*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

Kobe is a beast, no one on the Cs can stop him, but we have the better team...so i think we're gonna pull it out

Actually only way I see Lakers losing games in this series is if it's in a blowout. If it's remotely close in the 4th, it's curtains for Boston,cause Kobe Bean is not gonna be denied. And I agree that they should just let KG get his and focus on Blood34 and Ray, besides KG doesn't go into the postnearly as much as Tim does, so if Pau can just block out
indifferent.gif
and not let him beast on the boards, we should have no problem.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by you big dummy

larry-and-magic.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I'm so pumped for this series. This, unlike recent Finals, has a chance to be an ultra-competitive series with different players lightin it up every night.

Pierce, Kobe, Pau, Jesus, Lamar, Garnett
eek.gif

I was like "who's 'hey-sus'". Then I recalled the movie He Got Game
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by InThe617

I cannot believe people think LA is gonna win.

Boston in 6.

I know right, they've only went 12-3 in the playoffs leading in playoff scoring and have the best player in the world, yeah they really shouldn'teven show up, just hand the "Medium sized 3" their rings right now.
eyes.gif

First time since '98 that neither Duncan or Shaq is in the Finals.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Let's get that Finals MVP Kobe!!!!

These are the 2 best teams all season long...and if you're the Lakers you wanna beat the best to legitamize your season/playoff run. Should be a veryexciting, entertaining series and im geeked for it.
LO is the x-factor once again. We should just calling ol boy LOX!!! Matter of fact that's what im referring to him as LOX. LOX and Pau need to keep up therebounding, and Kobe needs to be assertive if one of the "medium 3" get going.
LOX we counting on you!! Lets go Lakers! Lakers in 6

I'm so pumped for this series. This, unlike recent Finals, has a chance to be an ultra-competitive series with different players lightin it up every night.

Pierce, Kobe, Pau, Jesus, Lamar, Garnett

This is where I miss NBC they would make this look like a storybook type movie it would be soooooooooooooooo epic.

Originally Posted by FYALADY

some of ya'll act like kobe is that much better than pierce. it's gonna be a close matchup between them. pp always plays well against kobe. i just wanna see a good series. a close one.

If you actually stop and think about what's being said here instead of taking the "Kobe is the best in the league" route, its not that bad ofa statement.
I'm not gonna sit here and say Pierce is better than Kobe, because thats not true. When they're playing on two separate courts, Kobe isthe best. However, when they play on the same court, it's always a show. Pierce has lit up Kobe before. Kobe has lit up Pierce before. When they playagainst each other, its much closer than you think.

And dont bring out playoff stats to compare them. Kobe is the definite #1 option on the Lakers, Pierce is 1A along with KEVIN GARNETT. That sways the numbers alittle, doesnt it?

X-Factor(s) of this series for us will be Perk, and if he plays, Tony Allen. Perkins, for obvious reasons. He needs to be the post up threat that everyonewants KG to be. Tony SHOULD get some good minutes, because he's by far our best lockdown defender, and well, Kobe is on the otherside of the ball.We'll see if Doc figures this 'gimme' out.

Man, even Bill Simmons is going with the Lakers.
laugh.gif

ray needs to start playing better and finish these games cause i have a feeling kg will go missing in a few games down the stretch

you know what youre getting from pierce

are they going to let kobe have his and try to deny everyone else? or will they allow the supporting cast to beat them? will kobe get trigger happy if they aredown or will he continue to stick with the plan?

I am so excited for this series. All the storylines and the old Celtics Lakers rivalry is gonna make the NBA a lot of money.

This will be extremely tough but I like the 2-3-2 format in our favor. We have to steal one of the first 2 in Boston and we should be good. 2 teams full ofchampionship hungry players on a mission. It should be great.

Originally Posted by InThe617

I cannot believe people think LA is gonna win.

Boston in 6.
I know right, they've only went 12-3 in the playoffs leading in playoff scoring and have the best player in the world, yeah they really shouldn't even show up, just hand the "Medium sized 3" their rings right now.
eyes.gif

word..especially because of the Lakers's atrocious road record
sick.gif

i notice from the comments in this thread that celtics fans know it'll be a tough go and are pretty down to earth about it, but most lakers fans thinkthey're entitled to the championship....

If these games are close, which I fully expect, expect the best closer in the league to put in work and damage the Celts. Boston fans better hope for someblowouts, which again is not easy to do to a Kobe team!

The role players are going to be huge for both teams.

Posey,Perkins, and Rondo are the most important players for us. Posey showed he could give good minutes and play productively. If Perkins played like he didtowards the end of the series.
eek.gif
that is a enormous boost.

I just want to see the Celtics make someone else beat them. Like they did to Cleveland. I know Kobe won't shoot that bad, but if the Celtics can keep himunder 25 points. I think that would mean a Celtics win.

There are a lot of good matchups. Will Kobe guard Pierce? Or someone that would give him a rest like Rondo? Same thing for Pierce. A lot of good matchups.

pimp.gif
going to be sweet.

Originally Posted by LIQI2345

Kobe is a beast, no one on the Cs can stop him, but we have the better team...so i think we're gonna pull it out

How do you guys have the better team? Because you guys have the better season record? Please.

The better team will be hoisting up the larry o'brien at the end of this series. Till then, the better team has yet to be decided.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Burns1923

I don't understand the hate on Boston.

Is it backlash against hype or because of the top record or the players or just because?

Who doesn't like KG, Ray, and Paul?
glasses.gif

why WOULD you like KG, allen, or parker? not to mention the city of boston's long history of racism especially celtic fans.... why you think JO and Webber rejected trades there?
I can't speak on Boston's alleged "history of racism" because I haven't any substantive proof of it in front of me. In myexperience with the city, I didn't find that to be the case.

I will say that it's easy to look at any city and pick something out that's bad news. LA may well have unjust ills of its own. Chicago, Cleveland,Dallas, etc.

In any case, that sort of thing has nothing to do with the Celtics. This is about sports, it's about basketball, it's about fanship. These are allpositive things.

Back
Top Bottom