THE OFFICIAL 2023 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Cowboys Gonna Cowboy

Yea Im gonna go ahead and call this season a wash... When Romo comes back we would have to win every single game to even have a slight chance at a wildcard. Romo is good but not a miracle worker...

On the brightside, we are in a very weak division. So IF Romo can come out gunsablazin then that hold my hope in tact, if we make the post season...

Last edited:
Naw not all these games have been on the defense. The 2 games before tonight the defense only gave 13 points each. I will agree that it was terrible tonight, everyone got whopped. We got gashed flat out.

Good to see Dez back

Another loss tho :smh:

Of course not all the games have been on the defense, but how many turnovers has the defense forced this season? The defense can't get off the field on 3rd downs and can't create any turnovers.

I just dont understand why we never get pressure on QBs. Been this way forever.
We always give up huge plays like that to endgames. Felt thatcoming pause.
Those 4th quarter defensive stats were so telling of our season. We start out good, and fade towards the end.we cant make excuses, cause only wins an losses matter, but we have the tools, and our team would have had an easy road to the playoffs...but gotta get the W's. Romo cant be expected to save the day.

1st round. D line
2nd round. D line
3rd round. D line
4th round. Qb to be groomed.

Get rid of Garrett. Always felt it the offensive playcalling was a major issue when Wade was fired. Never liked garrett

We need safeties and linebackers like a shark needs water.
Definitely need youth at the running back and quarterback positions.
And we have a lot of dead weight on this team. Time to trim the fat.

Yup, also time to evaluate Sean Lee. If he cant stay healthy then its time to draft his replacement. Its unfortunate but it may be time to look forward.

McClain isnt making the same plays he was making last year. This year isnt on coaching its on the players

Garrett is so soft and passive. He belongs in the front office as a consultant or team chaplin. He does not have a coaches mentality. For a guy who played for the Cowboys, won Super Bowls with us, he is not the answer.

The offense is archaic. We don't blitz, or cause pressure. We create no turnovers on defense. No interceptions. No pick-6's, no fumble recoveries. T-Will catches, when it's only convenient, Witten is 6'6" 260, but always gets tackled by dudes who are about 200lbs. Witten has never broken a tackle in his Cowboys career.

Team is just overall soft. Dez, Byron Jones, The Offensive Line, and Greg Hardy are the only dudes who give 100% on every down.

Such an average team. Just terry cloth.

How does everyone feel about T.Williams? I say we look for a true replacement at #2 WR spot.

He has gotten a pass because of his ability to stretch the field. But, after 3 years, he has to many crucial drops. I don't think his hands will improve.

I would say, and mind you I didn't get to see last night's game. Is that we have a team devoid of someone to believe in. And that's what Romo does/did. With Romo, you thought, we're always in this, he can lead us, and if we give him the opportunity, he can do it.

I wouldn't say they are average, I would say it's a team that knows even when they are competing (without Romo), the other shoe is going to drop in the game.

Add that to, we don't get pressure due to whatever stupid reasons because of playcalling. That makes it much worse.

I would say, and mind you I didn't get to see last night's game. Is that we have a team devoid of someone to believe in. And that's what Romo does/did. With Romo, you thought, we're always in this, he can lead us, and if we give him the opportunity, he can do it.

I wouldn't say they are average, I would say it's a team that knows even when they are competing (without Romo), the other shoe is going to drop in the game.

Add that to, we don't get pressure due to whatever stupid reasons because of playcalling. That makes it much worse.

Agreed.

T. Will shoulda been a damn corner the way he drops passes and catches with the body :smh: it was nice to see Beasley going off but man we needed Romo this season.

T Will droppin all those passes because he probably still got stripper glitter on his hands from Saturday night

I agree with us needing lb and safety help... Granted we had two injuries, but it was an instant attack once Sean Lee went down... Which is seemingly inevitable..

I don't get the lack of pressure either.. Funny thing is, bringing pressure doesn't seem to help much. IDK the numbers off top, but it seems like we hit on a low percentage of our blitzes..

Penalties as usual..especially stupid third down penalties that kept Philly drives going..

And I hate.. Hate.. Hate jj Wilcox man... Can't stand the dude.. Glorified lb

Cowboys

Eagles

Giants

I aint giving up but this season is done, until this team can prove otherwise. Even when a rusty #9 comes back we will still be in tight games relying on last minute comebacks from #9. So even then some of these games are gonna slip away

Was at the game. That one stung for sure.

I'm not willing to concede the season just yet. Not when we are 2.5 games behind with 8 left to play.

If they can get a killer instinct and refuse to lose, these next two games should be winnable even with a third string quarterback.
Cassel has to stop the pick 6 BS, and the defense has to stop breaking down.
Fix those two things and we can be 4-6, and gettin Romo back for the turkey day battle with Cam and the gang.

I can see Romo going 6-1 only for the Boys to miss the playoffs by that one game and the idiots blaming Romo on how he can't get it done :lol:

Back
Top Bottom