THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Dear Nike,

Can y'all stop dropping different variations of OG AM1s every so often and just give us a mass produced drop already? Keep your patches, we don't want no ultras or knits, shove those tapes and no sews up your *** and give us a got damn real release!

Sincerely,

Airthompson

:lol:

Yeah, no joke. Make those ultras and knits super limited and let the beast scoop those up.

I'm of the thinking that the OG colors should release yr after yr and be readily available all yr long.

across the board with all Nike heritage models. but that's just me. I know cats love their exclusivites.
I'd love that but then the og red and blue would basically be Monarchs. Nothing that sits on the shelf year round is going to be considered cool.

Didn't trying for he royals and the last few pages suggests that was a good call. Sad to see so many missing out. My appetite for Nike has taken a serious beating this last few weeks.

I'd love that but then the og red and blue would basically be Monarchs. Nothing that sits on the shelf year round is going to be considered cool.

Even better. I couldn't care less what the young hypebeasts think is cool.

Let me grab obsidians a couple times a year, every year with the corrected shape and I'm set.

Agree 100% I'm tired of being shut out of the shoes I want am 95 neon , am90 infrared and og am1 could release every year and I would never complain

^throw in ultramarine 180's & persian violet BW's and I'll buy them every single season.
agreed! i have every og cw of the AM but the ultramarines. I would've been happy if they had that planned for this years AMD

Even better. I couldn't care less what the young hypebeasts think is cool.

Let me grab obsidians a couple times a year, every year with the corrected shape and I'm set.
Right, you and I would be cool with that. Nike doesn't want to be the grandpa shoe company though. They have to stay relevant with the kids.

^ditto brother. had to even after coming up for 50$ the wk prior off footsite

I ended up w/3 pairs of Persians, 2 USA's & 2 Mariana jades for around the same price I paid for my 05' Persian Violets in 07' smh.

the tongues on the new BW's pale in comparison to my 05' but at least the paint holds up on these ones.

Last edited:
The hype will die on AM1s after AMD. 
laugh.gif

Nike like Adidas probably realize that the current sneaker mania has a limited lifespan. There'll always be people like us copping a lot of pairs, but this situation right now where every boy and girl old enough to earn some money or use daddy's credit card has 50 pairs won't last. 5 years ago they all wore vans or chucks and I'm sure the tide will turn again in due course. Nike are going to milk this for all its worth just like Adidas with 5 new colorways of nmd a week.

Nike like Adidas probably realize that the current sneaker mania has a limited lifespan. There'll always be people like us copping a lot of pairs, but this situation right now where every boy and girl old enough to earn some money or use daddy's credit card has 50 pairs won't last. 5 years ago they all wore vans or chucks and I'm sure the tide will turn again in due course. Nike are going to milk this for all its worth just like Adidas with 5 new colorways of nmd a week.

Yeah I'm glad Nike is taking notes from Adidas. :smh: some of the stuff I see on this board is unbeliveable.

Last edited:
Dear Nike,

Can y'all stop dropping different variations of OG AM1s every so often and just give us a mass produced drop already? Keep your patches, we don't want no ultras or knits, shove those tapes and no sews up your *** and give us a got damn real release!

Sincerely,

Airthompson

laugh.gif
ha ha nice
tongue.gif

I dont understand Nike anymore, nowadays they ruin almost every releases with shady moves (F... their so called commercial strategy)

since 2013 I struggle to buy some shoes that I like

stroke out almost everytime

I remember the AM90 OG infrared 2015, was easy to cop, (no hype, ok not the best retro but pretty decent, It could have been better tho, the grey was too light again, color of the inner linning..)

Nike always makes some weird changes, don't know why, I remember the 2013 vandals terminator, they put a heel tab, white sole instead of black ... Nike always does that kind of thing, see the lighter grey on the AM1 OG, the mesh pattern... ok just details but the devil is in the details

anyway I digress

like the AM90 I thought it would be easy to buy a simple pair of AM1 OG, afterall it's not a boost or any kind of hypebeast shoe

but no, Nike decided to sell less shoe than an endangered rhino

just because they reshaped the shoe,

seriously the should have done that earlier just after 2005 when they messed up

but took 12 years to do something ( the shape is better now but not perfect, could've been better tho)

anyway

hope they gonna put the OG on GR, and some classic CW as obsidians, mcflys and chilis too

Last edited:
^grest post and repped :smokin

just giving you guys my .02 but if $$$ is burin a hole in your pocket and you're dying to cop an 87 after missing these OG's numerous times over by this point, do yourself a favor and get a pair of the pinnacles....you won't be disappointed.

They know that the Ultra 2.0 3.26 og red will sit so they choose to create a frustration with a wide L distributor release to build a consolation cop sell ^^

ha ha nice
tongue.gif

I dont understand Nike anymore, nowadays they ruin almost every releases with shady moves (F... their so called commercial strategy)

since 2013 I struggle to buy some shoes that I like

stroke out almost everytime

I remember the AM90 OG infrared 2015, was easy to cop, (no hype, ok not the best retro but pretty decent, It could have been better tho, the grey was to light again, color of the inner linning..)

Nke always makes some weird changes, don't know why, I remember the 2013 vandals terminator, they put a heel tab, white sole instead of black ... Nike always does that kind of thing, see the lighter grey on the AM1 OG, the mesh pattern... ok just details but the devil is in the details

anyway I digress

like the AM90 I thought it would be easy to buy a simple pair of AM1 OG, afterall it's not a boost or any kind of hypebeast shoe

but no, Nike decided to sell less shoe than an endangered rhino

just because they reshaped the shoe,

seriously the should have done that earlier just after 2005 when they messed up

but took 12 years to do something ( the shape is better now but not perfect, could've been better tho)

anyway

hope they gonna put the OG on GR, and some classic CW as obsidians, mcflys and chilis too
Wish my AM1s and 90s would compress like that; would be so much more comfortable!

what do u mean compress? Like him doing the European Toe Push to make the sneaker look more sleek?
No, I mean the air unit having a lower PSI than modern AMs, such that you can actually feel it compress when you walk.

Reminds me of wearing Footlocker Exclusives in 05. Those days people mentioned it was 'not done' to wear Air Max. The same people wearing pignose AM1's 11 years later...

Back
Top Bottom