THE OFFICIAL 2023 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Cowboys Gonna Cowboy

I think we should stay as far away from drafting a CB high as possible. If you have good pressure, it can mask the deficiencies of your corners and make them look better than they really are. The Cowboys need to adopt the "BPA" (best player available) philosophy. If the defensive end they want is gone by the time we pick, then you go with the next best player on your draft board regardless of position.

The Cowboys will have a lot of cap space this year when it's all said and done should they either force Carr to take a paycut or make him a June 1st cut. That would save 8 million. Free's deal is about up which would save us almost 16 mill in cap space. Cowboys should be smart not to pick up Melton's contract which would free up another 9 mill. That's 33 mill without even restructuring Romo or Tyron which you know the team will do.

Brandon Carr seemed to have been playing better near the end... or was that because of the pressure we were getting?
I feel like it's both.

Oh and btw...

We play 3 of the 4 teams In the Conference Championship round next season. :pimp:

Last edited:
Brandon Carr seemed to have been playing better near the end... or was that because of the pressure we were getting?
I feel like it's both.

Oh and btw...

We play 3 of the 4 teams In the Conference Championship round next season. :pimp:

I agree with Carr's play. It did improve over the last few weeks and I know he was playing with a heavy heart this season with his mom passing. I don't mind keeping him as long as he takes a paycut. But I'm all for the Cowboys building through the draft and using their money wisely. I guess one could argue that we are in "win now" mode with Romo only having maybe 2 more productive years, but I'd rather have a great team in place for the next QB as well. The position we are in is probably the best in the past 15 or so years because regardless of what move(s) we make, there are positives in all.

I still hate Carr :lol:

But I'd be fine with focusing on the DLine this year, and giving the secondary another year to get it together. If they can't then next year focus on the secondary in the draft.

Say what you want about carr but he did hold his own against the best during the playoffs. Sterling Moore was prolly the weak link last game

The Cowboys will have a lot of cap space this year when it's all said and done should they either force Carr to take a paycut or make him a June 1st cut. That would save 8 million. Free's deal is about up which would save us almost 16 mill in cap space. Cowboys should be smart not to pick up Melton's contract which would free up another 9 mill. That's 33 mill without even restructuring Romo or Tyron which you know the team will do.

Nah B, Cap Hell.

Get rid of Brandon Carr. Keep Morris Claiborne because he can be a cheap, serviceable nickle corner. Only player I'd be happy with us pursuing in FA is Antonio Cromartie. If we can't get him for a decent fee, build in draft, sign our homegrown players. I want Quandre Diggs (DB from Texas) in round 4 or later. Reminds me of Deangelo Hall.

Get rid of Brandon Carr. Keep Morris Claiborne because he can be a cheap, serviceable nickle corner. Only player I'd be happy with us pursuing in FA is Antonio Cromartie. If we can't get him for a decent fee, build in draft, sign our homegrown players. I want Quandre Diggs (DB from Texas) in round 4 or later. Reminds me of Deangelo Hall.

Claiborne cant stay on the field tho. I've pretty much given up on dude, not to mention he wants zero part of contact. I cant get with putting any faith in Mo, if he plays good great. But we cant rely on that at all

The GlassBourne experiment is over. He's hot garbage. Dude showboats after every incomplete pass he causes because they are a rarity for him. I'll never forget when he celebrated against the Rams and didn't even realize the WR caught the ball. One of the Rams on the sideline got in his grill and pointed, as if to say "you dumb ***** he caught the ball stop celebrating prematurely" :lol:

Randle and his baby momma are both idiots

I'm starting to be ok with Dez being franchised and then having a deal get worked out later in the year

I think the team genuinely like Murray and want him to stay but it's just not going to happen.

If we don't trade up I think the best option is a cb at 27

I'm happy Romo will have a full off season to rest and not get back surgery

Other than that it's kind of slow around the Ranch right now..

Last edited:
Morris is a bust, but I will say we've drafted very well. Bobby Carpenter was the last player we drafted who didn't work out. Other than that, we've done decent. Every team has one, it's alright. At least he's somewhat serviceable. Most teams either trade or release their player before their rookie contract is up. Who knows, maybe if we had a better pass rush he could have been better, same for Carr. IMO I believe they would do better in a Man-Man concept type defense instead of the zone coverage we implement.
Only issue is, we have to build a pass rush first. I think if we draft a big plug at DT we'll be better. Crawford, Lawrence, Mincey, Rookie DT doesn't sound bad. Yes, we'll need depth but we can get some 2nd tier FA and some players in the draft.

Morris is a bust, but I will say we've drafted very well. Bobby Carpenter was the last player we drafted who didn't work out. Other than that, we've done decent. Every team has one, it's alright. At least he's somewhat serviceable. Most teams either trade or release their player before their rookie contract is up. Who knows, maybe if we had a better pass rush he could have been better, same for Carr. IMO I believe they would do better in a Man-Man concept type defense instead of the zone coverage we implement.
Only issue is, we have to build a pass rush first. I think if we draft a big plug at DT we'll be better. Crawford, Lawrence, Mincey, Rookie DT doesn't sound bad. Yes, we'll need depth but we can get some 2nd tier FA and some players in the draft.

Watch the tape from late last season they were playing mostly man to keep Scandrick on the best receiver

Outside of qb or te go best player available in the first three rounds

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom