The Official Adidas D Lillard 1

really not sure if the new lacing system would be enough, I feel like the laces has to a bit higher to really push that foot down along with the heel counter

in the meanwhile Lillard2 RipCity PKs comes out Nov 12 for $120
Can't wait for these to come out.... They are so clean

Just copped those Rip City Primeknits. So excited for them to arrive. I missed out on the original Rip City, and also the Static. Those were the only 2 color ways I liked enough to buy.....until this one. Really excited to get these. Going to play in them, and if I don't like them better than my go to's(Hyperdunk '16 low, Kobe 11 EM, M12), I'll wear them casually because they look amazing In my opinion.

I almost never wear current hoop shoes casually, but these ones I would rock.

Hey fellas, i went to west covina mall and called around la area.it seems none of the footlockers have the rip city primeknit in store.

Last edited:
Are the 2s' outsole durable enough for outdoor use or not really?
Most of the pairs do have Continental rubber but the tread is pretty thin, so I wouldn't expect them to hold up for too long but they shouldn't be bad. I don't really play outdoors much anymore so I don't have much relevant info for you.

Will going tts in the rip city primeknits be too roomy? .5 down is sold out for me and adeliscenter has them for 77 shipped right now.

Will going tts in the rip city primeknits be too roomy? .5 down is sold out for me and adeliscenter has them for 77 shipped right now.
I don't know man. I personally have PK and non-PK and half size down is perfect for both of them. With just a bit of breathing room and not too snug. I have a normal width feet though. I don't know about wide footers. I definitely suggest you stick to half size down unless you get to try tts in store. But I guess go for it if it would be possible to return it if it's too big.

I wouldn't use them outside like most modern basketball shoes.

I play in 90's retro models outside.

This year, I bought a Lil Penny Posite for 70$ and before this stone-like outsole is gone, the shoe will fall apart.
tongue.gif

I wouldn't use them outside like most modern basketball shoes.

I play in 90's retro models outside.

This year, I bought a Lil Penny Posite for 70$ and before this stone-like outsole is gone, the shoe will fall apart.
tongue.gif
Cool to hear that other's are making the most of 90s models outdoors.

My favorite outdoor basketball shoes are from the Agassi line or other 90s tennis shoes. Make some seriously good outdoor hoop models. The way they've been doing the phylon has made them super comfy as well.

One more answer on this -- the rubber itself is pretty durable, the issue as some have said is the pattern is super thin, so the grooves won't last long. There's a chance this won't matter if the compound will hold by itself, but I can't say from experience... It looked like Jarron from the Weartesters crew plays in the 2.0s outside so you could hit him up on IG or somewhere

I got the Harden CLB16s from him a few months ago and they're legit. They'll come with an Adidas receipt with some random guys name on it. I think he works for Adidas and uses his disco to get whatever he can cheaper. Even if fake, you can get a refund. Ill post pics of mine when they get to me.

One more answer on this -- the rubber itself is pretty durable, the issue as some have said is the pattern is super thin, so the grooves won't last long. There's a chance this won't matter if the compound will hold by itself, but I can't say from experience... It looked like Jarron from the Weartesters crew plays in the 2.0s outside so you could hit him up on IG or somewhere
I actually had the Lillard 2s in the black red colorway. Used them 2 times on an outdoor court and the outer parts of the outsole were fraying after playing in them. I sold them because i think I got the wrong size as my foot was sliding inside. I want to try them again but in the rip city PK colorway but then again I only play in outdoor courts that's why I was asking about the durability.

With the Jarron thing I wouldn't bother asking him. Dude's a douche and is all keyboard warrior when you debate/give your opinion to him on IG 

I actually had the Lillard 2s in the black red colorway. Used them 2 times on an outdoor court and the outer parts of the outsole were fraying after playing in them. I sold them because i think I got the wrong size as my foot was sliding inside. I want to try them again but in the rip city PK colorway but then again I only play in outdoor courts that's why I was asking about the durability.
Did you go tts? I did and I either have to deal with the sliding (very slight) when wearing thinner socks or wear thicker socks but they aren't as comfortable. That was with the jacquard version.

I might give the PK a try in my tts

Did you go tts? I did and I either have to deal with the sliding (very slight) when wearing thinner socks or wear thicker socks but they aren't as comfortable. That was with the jacquard version.

I might give the PK a try in my tts
I went .5 size down like I do in all Adidas stuff. 

Back
Top Bottom