THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Resellers at Concepts in NYC were definitely waiting in cars before emerging right before the store opened at 11. I was about 30th in line and had no chance. But there were a couple parents with a son, who arrived at 6:30 in the morning and by my observation were the first people on the line. They waited outside the entire time and were they basically pushed off the line by the guard and the resellers right before 11 because the resellers claimed to have been waiting since Friday afternoon. It was deeply upsetting to me—that poor family.

To me, FCFS means waiting in the line at the door, not sitting in a car, not going to the bathroom, not leaving to get a snack. etc. That, to me, limits the amount of time I'm willing to spend waiting on a line to maybe four or five hours, as it should, physiologically, for the average person. 
I'm OK with someone walking away to use the bathroom or grab a drink or something to eat. Be gone 30 minutes or less and don't do it more than once every 6 hour or whatever. The sitting in the car is ******** though. I just assume they paid the guard off bc it makes no sense at all.

I'm OK with someone walking away to use the bathroom or grab a drink or something to eat. Be gone 30 minutes or less and don't do it more than once every 6 hour or whatever. The sitting in the car is ******** though. I just assume they paid the guard off bc it makes no sense at all.

That guard's a royal POS for allowing that to happen.
F* him. But NYC bit different though.
Saw in Boost Thread(?) during a drop, story about middle aged head was in line like everyone else. Dudes strolled up to their chairs next morning and were told No Way and he would disrupt to cancel drop. They went back to end of line.

Praise be to that dude. Only chairs tossed to parking lot would have been even better story.

I see the same scumbags any time I show up for a drop in NYC. They're all tight with security. They roam in packs. Magically get wristbands. It's almost impossible to try and score on FCFS. Unless you drop tons of money with a shop and get tight with them, it's pretty much a waste of time. Sad but true!

^yep. It's always been this way

the same cats been at this forever and nothing is ever gonna change cause when you do start some **** about it the cops end up showing and then nooone gets ****.

sad but true.

That guard's a royal POS for allowing that to happen.
F* him. But NYC bit different though.
Saw in Boost Thread(?) during a drop, story about middle aged head was in line like everyone else. Dudes strolled up to their chairs next morning and were told No Way and he would disrupt to cancel drop. They went back to end of line.

Praise be to that dude. Only chairs tossed to parking lot would have been even better story.

Didn't hear about this until now. Smart thinking by the man. More people have to use this strategy. Srsly waiting in line means waiting in line if i don't see a body in front of me you weren't there.

I see the same scumbags any time I show up for a drop in NYC. They're all tight with security. They roam in packs. Magically get wristbands. It's almost impossible to try and score on FCFS. Unless you drop tons of money with a shop and get tight with them, it's pretty much a waste of time. Sad but true!

I've had very little luck buying in-store in NYC. It's he same guys at every drop, often walking away with 8-12 pairs each. (Try going to Nikelab some Saturday morning. It's a joke.) I'll try the next couple weekends but expect to get nothing in store and whatever I do get online. It's just tough as an individual person without a network, who's willing to spending a decent amount of time to obtain certain releases but who isn't ever going to camp or make money from buying sneakers.

Last edited:
when I used to line up I never went w/o at least 3 other likeminded heads

rolling solo to a hype drop is just asking for trouble, especially nowadays

I always roll solo. Just gotta keep your head on a swivel.

Luckily most of the security guys for these shops are bouncers from NJ bar/strip club scene 

If only shipping from Philippines to US is cheaper. I see a lot of og royals popping out of my facebook feed ranging from $280-$320

nerd.gif

Last edited:
Its insane what people are willing to pay when you can get the HOA and original Atmos release for around the same price or less! Hype is one hell of a drug!

Last edited:
I find it strange that the pricing on these releases are so inconsistent.
Reds - $130
Blues - $140
Atmos - $150
Masters - $130  Most surprising

Atmos are premium. So I understand the $150. My pair is so soft and nice white leather.

I think the OG back in 2007 was $150 was it not?

Atmos are premium. So I understand the $150. My pair is so soft and nice white leather.

I think the OG back in 2007 was $150 was it not?
Yeah.. I understand the Atmos price but figured the Masters would be the same. The fact that they are cheaper than the rest is very surprising and gives me a little hope that they are the most available.

The OGs are slick, and have a great legacy, particularly for those of us who owned the OG.  However, these aren't worth more than retail (even the current retail price is a stretch).  The hype in here is out of control.  These will come back at some point.  I refuse to give in to the marketing genius!

By when should we know if these are going to be more widely available? Figured we'd be seeing tons of early pairs on eBay already, but that doesn't seem like the case. :/

Back
Top Bottom