The Official 2008 Chicago Bulls Off Season Thread: BG Signs 1 Year Deal; No one cares; BASEBALL FTW

yeh today is dragging. I just wanna hear david stern..."with the first pick, bulls select derrick rose" and then I can relax. paxson trying to be coyno matter what. rose should get the same respect bron got from his home city. we are lucky beyond belief getting the pick. I just hope pax does the rightthing, he making me nervous. I got a bottle to pop after they announce rose name.

I think he will wear #25 also. this is one jersey (authentic) I will buy. just cause he from the crib.

^^^ I have no idea Stringer. The more I think about, I doubt Pax pulls the trigger on anything big. The log jam at guard will def. be a problem, but Idon't see the Bulls overhauling the roster. It may be tinkered a bit, but for the most part, what you see is what you get. We have the talent to win. Lastyear was a fluke, at least I hope it was.

But we can forget about Brand, Carmelo, Kobe, Gilbert, J.O., or any other big name.

Brand

Heard he was leaning more toward Miami if he should opt out

Carmelo
Character issues, but he would provide a go to scorer..so I could live with it, but that means Deng has to go. What my brother pointed out to meis that Melo is a ball stopper on offense

Kobe
He's not going anywhere now that they have Gasol and Bynum

Gilbert, J.O.,
Health issues and in Jermaine's case character issues as well, but he might have the lowest trade value considering last season

or any other big name
Al Jefferson, Dwight Howard, Amare

the bad thing is, we ain't getting any of them

Personally, I want to stick with Tyrus at the 4 spot and Deng at the 3 because Rose is the kind of point that is going to create mismatches and thus get theseguys easier looks

Deng can hit the open jumper

Tyrus can finish at the basket

It seems so perfect, Rose is going to give us the luxury of not needing the prototypical back to the basket forward

thanks stringer for pointing out that rose will improve the current roster. he will drop dimes on tyrus for a lot of dunks and deng and gordon for a lot ofj's. and we still have drew gooden who can get you a double double. his career stats are 12 and 8 I believe.

starting five
rose
hughes/sefalosha?
deng
thomas/gooden
noah/grey

if vinny can get them in an uptempo style with a chaotic defense, celtics won't be repeating. we have the tools mannnnnn!! they will be fun to use on liveor 2k9. on paper we should run the east. the talent is ther we just need the coaching to be on point

Rose
Thabo
Deng
Tyrus
Noah

the average age of that starting five is 22

and for some insane reason people want to start trading way pieces for a "superstar"

smh.gif

if they do change their style to an uptempo game which they should, Aaron Gray is going to die

laugh.gif

the only things that will hurt this team:

ego
injury
reisendorf cheap %*%

they young and talented enough to give headaches for years

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Trade propositon. . .

Kirk, Ben, and a future draft pick for #2 pick?

I'd do that in a heartbeat...which means it will never happen.

How about Kirk, B.G., Thomas/ Gooden, draft picks for Wade ???

how about trading kirk and one of the young forwards for some veteran talent, thats not wade he'll probably get hurt exiting the plane lol

I wouldn't do that miami trade. just get rose! we don't need two more rookies. I also wouldn't let go of gordon, they will need his shooting. Iwould run with the team they have and figure out a strong rotation. they are capable but ben and deng will have to solve contact issues before season. we cannot have repeat performances from those two.

I really don't know what any of you are expecting in return for hinrich. play it out and then make the tweaks. its possible (meaning it could happen) thatvinny's offense with the pieces in place could work. we know they are capable defensively

Originally Posted by aRog27

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Trade propositon. . .

Kirk, Ben, and a future draft pick for #2 pick?

I'd do that in a heartbeat...which means it will never happen.

How about Kirk, B.G., Thomas/ Gooden, draft picks for Wade ???

indifferent.gif

I think B.G. re-ups for a season then becomes an un-restricted FA next year. I think Luol signs a 3 or 5 yr extension.

Rose said #25 was his first choice and #1 was his second choice. He should wear #5 so I dont have to cop another rose jersey
pimp.gif

And damn, he put on 25 lbs of muscle last summer?? crazy!!

I would be very happy to just get Rose and then let the BG/Luol contracts happen.

I agree that BG will more than likely get a 1 year deal.

Luol will sign for 5 years.

Kirk will be the odd man out IMO. I think they will get a pretty decent offer and let him go. I could see it for a solid 4 who is a little older but can stepin and help. If not, I would not mind seeing Kirk packaged with Noc and Gooden to fetch a very solid 4. My hope would be Brand. I could LAC doing that. Caprelief. Good froncourt depth and a solid PG.

i would like BG for a couple years but i dont think he will sign more than a one year deal

Back
Top Bottom