THE OFFICIAL 2016-17 CHICAGO BULLS OFFSEASON THREAD vol. #FireGarPax

i wouldnt assume Lavine is going to get more money than jimmy. he will be a restricted FA. and you know what this guy might be just worth it. bulls do have to spend money there is a salary cap floor i think. just dont spend it on guys like wade and rondo. bulls better not sign mirotic let him walk. they should be able to trade lopez for first round pick.

suns should trade their pick next year for lopez top 10 protected.

end of the day bulls got 3 players dunn 5th pick last year, this dude at 7 and levine who clearly should have gone higher in that draft. if we just hit on one of these guys and that guy is a allstar player we did good.

and hopefully tanking means the owner clears house.

Last edited:
Lauri is actually more of a 5 than a 4.

From what I've been reading, especially from the PAC-12 guys, they say he has just as much upside as Fultz and Ball. Also, plenty of scouts and reporters have been saying he's the best shooter in this draft. Not sure how that will turn out but hopefully he can be Prozinigs 2.0
laugh.gif
.. would've preferred Smith tho.

As far as the Jimmy trade, you guys have to understand that this was the best offer we were going to get. Boston wasn't give up #3 or the Nets pick, Suns didn't want or need Jimmy, would you guys have been OK if we gave him away to Cleveland for Shump/JR???
nerd.gif

Where the FO really screwed up was including the #16 pick, should've took a stance and only offered #38 instead. Hell I would've took Rubio instead of Dunn if it meant we could keep #16 since this is a full rebuild.

Gonna be a long 3 years bros, in the meantime I'll be watching the Wolves.
thats my main issue is giving up the 16 pick also. what kind of sense does that make?

major pass on that bum rubio a shooter that cant shoot. dont see the wolves saying no to this trade over the 16thpick.

Been a Bulls fan since I could retain memories as a human...I can't do this anymore. I can't support this organization until they terminate Gar/Pax. I'm aware Jimmy Butler had to be moved, I get it, it's the best decision moving forward. I don't even mind the players involved.

Dunn does not look like a NBA ready player from an awareness standpoint but that's what you have coaching and player development for right?

Lavine can be a dynamic and explosive player assuming he recovers from his ACL injury, big assumption.

My issue is the front office is oblivious to how to successfully build a team. If not for a 1.6% luck of the draw with Derrick Rose this Front Office would have NO success to even mention. So considering this team has NO proven players what so ever and no young players they are heavily invested in you simply take the best player available at #7...

With that being said, WHAT THE **** were they thinking taking a 7 Foot Slow "Sharp Shooting" defensive liability?!?! You can talk about the pick and pop offense all you want but that doesn't change the fact the Bulls don't have the roster that can make that a successful situation.

It was painstakingly obvious Dennis Smith Jr was the player to draft. He's an explosive athletic 2-way player that's waiting to blossom at the NBA level. To anybody with the "Dunn is a PG" rhetoric, he isn't a proven player and showed next to no development under Thibs who managed to develop Nate Robinson, John Lucas III, DJ Augustine, and CJ Watson into serviceable back up PG's that garnered very nice contracts on their next teams. Yet, Dunn was a deer in the headlights kinda player his rookie year.

Nothing they do ever makes sense and they draft players as if they're still have an MVP Rose on the roster. You're not winning ANYTHING in this NBA with a second coming of Dirk or Porzingis 2.0 as the primary.

So discouraging...

lol at Thibs developing Nate Robinson. Do you even watch ball ?

Smh. Don't know why I'm even replying to you but yes developed Nate into gaining some semi resemblance of control occasionally when running an offense. Do YOU know anything about basketball? That long *** post and you're biggest take away from it was one sentence contains Nate Robinson. Smh!

You're not winning ANYTHING in this NBA with a second coming of Dirk or Porzingis 2.0 as the primary.

i hear ya didnt think this dude was a good pick either at 7 but you're wrong with saying not winning anything with second coming of dirk or porzingis. 1. if 7th pick dude was 2nd coming of dirk/Porzingis sign me up now for that. i'd trade our entire roster right now for Porzingis. i have news for you bulls are not trying to win jack next 3 seasons. if you think they are building around any one player currently on the roster you're way off. they are tanking and looking at upcoming drafts to hit a diamond and hope a player 2 on this current roster develops into something.

ohhhh and 2. the mavs first time in this history since drafting dirk they had a top 10 pick, avg like 50 wins a season during dirks career and won a championship......yea i'd take that success next 15 years if our 7th pick is 2nd coming of dirk.......last 19 years? bulls success? golden years of drose.....

Smh. Don't know why I'm even replying to you but yes developed Nate into gaining some semi resemblance of control occasionally when running an offense. Do YOU know anything about basketball? That long *** post and you're biggest take away from it was one sentence contains Nate Robinson. Smh!
You wrote a text wall of foolishness. Clearly I'm not the only one who see's you don't have a clue. Go back to playing my GM in 2k with your nonsensical yabbering.

Last edited:
i hear ya didnt think this dude was a good pick either at 7 but you're wrong with saying not winning anything with second coming of dirk or porzingis. 1. if 7th pick dude was 2nd coming of dirk/Porzingis sign me up now for that. i'd trade our entire roster right now for Porzingis. i have news for you bulls are not trying to win jack next 3 seasons. if you think they are building around any one player currently on the roster you're way off. they are tanking and looking at upcoming drafts to hit a diamond and hope a player 2 on this current roster develops into something.

ohhhh and 2. the mavs first time in this history since drafting dirk they had a top 10 pick, avg like 50 wins a season during dirks career and won a championship......yea i'd take that success next 15 years if our 7th pick is 2nd coming of dirk.......last 19 years? bulls success? golden years of drose.....

You're looking at the success of Dirk in HIS time. Dirk in his prime isn't winning ANYTHING in this day of the NBA teams, simply not happening. His skill set doesn't equate to NBA champion when you have teams like GS with multiple players that score as good as him or better. Dirk is not a defender and never has been. He could average 25ppg and would still get crushed by the "superteams" of this new age in basketball. You'd trade the whole roster for Porzingis because that's how bad our roster is not because Porzingis brings you rings. It's very obvious the next three seasons will be aimed at losing as much as possible but they could've picked a player that would hopefully be a top 3 player on their team as they rebuild the roster instead of a player that will be a rotation player once they potentially peak in drafting talent in 3 years.

You wrote a text wall of foolishness. Clearly I'm not the only one who see's you don't have a clue. Go back to playing my GM in 2k with your nonsensical yabbering.

You sir have poor comprehension skills, excuse yourself from speaking to me. Please do name ONE thing I said that was foolish. You seem to enjoy speaking nothingness.

Last edited:
You're looking at the success of Dirk in HIS time. Dirk in his prime isn't winning ANYTHING in this day of the NBA teams,

You realize dirk beat what everyone refers to a super team right?
are you aware dirk lead mavs beat swept the defending champions in 11? then went on to beat lebron bosh wade
you know what dirk had that year? he had defense around him and clutch sidekick in terry.

another note this super team of the warriors run will end. and i don't think you will see a super team like the warrors put together again. how often can 2 MVPs team up? it was perfect storm back to back MVP underpaid and then MVP comes on market and that MVP cried himself to sleep sooooo many nights he had to sign with the 2 time MVP recent championship to rid the nightmares of dirk, lebron, kobe, etc. not many MVP types will do what durrant did.

If the 6ers, lakers, C's thought a dirk clone was in this draft all those GMs pick dirk over everyone else. ALL

dirk prime wouldnt fit well with the 6ers? he would be perfect on that team.

dirks value to his championship team > durants

heres to hoping 7th pick is a dirk clone and not our best player. that would indeed be ideal

Last edited:
You sir have poor comprehension skills, excuse yourself from speaking to me. Please do name ONE thing I said that was foolish. You seem to enjoy speaking nothingness.

u're not winning ANYTHING in this NBA with a second coming of Dirk or Porzingis 2.0 as the primary.

It was painstakingly obvious Dennis Smith Jr was the player to draft. He's an explosive athletic 2-way player that's waiting to blossom at the NBA level. To anybody with the "Dunn is a PG" rhetoric, he isn't a proven player and showed next to no development under Thibs who managed to develop Nate Robinson, John Lucas III, DJ Augustine, and CJ Watson into serviceable back up PG's that garnered very nice contracts on their next teams. Yet, Dunn was a deer in the headlights kinda player his rookie year.

If you don't see the foolishness in what you wrote then I don't know what to tell you. Cause clearly you don't know what you're talking about

Last edited:
If you don't see the foolishness in what you wrote then I don't know what to tell you. Cause clearly you don't know what you're talking about

What I see is someone just talking and giving general garbage because you have nothing to add. Thanks for your participation tho. Have a great day!

You realize dirk beat what everyone refers to a super team right?
are you aware dirk lead mavs beat swept the defending champions in 11? then went on to beat lebron bosh wade
you know what dirk had that year? he had defense around him and clutch sidekick in terry.

another note this super team of the warriors run will end. and i don't think you will see a super team like the warrors put together again. how often can 2 MVPs team up? it was perfect storm back to back MVP underpaid and then MVP comes on market and that MVP cried himself to sleep sooooo many nights he had to sign with the 2 time MVP recent championship to rid the nightmares of dirk, lebron, kobe, etc. not many MVP types will do what durrant did.

If the 6ers, lakers, C's thought a dirk clone was in this draft all those GMs pick dirk over everyone else. ALL

dirk prime wouldnt fit well with the 6ers? he would be perfect on that team.

dirks value to his championship team > durants

heres to hoping 7th pick is a dirk clone and not our best player. that would indeed be ideal

I'll address these one by one.

1.) The Dallas Mavs beat the Miami Heat, yes. Dirk hardly did that by himself although he did shoulder the brunt of the offensive load. I do NOT consider the Heat to be a Superteam. My definition of a "Superteam" is the GSW. You have TWO MVP's, THREE deadeye 3pt shooters (2 of which might be top 3 all time shooters), 4 ALL STARS, a DPOY, and 4 NBA starters coming off the bench and a team that buys into a defensive mentality. GSW are a SUPERTEAM because they literally have NO weakness.

2.)The Miami Heat would've been swept by this GSW team.

3.) What Durant did was WEAK from a competition stand point. But it created something that may not be best for the next 3-5 years if they are healthy and keep the core signed.

4.) The Iikelyhood he's a Dirk clone is next to none. Otherwise talent evaluators that did NOT overestimate the potential of Mirotic, McDermott, Marcus Teague, etc would've drafted him prior to #7.

5.) That Mavs team does NOT beat this GSW team, not even remotely close.

6.) Prime Dirk would fit on most team but still wouldn't beat the GSW. Dirk is a slow, defensive liability that's a scoring machine. GSW happen to be a defensive monster that can score at will.

7.) If #7 is even 70% of Dirk but isn't our best player that would be a BLESSING!

8.) I'm trying to remain optimistic...

Lol okay Bruv. Man's writing text walls of garbage.

Yet you STILL haven't been able to identify this garbage. You just continue to write nothingness in an attempt to add value to your life. Sad man. You're better than that. I'm open to actual sports talk if you ever wanna go beyond your 12 year old preteen whateverness..."Bulls Fan"

Last edited:
dunn is done for summer league. bummer dude really needs the game time. oh well the playing time will be there

bulls let go joffrey lauvergne and he signs with spurs watch he do great there.

gar/pax/ger better hope one of these players show some talent this season. they can't use the excuse we are rebuilding and have no daylight of something good

Yet you STILL haven't been able to identify this garbage. You just continue to write nothingness in an attempt to add value to your life. Sad man. You're better than that. I'm open to actual sports talk if you ever wanna go beyond your 12 year old preteen whateverness..."Bulls Fan"
You illiterate novice, I've quote the nonsensical contradictory foolishness that you've posted and you're still asking me "what did I post".

For all the hate early on, Markkanen is balling in summer league. He one bad game but the majority of those shots were good looks just didn't fall.

Hopefully he can be a piece to the puzzle.

So glad we gave away butler...

Kyrie Butler and old Wade would be good enough for 3rd in the east

Back
Top Bottom