THE OFFICIAL 2015 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

Its not how you start out, but how you finish I always say :lol: keep grinding man its a looooooong season :lol:

Managed to pick up Correa :pimp: now to wait it out till he's up.

Correa gonna be
pimp.gif
when he gets promoted.

Had Sale and Kluber going tonight...of course I couldn't get a W out of either.
laugh.gif
  Sometimes I wish my league would start using quality starts instead of wins.

Correa gonna be :pimp: when he gets promoted.

Had Sale and Kluber going tonight...of course I couldn't get a W out of either. :lol:   Sometimes I wish my league would start using quality starts instead of wins.

Man that's the most frustrating **** ever :lol: to have your ace pitch a gem but somehow someway they don't end up getting a W :smh: :tongue:

Man that's the most frustrating **** ever
laugh.gif
to have your ace pitch a gem but somehow someway they don't end up getting a W
mean.gif
tongue.gif
Yeah at this point I'm used to it though.  Wins is such a crapshoot category but at the same time it is pretty much a standard category to use so it is what it is really.

37 points from deGrom today, 17.33 from Madbum

white-kid-dance-club.gif

Don't call it a comeback, but I might have myself a winning streak here.

Geez Matt Harvey :frown:

Made my matchup this week a lil bit tougher but still in lead..need strong showing from my Cubs players

Kluber been doing big things lately. 
pimp.gif

As for Ryan Howard, I'm actually semi-confident he can keep this up.

Yan Gomes coming back just in time now that Grandal is on the DL too.  Don't think the timing there could have been any better.

I have Dev Travis but he's out for now, who would you guys pick up; Paredes or Zobrist? They're both chillin on waivers.

Drop Plawecki in favor of Cervelli?

run.lmc run.lmc Zobrist is expected back tomorrow I believe. I've had him from draft night. I'll likely drop Valbuena in that case.

I say add Zobrist, he offers more than Paredes IMO. I have him also on my team :lol: .

Last edited:
Drop Plawecki in favor of Cervelli?

run.lmc run.lmc Zobrist is expected back tomorrow I believe. I've had him from draft night. I'll likely drop Valbuena in that case.

I say add Zobrist, he offers more than Paredes IMO. I have him also on my team :lol: .

I would add Cervelli. Yeah I was thinking Zobrist also, Paredes doesn't seem like he can keep it up. Your thoughts on Yordano Ventura going ahead? Dude's been up and down :smh:

2-5 now, had the most points out of anyone this week with 327.17 :smokin .

My team is finally gelling, need to keep it up going against the other 2-5 team in the league.

Your thoughts on Yordano Ventura going ahead? Dude's been up and down
mean.gif
Hold on Ventura.

His HR/FB is twice as high as it was last year. His xFIP and SIERA is 3.73 and 3.76, respectively, so there's some indication that he's been better than his current 4.64 ERA.

The things that were cause for concern were his hard hit % being up to 31% this year from 25.1% last year, which means he's not inducing weak contact as often.

This may have something to do with him not trusting his fastball enough in favor of a cutter early on, although to his (and presumably pitching coach Dave Eiland's) credit they have seemingly recognized that as a potential source of his struggles as Ventura has gone back to a straight fastball/curve/change mix in his last 2 starts, which has resulted in more of that soft contact that we're looking for.

Another concerning aspect was both his first strike % and swinging strike % drop noticeably from last year but again we've seen those jump back up in the last 2 starts to be in line with what he did last season.

For now, I'd keep him on the bench and only play him against favorable matchups until he begins to exhibit more consistency, which I suspect will be sooner rather than later.

Thank you to whoever dropped Kris Bryant the day before he was called up :lol:

Glad to see Price's power #s coming around as of late :pimp:

I need a SS and wouldn't mind upgrading at 2B as well..I have Wong and Marcus Semien but not sure what happens to him now that Zobrist is back

Thing about going after Tulo or Altuve...just don't trust Tulo with his history of injuries

Any thoughts :nerd:

View media item 1549201

See if Brandon Crawford is available. He's quietly having a productive season. Finding middle infield at this point is hard on the wire, so if I'm weak at a position like SS, I usually just add/drop all season and go with whoever is hot. If they stay productive then I keep them. If not, drop and find the next guy playing well. 

Not really a strategy, but something I've down out of what I felt was necessity. If you try and trade those two guys, you'll probably have to give up some guys you don't want to or guys that hurt your depth, unless your pitching is extremely rich.

Back
Top Bottom