fine, but once he is eligible for the max, I can't see a reason to keep him when plugging in another superstar with that team might get you further.

Gotta keep IT if you land a PG, Hayward, Butler, etc. If you cant land any of those guys its best to move on from the IT era and focus on the young guys.

Last edited:
With IT you can fake contend long enough for your core to develop under the radar. I don't really see a huge bidding war for him. You really have to build around him to make it worthwhile

With Fultz I just see another player who needs the ball in his hands. He's younger and much bigger. Maybe he can guard someone.

Keeping IT just keeps you competitive with the middle of the pack in the east. Which at his current salary is fine, but once he is eligible for the max, I can't see a reason to keep him when plugging in another superstar with that team might get you further.
Middle of the pack in the east? What are you using to come to this conclusion

If they can get a rim protector the team would look drastically different

Boston can afford to have a few max level players but I understand hesitating to give Thomas the max. Depends on how strapped the money is once they do so to say yay or nay

Fact is, the whole conference is fake contending. I don't mind Fultz being prepared for the post Lebron era. They have the Nets pick again next year.

But IT isn't anymore a fake franchise player than any other player in the east not named Giannis

Fact is, the whole conference is fake contending. I don't mind Fultz being prepared for the post Lebron era. They have the Nets pick again next year.

But IT isn't anymore a fake franchise player than any other player in the east not named Giannis
Correct

Like i said a few breaks your way and who knows what could happen in a few years

I think the raptors are way more screwed than Boston

I only really see the bucks and wizards as the threats looming in the east

If Thomas getting a max will cripple your roster then no, bad move, but would that really be the case? Someone shed light on their salary future

I think their is a sizable difference between Paul George and IT in terms of being franchise players.

I think IT deserves to get paid big time but good luck to whatever team is paying a 5'7 shoot first PG with hip issues into his 30's

If Ainge is who I think he is, he would trade IT now while he is on a workable contract and his value is high.

They'll have a **** ton of money at the end of 2018 when IT comes off the books.
What would their books look like if they signed a max player this summer and then Thomas next? Could they afford that? Obviously not everyone would be able to stay but what would that look like

What would their books look like if they signed a max player this summer and then Thomas next? Could they afford that? Obviously not everyone would be able to stay but what would that look like

Right now they're at 37 million committed for 2018 with Al, Jae, and some dude named Jackson. Adding the #1 pick adds about 6 mil so that's 43. If they get Hayward his deal starts at 30.6 mil next year and will be over 31 in 2019 season. Puts them at 74 million.

Cap projections are around 108 so giving IT2 a max deal will put them over the cap with Avery still needing to be signed and the options picked up on Smart, Brown, and Rozier with another 14 million.

I wouldn't mind trading Avery Bradley to Detroit for that #12 pick...

Woah woah woah...is this common for Boston fans now?

Because you guys thought Noel was not even worth a Marcus Smart.

but now Avery Bradley for the 12th pick? :smh:

If Ainge didn't overvalue his picks, you guys could have gotten your rim protector.

Its' really not enough , but teams know its about to be a big logjam at the guard position for Boston so u might can make a deal for the low

Right now they're at 37 million committed for 2018 with Al, Jae, and some dude named Jackson. Adding the #1 pick adds about 6 mil so that's 43. If they get Hayward his deal starts at 30.6 mil next year and will be over 31 in 2019 season. Puts them at 74 million.

Cap projections are around 108 so giving IT2 a max deal will put them over the cap with Avery still needing to be signed and the options picked up on Smart, Brown, and Rozier with another 14 million.
Damn, so what's Boston gonna do with those Euro draft picks coming in?

Damn, so what's Boston gonna do with those Euro draft picks coming in?
Play them?

Zizic will easily get minutes. He put up better numbers than both Nurkic and Jokic did in the Adriatic league and has been playing legit minutes in Euroleague now under Dave Blatt. High motor big like him is desperately needed. Yabusele will likely be one of the last guys off the bench, but is an intriguing prospect.

What the Celtics are basically doing is putting together a team that could make the finals if the injury bug hits the Cavs over the next few years, while also shuffling the deck to make sure the younger guys have room to develop for the future. Bradley is unfortunately going to be a casualty of this due to his contract situation, but it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom