THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I have a pair of leather curries. And I love em. Mine are actually doing the same and I don't have razor heels lol. Just cause that leather sockliner is so soft and the shoe is from 2003 it's bound to peel when your foot is moving around in there.

Hahaha I definitely don't think they are "supposed to do that" like home boy is claiming. Cause under it is just a soft foam. But I think it will naturally do that because of age. Hope that helps.

$160 is way good for those! It's definitely one of my favorites. What size is that? I'll snag if you don't lol.
Man damn now you got me thinking I want to do it. With you owning a pair, would it be possible to have someone repair that inner heel part with a new liner? The leather looks to be in really good shape on these.

Last edited:
Are the patches comfortable or are they stiff because of the toe box material? Was thinking about picking up the olive pair. Thanks.

Man damn now you got me thinking I want to do it. With you owning a pair, would it be possible to have someone repair that inner heel part with a new liner? The leather looks to be in really good shape on these.
Honestly man, I would do it. Those look like they are in really good condition. Leather looks great, and air unit does as well. Just minus the sock liner. But no one really even sees that anyway. 

Thats a good question though....I think it would be really tough, unless you found someone who is a master with leather. 

If it were me, I would do it for sure. Super clean colorway, and thats a good deal. But again, all my opinion.
Are the patches comfortable or are they stiff because of the toe box material? Was thinking about picking up the olive pair. Thanks.
So mine are a bit stiff at first. They have softened up with wear. The toe box is kind of a rough canvas material. Its comfy after a couple of wears. But for me it makes my feet super hot. Hope that helps! 

So mine are a bit stiff at first. They have softened up with wear. The toe box is kind of a rough canvas material. Its comfy after a couple of wears. But for me it makes my feet super hot. Hope that helps! 
Thanks. They def look like a winter shoe.

Yea I think I'm going to pass. He has them for a good price, $160 with no bids, but I don't want to get into a pair that needs that much work.
i wouldve copped if you could even remotely low ball.  all the good ish youre going to find will never be pristine, unless youre looking to pay a grip for DS ish.  and even then, theres no certainty they will hold up.  ie. vnds newspapers i recently copped crumbled on me.  its part of the game.  i have really been doing my research on restoration so a pair like this i wouldnt mind getting into.  
I have a pair of leather curries. And I love em. Mine are actually doing the same and I don't have razor heels lol. Just cause that leather sockliner is so soft and the shoe is from 2003 it's bound to peel when your foot is moving around in there.

Hahaha I definitely don't think they are "supposed to do that" like home boy is claiming. Cause under it is just a soft foam. But I think it will naturally do that because of age. Hope that helps.

$160 is way good for those! It's definitely one of my favorites. What size is that? I'll snag if you don't lol.
^^ this dude ^^ will wear anything in any size.  dont listen to him.  he bought a XL garbage bag with the corners cut out for arm holes because kanye said it was the new ish.  

nerd.gif

starting to really see that bad shape on the bespoke. wasn't bad to me at first...but now...smh
yeah i would not be happy with that.  for a G, id rather find 2 lesser grails (with the risk of crumble) and call it a day.  

i hope the 2004 shape ish is for real.  i plan on making a bespoke in fall of  '18 as a gift to myself. it would be something else to get it all right. 

Last edited:
Why would they do that, since we have the FKs now with apparently a very good shape. According to some.
but FKs are not made from normal materials and also the midsole is from the ultra model

it would be nice if the normal AM1s would have the same shape as the HF AM1s that would be a great improvement imo

Well done and about time....if it actually happens.

New Balance England finally started listening to complaints about the 1500 shape and they actually did something about it. First batch with the corrected shape disappeared with the quickness.

@Mrphist Which Patches do you have?
I have the sand colorway. Love em! 

And man oh man....if this is true about the shape....its gon be crazy. 

I hope they dont do something like, the ones that get the good shape are QS and limited while they keep with the nasty shape with the GRs...

Cause even GRs with ugly colorways would look much better with that 2004 shape

Last edited:

^^ this dude ^^ will wear anything in any size.  dont listen to him.  he bought a XL garbage bag with the corners cut out for arm holes because kanye said it was the new ish.  
LOL

Def not buyin anythin Kanye says to buy. hahah not any size! Im 9-9.5 and I just found out 9s are way too tight, even in 2003 leather graphites :/ 

Back
Top Bottom