THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Remember what Nike did with the Air max zero? Wasn't it a year until they were readily available? Hope they don't make me wait that long.

Newbie here... I copped a pair of AM1s on the Nike.com raffle...

A pair has just sold for £500 (on auction in the UK)... prices going absolutely insane.

laugh.gif
bruh you're SMACKED
sick.gif
mean.gif
You're talking to a guy that listed his AM1 anniversaries on eBay 10 minutes after he was able to buy them off Kith. Pay him no mind.

just bit the bullet and paid resale for the OG red pair. a little under $200 isn't bad. i don't think nike will restock these in high numbers just cuz it's an "anniversary" shoe.

went down a half size tho. anyone confirm the sizing on this pair?
Maaaan let me catch a pair for under $200. You wouldn't have to ask me twice.

Last edited:
Would y'all drop $400 for both of these on March 26th?
JJgg7.gif

I can't comment on quality since I don't have a pair of the 2017 but from the pics here I still think the HOA look better overall. The thing that throws me off on the new pair is the way the mesh looks its pin striping up towards the tongue and the the HOA still look more streamline. Would still be happy with the newer one for retail just to have in stock for later.
kinda like it. Same weave as the 92 tailwind retro from a few years back. Probably one of the best retros Nike put out outside the air max line
an older cat in my hood had them, I wanna say circa '09? I loved the white, grey and blue jawns

nike-air-tailwind-92-white-royal-blue-grey-2.jpg

Last edited:
Is there an online compendium of AM1 releases since 87? Like when did the berrys that just dropped first release? 2012? Too many "L" and "Nike doing us dirty" posts to sift through to find anything useful or informative.

Last edited:
Word is the OG red and blue are releasing again without special box and bag later as a GR.
Can anyone confirm this?

It would make sense. All the early pictures of these had the slim box but no one got a slim box Saturday
Maybe the slim box was F&F only, we only seen them from those who got their pairs early. If they are re-releasing again, I would still like the special box tho. I have no use for the dust bag, but it would have been a nice touch.

I was ready to pay up for that pack but at first glance those III's are pretty bad. Don't know how Nike messed them up. May make great trade bait though. Also makes me glad rumor has it Atmos AM1 will drop separately. Blues are looking really good. And my speculation would be slim boxes for earlier pairs because either they went out to tastemakers/influencers and F&F early, like Thierry Henry Thierry Henry said. But who knows, all we can do is guess. Maybe Nike is going the Adidas marketing route? Keeping these OG colorways hyper limited gives them cache, and brings more people to the Air Max line. Kind of like Yeezys and Ultraboost initially brought people to the rest of Adidas' boost/running line.

looks like those jewels are all suede and can make out a white pair behind them as well if you look hard enough.

Jewels don't do it for me. Happy they are bringing them back for the guys that dig them though.

Last edited:
Everyone ready for their new family room coasters?

Just like your safaris, your new 2017 Atmos will be great for keeping water stains off the wood counter tops!

Remember what Nike did with the Air max zero? Wasn't it a year until they were readily available? Hope they don't make me wait that long.
If you are referring to the first navy colorway, they were semi-limited but not as limited as OG Red 1. They did get a restock though. I still believe Nike will restock these OG 1 at some point. Maybe an early reservation for some customers just like they did with Banned 1? #wishfulthinking  

Back
Top Bottom