THE OFFICIAL 2023 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Cowboys Gonna Cowboy

They're saying Marinelli will sign for 3yrs and Linehans deal is next.
Not sure what will happen with Callahan or scout Will McClay.

Probably the most important of the bunch he's got this team to where it is personnel wise

Edit: he's the GM without the title more than just the head scout

Last edited:
:lol: .. I'm at fault for that because I think I posted it here 1st, it sounded like he was gone until I found out we had 3 days to work out a deal. Glad he's back though :smokin

Hahaha nah man it wasn't you. It was some other guys in that NFL thread. Non Cowboys fans of course.

:lol: .. I'm at fault for that because I think I posted it here 1st, it sounded like he was gone until I found out we had 3 days to work out a deal. Glad he's back though :smokin

Hahaha nah man it wasn't you. It was some other guys in that NFL thread. Non Cowboys fans of course.

Did you write about ur experience in GB? If so I must've missed it. I was tempted to hit you up and fly out there with u, I really want to see a game there, but I had an event on Sunday that I couldn't miss.

Looks like Marinelli's staying :pimp: :pimp:

Hate to beat a dead horse that we really didn't care about but Bill Burr making me feel better about it with some laughs.

So true about the nerd part tho :lol:

Looks like Marinelli's staying :pimp: :pimp:

Hate to beat a dead horse that we really didn't care about but Bill Burr making me feel better about it with some laughs.

So true about the nerd part tho :lol:

Great vid. I love that he touched on when Mike Pirera said the steps don't matter after Howie Long pointed out Dez took 3 steps and a dive. W/e tho.

Love the marinelli news. Love him or hate him jerry seems to 'get it' now. Stephen :smokin

Last edited:
In here I was the first person to post it.

But it came from a tweet from NBC's football page.

If we keep Marineli though :pimp: Now onto keeping as much as that offense as possible.

Last edited:
Yeah they compared it Rashad jennings who made around the same last year. Demarco already said no to that apparently per NBC

I get trying to keep him for as little as possible, but :rofl:

I honestly think we end up just giving him the Franchise Tag. Just get everybody else done.

Last edited:
They offered him more in September he should have taken that deal

Really I wouldn't pay him much more than 4 per, he's never healthy(other than this year) and just had 400 carries and what 40 catches?

Think we have any shot at Suh?

No
And there are multiple positions to fill rather than breaking the bank on one, albeit beast of a player.

I'm not good with salary cap for NFL, too complicated for me. I stick to the NBA cap which is complicated, but no bonuses/restructuring makes it so much easier.

But if there's a way to keep most of the offense and get Suh (I highly doubt there is). You have to do it.

Breaking the bank on a guy that transforms your pass rush would be huge for the secondary and make filling holes so much easier.

Last edited:
Creating 25 million this year puts us over by 2 million next year also if you want to act crazy they could technically create 45.5 million in room but that puts you in a bad possition down the line

All from the info on overthecap.com

I'm not good with salary cap for NFL, too complicated for me. I stick to the NBA cap which is complicated, but no bonuses/restructuring makes it so much easier.

But if there's a way to keep most of the offense and get Suh (I highly doubt there is). You have to do it.

Breaking the bank on a guy that transforms your pass rush would be huge for the secondary and make filling holes so much easier.

I'd agree if there was any semblance of reliable talent in the fold on that side

There isn't one cbI trust, not even lando. Dont bother with the safety positions.

Lots of decisions to be made wrt lbs. even lee.

Too many holes to make a serious offer. Just my $.02

Hell, the lions may even tag him (huge number tho) so this may be moot.

I wasn't saying we should (I wouldn't) but the boys could if they felt like leveraging the future on a player who could be suspended at any time and makes qb to play defense

Bill Burr went hard. He's a real Patriots fan.
He sounds like he hates the Packers and for all the right football reasons.
Check this out

Been hearing that reports that Linehan's deal is done. Nice to bring back the HC, OC, and DC. Now its on to the players!

i'm still not convinced that play should have been overturned, here you can see the ball on the ground but my whole thing is he made a football move before that three of them actually should be a catch whatever time to move on though really stings

glad Linehan is coming back, he was a huge addition

funny the Lions guy in here during the summer trying to tell us Linehan won't run because of what he did in Detroit, sorry your OL wasn't all that but when you got a line like ours it was dumb not to run like we did, heck we could have run the ball more in some situations too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom