THE OFFICIAL 2023 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Cowboys Gonna Cowboy

RB will be the pick in round 3, but they for sure need to move up.
I'ma say this though Cowboys Nation, we got Murray in the 3rd.

Last edited:
What a stupid stupid stupid turn of events.

Don't even hate the Chaz Green pick.

But.....

Darren McFadden is out starting Running Back.

Idiots.

Last edited:
We're at a point we are upset they're drafting defense and trenches? Really? :lol:

We're at a point we are upset they're drafting defense and trenches? Really? :lol:

I'm pissed they didn't move up at Running Back. Would have loved them to trade up.

But It's going to be a problem.

Darren McFadden is our starting Running Back.

Last edited:
Let's have faith, Cowboys actually have better scouts.
When healthy Free is the decent, but he's 31+.
Our O-Like took forever to build, they aren't going to let that happen again.

Yea re is gonna be fine I think randall gets his head on straight and Williams and McFadden will surprise behind the line.. but chat green pick pissed me off.. With Cooper,Dawson,bennett and Grady jarret still on the board green will be nothing more than a swing tackle besides Tyrone and free we haven't been doing too well at picking that position.. hopefully they prove me wrong.. think we really needed a solid defensive player with that pick tho..

I've been talked down slightly. I think regardless they'll be league average running no matter who we put in there because of the line. But we need to be able to be near what we had last year, or we have some risk.

I guess what I have left for the 4th.

Running Back:
Jeremy Langford - Extremely big. Good in screen pass & pass protection. But carried big workload at Michigan St.
Jay Ajayi - Knees are bone on bone

Defensive Tackle:
Grady Jarrett
Michael Bennett
Tyeler Davidson
Gabe Wright

I prefer Langford. Or to try and get a second pick in the 4th.

Last edited:
I can't be mad, OL is never the sexy pick but honestly that changed our whole football program the last 3 years. Defense with the first and second pick was great, if and when Free goes down who do you put at RT? Weems or Hawkins? We'll be okay guys, relax.

Last edited:
I can't be mad, OL is never the sexy pick but honestly that changed our whole football program the last 3 years. Defense with the first and second pick was great, if and when Free goes down who do you put at RT? Weems or Hawkins? We'll be okay guys, relax.
I agree we will have a stout line for years.  Hopefully we can get a decent r.

Btw anybody peep Geezy's reaction when we selected Gregory? He didn't seem to enthusiastic. Either way you couldn't pass that talent up . Gregory's phone call on the cowboys.com live stream seemed apologetic and humble. If he matures this could end up being the steal of the draft.

Also.. with that small run of running back near pick. . I thought we might of been going qb. .

Last edited:
I'd still like Bennett or Jarrett, but I'm resigned to Cobb, Allen or Langford tomorrow. Kevin White in the 5th and throw theocrat in the 7th.

Lil on Allen (good fit)
Allen was the workhorse for USC in 2014 and put together an excellent season. The junior averaged 5.4 yards per carry for 1,489 yards with 11 touchdowns. As a receiver, he had 41 catches for 458 yards and a score. Allen is a physical back who has a nice burst. He has had some ball-security issues though. Allen is a one-cut downhill runner who would fit well in a zone-blocking scheme. He also has enough strength to him to pick up yards after contact. At the Combine though, Allen recorded one of the lowest bench press totals of any back (11) and that was surprising considering his size. However, he bounced back with a nice run in the 40.

^ Awesome, Giants are done.
Looks like Gregory will be wearing 99.
Crawford with 98 at DT, wouldn't want to see those guys coming at you.

Updated:

Chaz Green moved to backup behind Doug Free.

We need to get another pick in the 4th.

Running Backs is down to 2: Jay Ajayi and Jeremy Langford. Ajayi is the better talent, Langford doesn't have the injury risk. I guess either or. Ajayi in the 4th is good value.

And there's a good crop of Defensive Line left: Gabe Wright, Michael Bennett, Grady Jarrett, Marcus Hardison & Tyeler Davidson.

Would sacrifice late picks next year to get into the 4th for 2 picks.

Can sacrifice the pick next year because we will be getting 3-4 compensation picks. Also can bargain shop for 5th WR and some Defensive Depth before training camp.

Last edited:
Could had got Dawson in the 3rd and green should have been there at this pick.. I have questions but I trust the process...

im fine with the draft so far. I said a few things before the draft

if gurley wasn't there anymore then don't pick a RB early and then Gordon was also taken off the board. ya I don't think McFadden can handle a full work load but randle and dunbar cant rotate in with carries

also said would love for them to draft defense heavy and that's what they doing
pimp.gif
 could use some more DB's tho

Current Depth Chart. I don't think they have him play ahead of Carr to start, if he shows out, possible. Or if Carr gets cut. The Cowboys could also move him to Free Safety, but considering the struggles of our DB's, he'll be a DB. Slid him right in front of Mo. If we could get Carr to take that paycut, we have a really deep team at DB.
really deep team at DB? a lot of those guys are AVG as hell

Back
Top Bottom