THE OFFICIAL 2015 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

He was originally supposed to come back June 4, but he struggled in his last outing and was throwing a little lower velocity than he had been recently, so they're holding him out a little longer.  I like him a lot too though.  Had him stashed for a bit but had to drop due to tons of other injuries.  Been eying him in my league since then and won't hesitate to pick him up as soon as I hear some sort of update on when they expect him back now.

I think mid June is a safe guess at this point.

Last edited:
How do you guys feel about Grandal vs. Gomes ROS?  Been holding onto both for a bit now but I'm not a fan of stashing a catcher since we only play 1.

Last edited:
How do you guys feel about Grandal vs. Gomes ROS?  Been holding onto both for a bit now but I'm not a fan of stashing a catcher since we only play 1.

I'd go Grandal, although he may not be in the lineup he's on his way to having a really good season. Gomes I'm a little iffy on but he may prove me wrong.

I'd go Grandal, although he may not be in the lineup he's on his way to having a really good season. Gomes I'm a little iffy on but he may prove me wrong.
Yeah that's what I was thinking.  I guess I have a little bias towards Gomes since I drafted him this year and held on so long while he was injured (I did eventually drop him, and then pick him back up again).  I'll probably give Gomes another week to see if he starts playing more games and starts hitting and then make the call.

Is Grandal back? I'm always a little wary of guys who come out of nowhere to get hot then get shelved due to injury. He might not come back the same. Gomes isn't giving much right now, but he may be the opposite and start raking all of a sudden. Go with whatever your gut told you on that one.

I'm skeptical of Devon Travis too, for the same reason I am about Grandal. Travis started out looking like Altuve 2.0, but he got pretty cold there before going on the DL, so who knows what he does when he gets back?

Grandal's been back since Saturday, so he should be out there tomorrow in the lineup. Yeah I'm not sure I trust Travis coming back, I picked up Panik and may roll with him for the ROS

FYI - Rangers called up Joey Gallo.

Guy is a power machine, but he also K's a lot. If you need the HRs pick him up - he should be up for a few weeks minimum.

Also for people who like to use RP to help ratios a few guys I've been using this year with a lot of success with ERA, Holds, K's =

Will Harris
Tony Watson
Blaine Boyer

Other guys I'm banking on in terms of recent picks ups -

Eduardo Rodriguez - SP - BOS - kid has serious K stuff - has to incorporate his change up more.
Lance McCullers - SP - HOU - another young arm, hopefully he can continue to chuck it well
Mike Foltynewicz - SP - ATL - another arm, good stuff, just have to be skeptical of the run support.
Ben Paulsen - 1B - COL - When he plays he can rake, nice guy to have on the bench to plug in

Should I bite on any of these trades? I'm thinking no, but I'm in last place so I have to do something. Although there are like 20 weeks left :lol:.

View media item 1562712
I have Gattis who's been on fire lately so losing Vogt wouldn't be that bad. But Vogt has been killing it too and the guys I'm gonna get in return aren't too appealing imo.

Last edited:
FYI - Rangers called up Joey Gallo.

Guy is a power machine, but he also K's a lot. If you need the HRs pick him up - he should be up for a few weeks minimum.

Also for people who like to use RP to help ratios a few guys I've been using this year with a lot of success with ERA, Holds, K's =

Will Harris
Tony Watson
Blaine Boyer

Other guys I'm banking on in terms of recent picks ups -

Eduardo Rodriguez - SP - BOS - kid has serious K stuff - has to incorporate his change up more.
Lance McCullers - SP - HOU - another young arm, hopefully he can continue to chuck it well
Mike Foltynewicz - SP - ATL - another arm, good stuff, just have to be skeptical of the run support.
Ben Paulsen - 1B - COL - When he plays he can rake, nice guy to have on the bench to plug in
Good advice, repped.  I still think I'd hold off on Gallo for now even if he hadn't been stashed all year in my league.  Power potential is immense but I think he'll struggle this year.

I just scooped up Folty in my league.  Was thinking about Rodriguez as well before his first start but then he was grabbed by someone else.  Really like both players though.

Should I bite on any of these trades? I'm thinking no, but I'm in last place so I have to do something. Although there are like 20 weeks left
laugh.gif

I have Gattis who's been on fire lately so losing Vogt wouldn't be that bad. But Vogt has been killing it too and the guys I'm gonna get in return aren't too appealing imo.
Don't like any of those trades.  Last one is the only one I'd even consider, but I'd want a better player instead of Rosario.

Don't think I'd trade away Vogt at all honestly.

Should I bite on any of these trades? I'm thinking no, but I'm in last place so I have to do something. Although there are like 20 weeks left
laugh.gif

Those are all terrible offers. 
laugh.gif

I'd be offended if I got a lowball offer like that for Jones.

Man I got so pumped seeing both Rollins and Grandal playing a doubleheader at Coors today.  Just checked the lineups...both sitting first game.
mean.gif

Agree with both of you. I actually was offended with that offer for Adam Jones so sent the dude a text to mess with him and try and give him an even more off the wall deal :lol:.

Was offered Wil Myers for Correa. I already have Ian Desmond as my primary guy. Should i bite?

Was offered Wil Myers for Correa. I already have Ian Desmond as my primary guy. Should i bite?
If you can keep Correa next year then I'd hold.  If not and you need an OF upgrade, I say go for it.

You might be able to get more for him if you wait until right before or as soon as he gets called though.

Gallo, 2 RBI single in his first AB

Paulsen - 2-4 with a DONG

I won't steer you wrong folks!!

Back
Top Bottom