The Oakland Athletics 2018 Offseason Season Thread | One and Done Again

This is definitely a make or break year for Reddick, and I am skeptical. I think his confidence took a big hit last year, if he gets off to a slow start :rolleyes

I voted "other' in the poll above, because I think Craig Gentry is going to be very important, mainly because I think Reddick is gonna struggle again...

For Sonny Gray, i'm predicting 14-6 with a 3.20 ERA.

ahem, and Johnson blows

Johnson should be out of the closer spot after this game. Doesn't make sense to throw him back in there without starting in the 8th or 7th first, at least to salvage whatever confidence he may have left.

Reddick could be done. I don't see how we can keep his bat in the lineup. That 30+ HR season ****ed him up.

Reddick's defense is so damn good, it kills me. If this fool could hit .250 I would have no problem with him in the lineup.

I think he will get sent to Sac when Gentry comes up.

I want to see Dino and Moss everyday. I am so sick of the platoon at first. Let Moss play every damn day.

And I think Dino deserves a shot to play everyday. I don't like Jaso behind the plate.

Jaso didn't pan out either. He wasn't bad until he got concussed in the middle of last season. I feel bad for the guy, he was really well liked in Seattle for a reason.

I don't fault Billy for going to get Johnson. Obviously it looks horrible now but he gave up Weeks who was done in our organization and it's on a one year deal. $10 mil is a lot but who cares, there is no salary cap. Balfour struggled towards the end of last year and he originally wanted a 3 year deal I believe.

Billy made a move early in the offseason to address a need he felt we needed. Hopefully Johnson can get some confidence back pitching in the 7th and 8th, if not, we are deep enough in the bullpen to make up for it.

Reddick could be hitting AAA and that would be okay. He needs to look for hits and getting on base instead of mashing everything.

He has no confidence at the plate. Watching his at bats yesterday, he just looked like he knew he was going to K. It was :x

Back
Top Bottom