The Official Adidas D Lillard 1

After playing in the Aways I can't say anything bad or point out any issues.  Traction was just fine where I play, which is a fairly well maintained court.  Some wiping needed, just like every other shoe.

I think it would be difficult to find a better shoe at $105 retail.  They seem to be a good value, especially with discount codes.  That being said, I'm probably going to send my pair back.  They're good at everything in my opinion, but not great and I'm spoiled by great shoes.

After playing in the Aways I can't say anything bad or point out any issues.  Traction was just fine where I play, which is a fairly well maintained court.  Some wiping needed, just like every other shoe.

I think it would be difficult to find a better shoe at $105 retail.  They seem to be a good value, especially with discount codes.  That being said, I'm probably going to send my pair back.  They're good at everything in my opinion, but not great and I'm spoiled by great shoes.
Been getting some good runs into my rip city pair, and the traction is starting to wear away and rip off on both side of the heel and the lateral edge, not the biggest issue, but not sure how long it'll hold up.

Been getting some good runs into my rip city pair, and the traction is starting to wear away and rip off on both side of the heel and the lateral edge, not the biggest issue, but not sure how long it'll hold up.
I feel like these and the CL Boost 2015 would be toast after one or two outdoor sessions on a hot day.  I only play indoors, but even then the rubber is too soft.  At least the Lillard 2 has more tread.

Thanks for all the helpful replies. I play strictly indoors too and have been holding off on getting these. The shoe got such good reviews from weartesters and I want to get them, but I've been waiting for the rip city colorway to release. Kind of a shame that the rubber is wearing off on the gum soles though. You can definitely see that bits of it are just falling off. Nice to see that the solid rubber on the away pair seems to be holding up. I might have to bite the bullet and order an away pair. Either that or grab the curry 2s. Have any of you guys played in the curry 2s? How do the lillard 2 and curry 2 compare to each other?

Hey Duke40 if you don't mind can you take a picture of the heel area of your sole? That seems to be the spot that hyunsoochi3's gum sole is wearing out. 

Last edited:
Not so far. 3 weeks in. Strictly indoors/casual though.
duke40: if you can keep us updated on how the traction is holding up as you continue to play on them, that would be great... i'm looking to customize a pair but not if it's gonna be like the rip city ones i got. those were dust/dirt magnets and the traction just didn't hold up. glad to hear the non-gum soles seem to be better.

fyi - got your message & am working on it. it may take a little while but i won't forget. so much stuff we get is just random drops, released & unreleased. i'm just gonna give it a little time and see what falls my way... 

Last edited:
No problem midd. Looking good forward to it.

Hyunsoochoi, I know you must have let George borrow those, talking about hard cuts. Kidding, you're my guy.

Review on WT going up tonight. Traction on dust sucks, but a quick wipe and I was good. But I had to wipe almost every chance I could during every game. They grab thatch dust. If these had the outsole from last year, hooooo weeee.

Hyunsoochoi, I know you must have let George borrow those, talking about hard cuts. Kidding, you're my guy.

Review on WT going up tonight. Traction on dust sucks, but a quick wipe and I was good. But I had to wipe almost every chance I could during every game. They grab thatch dust. If these had the outsole from last year, hooooo weeee.
Hahaha George definitely has that sneaky head fake, but no longer the quickest guy in the gym 

Have any of you guys played in the curry 2s? How do the lillard 2 and curry 2 compare to each other?
Lillards are smoother in transition to me.

Overall fit, I prefer the Lillard.  They're both comfortable, but it was easier to get dialed in with the Lillard 2.

I prefer the cushioning of the Curry 2 slightly more.  They left me feeling better overall in terms of knees/back, but that could just be me.  Traction is probably more dependable throughout games and various surfaces as well.  And I think the Curry 2 is more stable.

There are other shoes out there that I like more than both of them, so I ended up returning my Curry 2's to wait for the lows and I'm going to send back my Lillard 2's as well.

Review on WT going up tonight. Traction on dust sucks, but a quick wipe and I was good. But I had to wipe almost every chance I could during every game. They grab thatch dust. If these had the outsole from last year, hooooo weeee.
This right here... would complete it.

Wish wiping didn't have to happen at nearly every stop but I'm still enjoying them.  I had issues having to wipe super often with the Curry 1 but I loved almost everything else about that shoe so I put up w/ it.  Similar case for me with these

This is how I can justify buying another pair to myself :smile: Buy aways or a miAdidas pair to ball in, Rip Citys casually.
That's what I did. White pair is strictly casual (summertime but couldn't resist as it seems limited) and the red/black for ball. I went a half size down and they felt tight in game for the first few but loosened up real nice near the end. I think they will be perfect after a few more runs. 

They have been released..and sold out on adidas website. They need to restock them is what you and I should be yelling. I went a a full size down from Nike thinking they might be long like the Tubulars but they ended up being too tight by then my correct size is sold out online..Hopefully can find my size in the city. Anyone know of any upcoming colorways? These shoes are selling pretty quick with each of the colorways and I am happy with the exception of the "Aurora Borealis" with the simplistic colorways for casual wear.

PS: adidas.ca finally noticed and raised the miLillard 2 up $20CAD lol. Maybe it was just an introductory pricing but I should have placed my order. Snoozed and losed.

Trying to find a size 13 in the triple whites. Footlockers website says size 13 are available in store only so I went to the closest footlocker near me knowing they didn't have them at that location( I'm in AZ) but thinking he could order from another store. Dude was zero help. Anyone know where they have the triple whites in a 13?

Just got my Triple Whites in, tried them inside the house and I already know these will be killer on the court. Gonna use them to ball in tonight. 

I need a second pair to keep on ice tho.

If anyone has a lead on a size 11.5, retail or resale, drop me a line. I need these in my life.

Back
Top Bottom